Status
Not open for further replies.

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
If you use the bridge for Proton Mail to connect it with an email client, you can do that.

Good to know they offer this. From what I last read from Proton about email replies was the receiver (if they didn't use Proton themselves, or, presumably have PGP set up) needed to reply via a generated web page, which seems too convoluted for general use, although I've read some comments that suggest you can disable this (though that's kind of the selling point of Proton, apart from say this extra nice inbox feature).

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Looks like no preorders for resonance of fate but there will be a 10% discount

Even with a 10% off the price is too much for me, 31.50€ for a Remastered is really an expensive price considering remasters usually launch for 20€ or so. Even Star Ocean The Last Hope, which is 4K and 60 fps launched for less than 20€. ZOE2 Remastered is 4k/60 fps too and it launched for 30€ (I got it just because I paid 15€ for it from Humble, the 30€ price was still too much), so I see no reason for this game to be 35€. I'll get it eventually down the road when it's discounted, considering the PS3 version was discounted for less than 5€ several times, and on PS3/360 the game was 1080p upscaled (and 30 fps), I doubt on PC there are so many users using a 4K monitor, the majority (like me) will probably still play it on a 1080p monitor with 60 fps. I think remasters should be cheap, a way to get some money back by remastering an old title and selling it again, considering the work you do when you remaster a game is way less than creating a new game from zero, 35€ is almost the price of a new, low budget release like Styx, in example. I also think the reason remasters sell enough is because they are also priced as remasters.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Slightly off-topic, and definitely super dependent on each person - but which 5-10 reviewers should I follow on opencritic? I removed everyone, and want to stick to a core that are decent (I follow in alphabetical order - angrycentaur, eurogamer, giant bomb, pc gamer, rock paper, and angry joe).

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Even with a 10% off the price is too much for me, 31.50€ for a Remastered is really an expensive price considering remasters usually launch for 20€ or so. Even Star Ocean The Last Hope, which is 4K and 60 fps launched for less than 20€. ZOE2 Remastered is 4k/60 fps too and it launched for 30€ (I got it just because I paid 15€ for it from Humble, the 30€ price was still too much), so I see no reason for this game to be 35€. I'll get it eventually down the road when it's discounted, considering the PS3 version was discounted for less than 5€ several times, and on PS3/360 the game was 1080p upscaled (and 30 fps), I doubt on PC there are so many users using a 4K monitor, the majority (like me) will probably still play it on a 1080p monitor with 60 fps. I think remasters should be cheap, a way to get some money back by remastering an old title and selling it again, considering the work you do when you remaster a game is way less than creating a new game from zero, 35€ is almost the price of a new, low budget release like Styx, in example. I also think the reason remasters sell enough is because they are also priced as remasters.
Wait, when did they confirmed the price?

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Wait, when did they confirmed the price?

PlayStation blog confirmed it at $35 USD and everyone's been running with that since lol.

PlayStation store Japan is charging ¥3,996 (with 10% discount.) So the 30-35 range seems about right for rest of the world.

Edit: Too slow. I think the price is fair given the amount of work put into the remaster. They went straight for the 4K jugular, with videos and textures. I'm excited.

Deleted member 8106

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
PlayStation blog confirmed it at $35 USD and everyone's been running with that since lol.

PlayStation store Japan is charging ¥3,996 (with 10% discount.) So the 30-35 range seems about right for rest of the world.

Edit: Too slow.
Well, considering EU users usually get fu**ed pretty bad with regional pricing, I'm expecting a 40€ price for it if the price in dollars is 35. See what Sega did with Shenmue, which is 35€ here. At least until a couple of years ago we got screwed with a 1:1 conversion, still paying much more than american users, but now it's even worse with unfair prices.

The amount of work is very similar to many remasters we saw. I mean, if you consider this than the ZOE2 Remaster should cost 50€ because they put a brand new VR mode in it? Even excluding the new models CyGames created for the game. Another example: Chrono Trigger. Considering the resolution available on PC is the highest one between all platforms the game released on, this could be considered a remastered...but SE didn't charge 30 or 40€ for it.

A remaster in my opinion is a remaster, you can't charge as much as you want, because in the end you just got an old game and updated it. I mean, a lot of later PC ports are, in fact, remasters, because they run with a higher resolution compared to console and even better FPS. Take the FFXIII Trilogy, in example. Or Bayonetta and Vanquish. Now the trend is porting a game, call it Remastered and call the day, but usual those re-release are in fact low budget projects because publishers know people are paying for an old game released time ago with a coat of paint on it. Of course no one say publishers can't price their games as they want, but than you can't cry about people not buying your game when the price is out of the market.

