What game on your wishlist are you adding to your backlog this month?

• Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

Votes: 142 36.0%
  • 428: Shibuya Scramble

Votes: 33 8.4%
  • Life is Strange 2

Votes: 59 15.0%
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4

Votes: 57 14.5%
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Votes: 103 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if posted, but Wasteland 1 is getting a remaster called Wasteland 30th anniversary. It's done by Krome, the same studio that did Bard's tale Trilogy. Confirmed on Wasteland 2 backer update
9370600b2723405b09cb3e9bb56d521d_original.jpg
Well, they already kinda remastered Wasteland 1, with higher resolution images. So is this then a full-on remake, in the Wasteland 2/3 engine? That would be amazing, but I can't see that happening, not without a Kickstarter to help fund it.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
What is it you're hoping to get out of it that you're not getting?

I mostly remember it being a competent Batman: Arkham battle simulator.

I just like LOTR and playing a game in that setting with high production values is appealing. Unfortunately I dislike all of the Batman games (Asylum isn't that bad) so this copying their combat starts off on a bad foot. Then the story is also poor and the environment is very boring.

Not my kind of game perhaps, but honestly I have trouble imagining why anyone would enjoy it. Time and place maybe.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
I just like LOTR and playing a game in that setting with high production values is appealing. Unfortunately I dislike all of the Batman games (Asylum isn't that bad) so this copying their combat starts off on a bad foot. Then the story is also poor and the environment is very boring.

Not my kind of game perhaps, but honestly I have trouble imagining why anyone would enjoy it. Time and place maybe.
It very much was a time-and-place thing but I really enjoyed that nemesis system. Yes, it could have been even better but it was the first foray into this kinda emergent gameplay mechanics in AAA gaming. But as a huge LotR nerd I had to actually disconnect this game from the books. The game actually fits in with the tone set by the Hobbit movies (less talking, more fighting) but those movies are only LotR in name.

Deleted member 300

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Weirdly i hated Shadow of mordor but im enjoying shadow of war. Dunno if that will be same for you but you never know

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How to stop steam flashing in taskbar on launch, have to click on it to remove the yellow highlight every time. I disabled new friends ui already with -nofriendsui

sur le web

Nov 8, 2017
I'm only now realizing that the 2080Ti is ~450 USD more expensive in Sweden than in the United States so I'm hoping that SOMETHING will stop me from putting a month's worth of pay on a graphics card.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
I'm fine with 30$ price for AAA game. Too bad that I'm not really interested in AC7 and didn't follow news about it, is it anything close to GOTY contender or at least have photomode?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I've been cleaning up achievements in Tomb Raider. One of the very first kills (if done from hiding) she buries her axe in a guy's back to pull him close and then stabs him in the front. This is a guy who is just walking over to check on a generator or something. In that quiet moment Lara seems like a bloodthirsty killer.

I hope the next iteration of TR makes killing humans a lot more rare.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Well yeah, SotTR is looking good in some places. Can't say it looks amazing everywhere, outside specifically designed places and cutscenes lighting can be simplistic, there's also some collision and geometry flaws, but I inspecting literally every single corner of the levels with photo mode now and have like 1.5% completion progress after 2 hours of "playing" it, so my opinion probably should not be counted.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Well yeah, SotTR is looking good in some places. Can't say it looks amazing everywhere, outside specifically designed places and cutscenes lighting can be simplistic, there's also some collision and geometry flaws, but I inspecting literally every single corner of the levels with photo mode now and have like 1.5% completion progress after 2 hours of "playing" it, so my opinion probably should not be counted.

I think that it looks much more consistent compared to Rise.
They improved 2 biggest issues from previous game. AA and overall IQ in big hubs. Imo. art style in Shadow is great, and setting helps a lot.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Even after editing the config file I'm still getting notifications from Steam whenever a game I follow has new updates, ugh.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Batman Damned #1 off ComiXology and they censored his penis. When is Steam gonna start selling uncensored comics?

Oct 27, 2017
The most popular Gwent streamer might switch to Artifact. Or so, I understand from watching parts of this video and Reddit threads.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/9gbt4w/has_anyone_watched_swims_comments_on_hc/

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/9h42fw/you_made_swim_emotional/

I know there's a lot of Artifact vs Hearthstone competition online, but the games I'd be worried about are the second tier ones like Gwent and that Elder Scrolls one whose name I can't even remember. I can't imagine Blizzard is too scared, but those other companies probably should be.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if they put gwent on a platform that people actually use it could do better.

Serves them right honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.