• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What game on your wishlist are you adding to your backlog this month?

• Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

Votes: 142 36.0%
  • 428: Shibuya Scramble

Votes: 33 8.4%
  • Life is Strange 2

Votes: 59 15.0%
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4

Votes: 57 14.5%
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Votes: 103 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Yes so I can fulfill my dream of modding naked raiden into every MGS game.

On an unrelated note, got a 2080 on preorder but someone just offered me a 1080ti for $475. Should I cancel the 2080 and go for that or keep the preorder and believe in the future of DLSS And Ray Tracing?
damn thats a tough choice....I'd maybe go 2080ti for that cheap, you could always sell it later for a likely profit and use that to help pay for a 2080

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think there's much point at getting this stuck at the bottom of the page so

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who's primarily interested in the RPG stuff and has liked but not loved most Platinum stuff, should I get Nier or wait on Ni No Kuni to go to $30 during the Fall Sale now that it has difficulty modes?

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's primarily interested in the RPG stuff and has liked but not loved most Platinum stuff, should I get Nier or wait on Ni No Kuni to go to $30 during the Fall Sale now that it has difficulty modes?

Nier combat and general gameplay is way more on the action side than the RPG side, so it seems that Ni no Kuni is more up your alley (haven't played the second game, though).

But I still feel obliged to say that Nier is amazing and you should play it either way.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Nier is by far the better game in pretty much every regard.

The only thing that kept me going through NNK2 was the kingdom aspect and even that was not very great given so much of it focused on improvements for combat that weren't needed. Even on higher difficulties the mechanics just don't feel like they come together.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Nier combat and general gameplay is way more on the action side than the RPG side, so it seems that Ni no Kuni is more up your alley (haven't played the second game, though).

But I still feel obliged to say that Nier is amazing and you should play it either way.

havent played nier but i gave up on ni no kuni

so dull

Nier is by far the better game in pretty much every regard.

The only thing that kept me going through NNK2 was the kingdom aspect and even that was not very great given so much of it focused on improvements for combat that weren't needed. Even on higher difficulties the mechanics just don't feel like they come together.

Urghh, Nier sounds pretty definitive, but I just don't know if I can bring myself to pull the trigger at $30. It's right on that line. I'll probably lock it in this weekend.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
there should be a new ogre battle game
159.gif

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
NieR is a masterpiece.

And I say that as somebody who doesn't have any particular appreciation for Platinum's games. You need to get it.

Dakath

"This guy are sick"
Oct 26, 2017
I am on record as being totally on board with sacrificing a young development team full of hopes and dreams to bring the Ogre Matsuno back to the video game industry. I lent my energy to Unsung Story, I'll do it again.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Tried to give the Forza Horizon 4 demo a spin. No sound. Turns out you need to uncheck the 'Disable all enhancements' box in the sound settings. Then, the demo crashed every time I got to the waterfall and the cutscene kicks in. Turns out you need to set the game to high priority in the task manager.

PC gaming is awesome.

latest

That said, the game is as fun as ever and (close to) 60fps on my GTX 960 are pretty damn nice. Definitely going to grab a cheap 1060 before I buy the game, though.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Tried to give the Forza Horizon 4 demo a spin. No sound. Turns out you need to uncheck the 'Disable all enhancements' box in the sound settings. Then, the demo crashed every time I got to the waterfall and the cutscene kicks in. Turns out you need to set the game to high priority in the task manager.

That's how I fixed Zone of the Enders 2's audio. Strange that both games require the same fix for audio.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

PC gaming is awesome.

latest
You meant Microsoft's divine gift to filthy plebs aka uwp gaming.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
thoughts on not marking NPCs that have quests in rpgs? the old "you gotta talk to everybody" aproach.