Last edited:

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
(Un)surprisingly i have this game in my backlog
Notice: Armored Hunter GUNHOUND EX Distribution Ending
To all users,

In accordance with the temporary suspension of operations of DRACUE Co., Ltd., owners of the rights to Armored Hunter GUNHOUND EX, distribution of the PC version of said title has been scheduled to end on October 16th, 2018.

This includes distribution of the game on both Steam and the PLAYISM website.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our users, and we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you very much for playing Armored Hunter GUNHOUND EX.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/273240/announcements/detail/1676919997044671244

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, it's hard. I wish I could afford it but it's sadly not within reason for me around this time of year :/

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
(Un)surprisingly i have this game in my backlog
Notice: Armored Hunter GUNHOUND EX Distribution Ending

https://steamcommunity.com/games/273240/announcements/detail/1676919997044671244

Current Lowest Price: 14,99€ at Steam (Info)
Historical Lowest Price: 2,99€ at Steam on 26.11.2014 (Info)

nsr.gif

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Good to know they offer this. From what I last read from Proton about email replies was the receiver (if they didn't use Proton themselves, or, presumably have PGP set up) needed to reply via a generated web page, which seems too convoluted for general use, although I've read some comments that suggest you can disable this (though that's kind of the selling point of Proton, apart from say this extra nice inbox feature).

Exchanging encrypted emails is not the main point of ProtonMail for the general public. Most of the time, your penpal will be using Gmail anyway, because they do not care, so unless you go through this convoluted procedure to ensure nobody will read your trivial email, it will just be like your usual email exchange: you don't tick the "encryption" box and everything works as usual for your penpal.

In my opinion, the main point of PM for the general public is that your storage of archived emails is encrypted on your side. So, nobody is going to perform some data-mining on your emails, at best they will have access to the email headers, dates and email adresses of your penfriends (if they are the police and have a Swiss court order).

Of course, if you are a reporter/dissident in an authoritarian country, the situation is different and you want to make sure nobody is going to eavesdrop on you via your email exchanges.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I'm thinking about possibly switching to Zoho email. At a quick glance they seem pretty good and offer the features I need without a hassle.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
another day in Era.

Valve is a private company, fascists aren't entitled to a platform on a private company. Valve has cultivated that shitty far right white supremacist and antifeminist audience for years, and its moves like allowing these games to exist on their platform that encourages their behavior.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Must stay strong and not look at them too much.
Took a quick look on those I found. Overall very positive, most of them focus on Colombia level. Confirmed one of the assassination methods teased in a trailer as well as a related challenge quest:
Kill by pushing people into a pond with a Hippo.
Kill all three targets with the Hippo.

Edit: Saw the one from PC Gamer, the title says it all:
Hitman 2's new levels feel like the series at its peak

Last edited:

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hurricane is heading directly to me, so they cancelled work.

Would be a great time to have a dedicated Steam handheld device that works without needing internet access.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
The most important VC4 DLC just released, huzzah!

It has been yeah. I'm there day 1 though. Mechs, bullets, third-person, great artwork. These are among my favorite things.

I'm still waiting for some actual hands-on HD gameplay before i make up my mind.
I'm interested but the way it is being ahndled doesn't instill me with confidence.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh a new thread about a shitty PC game, this should be filled with perfectly reasonable posts I am sure.

a platform that lets in hundred of garbage products that pile and pile ontop of good games, have no curation system, not child friendly, not user friendly in the fact that many of its games are DRM . the UI hasn't been updated in almost a decade and games being overpriced and making a system based on waiting for items to go on sale to buy is awful. especially old games, dear god if its not a relevant game then its going to be 40-60 dollars even tho you can get it on like old consoles for 10 or 15.

the games are either MSRP or on sale for dirt cheap. nothing in between, if not on sale. well fuck you you pay way too much. I want to play the game I want to play. not whatever is on sale. some of you are fine with that. am personally not.

did I point out enough reasons? or did I not?

if you want me to point out one reason its definitely the fact that 95% of everything on steam is crap thats 5/10 even on the IGN scale at best. am not looking to dumpster dive to find a good game

also I really enjoy the amount of ads it has its really great and fantastic. pop up ads. sidebar ads. its all great.

Wait, nevermind, this is Era.

AMD

Oct 27, 2017
You guys told me I no longer have to individually confirm all my 0.05c card listings on the mobile app but I still have to :(
It's really erratic at the moment.

I've just listed the cards I picked up via the most recent Humble Monthly. A couple of them went straight up for sale but most needed confirmation, including some duplicates of the cards which were immediately cleared. Weird.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh a new thread about a shitty PC game, this should be filled with perfectly reasonable posts I am sure.

Wait, nevermind, this is Era.
That's why I wish the PC community here on ERA would branch out, and create our own forums.
Outside of this topic, you can't really discuss anything regarding the PC, without some idiotic comments, and the moderators do nothing about it, even when reported.

If you criticize something regarding the Switch, for example, you risk being banned.
When it comes to the PC, everything goes: any topic regarding any upcoming multiplatform game, like the upcoming Soul Calibur 6, there's the usual comments about cheating or piracy on PC.
I thought these forums where supposed to cover every platform, and be welcoming to users of every platform.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
For me personally, the fact that I trust ProtonMail to store my emails in encrypted form is the biggest selling point (without access to the keys, which are solely in my possession, and without which I might restore access to my account, but only by essentially losing my emails). That's something no one else can, or is willing to offer.
Sending end-to-end encryption is a nice feature (which is what you're talking about, and it's just a feature, you can send normal unencrypted emails too), but I'm mostly receiving emails from various platforms (Steam, Amazon, etc.) which are sending them in unencrypted form anyway. For normal people who want to use encrypted mail between each other, ProtonMail is likely the best option, yes. Or PGP, though I wouldn't expect normal non-tech-savy people to be able to set it up (cue joke from XCKD).

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's why I wish the PC community here on ERA would branch out, and create our own forums.
Outside of this topic, you can't really discuss anything regarding the PC, without some idiotic comments, and the moderators do nothing about it, even when reported.

If you criticize something regarding the Switch, for example, you risk being banned.
When it comes to the PC, everything goes: any topic regarding any upcoming multiplatform game, like the upcoming Soul Calibur 6, there's the usual comments about cheating or piracy on PC.
I thought these forums where supposed to cover every platform, and be welcoming to users of every platform.
At this point it wouldn't surprise me if mods just glance over my reports given how much shit I report.

It's gotten better since Jaw was added to the team, but the issue of inconsistent moderation depending on how much the mod team care about a specific issue is a wider problem on this site not limited to just PC gaming. The amount of rubbish I've seen in off topic is insane.

And yeah, a certain members (Derrick?) ban a few months ago for "console warring" for entering a Switch thread and saying he felt 720p sub 30fps on some game I don't remember was pathetic springs to mind. Much, much worse things happen in every PC thread.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
The thing I have witnessed in this "PC Gaming" thread is that some people always need to vent / rant in this very thread for annoying posts from other threads. To be completely honest, this kind of action in fact driven me away from this thread until recently due to my inner hype for Hitman 2.

Meanwhile, the admin and mod team does need to improve if there is bias modding. Personally I have seen some eye-rolling comments from various threads that are neither warned or banned, but I don't feel there is a platform bias. Maybe I am not looking too hard.

Oct 27, 2017
At this point it wouldn't surprise me if mods just glance over my reports given how much shit I report.

It's gotten better since Jaw was added to the team, but the issue of inconsistent moderation depending on how much the mod team care about a specific issue is a wider problem on this site not limited to just PC gaming. The amount of rubbish I've seen in off topic is insane.

And yeah, a certain members (Derrick?) ban a few months ago for "console warring" for entering a Switch thread and saying he felt 720p sub 30fps on some game I don't remember was pathetic springs to mind. Much, much worse things happen in every PC thread.
I reported several users and posts, when things are particularly ridiculous and antagonizing. Outside of one user receiving a warning, nothing was ever done regarding the reported posts and users.

I really don't understand the moderation of these forums. When that "debacle" happened (when some users decided to come into this topic to antagonize PC users, because of that Bayonetta re-release), several of the regulars that post on this topic received 1 week bans.
Yet, someone posts the following, and receives the same "punishment":
https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-brazil-a-game-was-released-on-steam-where-you're-out-to-kill-women-gays-and-people-of-color.73661/#post-13591187

Status
Not open for further replies.