Playing Shadows Awakening (which seems shockingly good, well maybe not shocking since the word of mouth was good but still) and I'm finding a lot of sidequests from talking to people that I would otherwise ignore usuall, they have no marker on them like a mmo would for example, and the only way you can even tell you can talk to someone is because when you mouse over them they have a blue highlight around them (thats actually nice) so now im paranoid and mousing over every npc I see and talking to everybody. Granted so far it doesnt seem like a problem because the hubs are small enough, but it reminded me how I never really liked that aproach especially in bigger scope games. Then again its not like I havent played games like that before, like the Elder Scrolls ones, those dont really have ! marks over npcs or anything. Dunno, I'm always "afraid" I'll miss something when games do this.

anyway, Shadows Awakening is doing a lot of neat things, like... a lot. It's actually not a diablo-style game at all like you might think from looking at it, its much more of a traditional action rpg.

Deques

Oct 26, 2017
Is Humble planning to get more keys for Glass Masquerade? It has been some days now and there are still no keys available

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
thoughts on not marking NPCs that have quests in rpgs? the old "you gotta talk to everybody" aproach.

Playing Shadows Awakening (which seems shockingly good, well maybe not shocking since the word of mouth was good but still) and I'm finding a lot of sidequests from talking to people that I would otherwise ignore usuall, they have no marker on them like a mmo would for example, and the only way you can even tell you can talk to someone is because when you mouse over them they have a blue highlight around them (thats actually nice) so now im paranoid and mousing over every npc I see and talking to everybody. Granted so far it doesnt seem like a problem because the hubs are small enough, but it reminded me how I never really liked that aproach especially in bigger scope games. Then again its not like I havent played games like that before, like the Elder Scrolls ones, those dont really have ! marks over npcs or anything. Dunno, I'm always "afraid" I'll miss something when games do this.

anyway, Shadows Awakening is doing a lot of neat things, like... a lot. It's actually not a diablo-style game at all like you might think from looking at it, its much more of a traditional action rpg.

Depends on the structure of the game. Older RPG's, especially JRPG's have like 2 dozens NPC's per town. I think you don't need to have "!" for an NPC if you want the player to interact with the town.

But i wouldn't want to play Novigrad in the Witcher 3 without knowing who i need to talk to for important stuff.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017

Trails in the Sky didn't mark "quest" NPCs, and I feel that just makes it feel more natural (though they are often triggered by just walking into an area and seeing a scene of some kind, so the game gives you a big hint who you might wanna talk to)

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
You meant Microsoft's divine gift to filthy plebs aka uwp gaming.
Eh. Issues like these are hardly unique to UWP games. And apart from that, it appears to be a pretty great port with plenty of options to fine-tune the game, a detailed in game benchmark and all.

Is Humble planning to get more keys for Glass Masquerade? It has been some days now and there are still no keys available
It usually says 'while supplies last' or something, so I wouldn't expect them to.

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They are old games. They are somewhat new to the west in that they never released over here in their SNES days.
Ok ok, I never played those so are both new to me (I still need to take 2, but as I told I have too many jrpgs to complete at the moment).

What the fuck is this shit? What's even the point?

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Depends on the structure of the game. Older RPG's, especially JRPG's have like 2 dozens NPC's per town. I think you don't need to have "!" for an NPC if you want the player to interact with the town.

But i wouldn't want to play Novigrad in the Witcher 3 without knowing who i need to talk to for important stuff.
Yeah, it's a design decision which has to work with the overall game.

That said, this is probably one of the reasons I generally prefer the "detailed, but smaller/fewer areas" approach to RPG design.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
I think all AI's and algorythms, should be more like Glados tbh. Google Glados, Amazon Glados, Facebook Glados.

Life would be a lot more exiting.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
That's great news on the moderation front. Steam discussions are a cesspool that I only visit for solutions to game issues atm.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever

Some people were worried about the lack of mouth movement in Resonance of Fate trailer, you can see here in the game they do actually move their mouths when speaking.

You can also notice the smoother and more stable FPS, higher too! (60 I think.) UI seems more crisp as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.