CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
The thread about fallout 76 not being on Steam made me curious about how many launchers most of us already have installed on our systems. Does it bother you having so many? Which get the most use and do you prefer any of them to Steam?

Mine.

Multigame launchers:
Steam
Origin
UPlay
Epic Launcher
Bethesda.net launcher(Damn you fallout)
Twitch(Not sure if I would count it since it's just used to install games and not launch them.

Single Game Launchers:
Dauntless Launcher
MTG Arena

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Steam
Origin
Uplay
Twitch
GOG Galaxy
Epic Launcher
Battle.Net

Jersa

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA (USA)
Actively, I think I just keep Steam, Uplay, and Origin around.

Epic and BattleNet make occasional appearances.

It used to bother me not having everything on Steam, but I don't really care anymore and feel launcher agnostic. Making a desktop icon for a game is simple enough, and I'm fortunate to have fast internet so platform updates and patches aren't really an issue. Though, I could see how that could be problematic for others.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
  • Steam
  • Origin
  • UPlay
  • Twitch
  • GOG Galaxy
  • Launchbox
For the most part, everything is minimized and I use Launchbox.

MattWilsonCSS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For me it's just Steam and GOG. Of course there's also DRM-Free games outside of GOG, like Humble Monthly Trove or itch.io, but those aren't specific to a platform and can just be launched from Windows Explorer.

I'd rather have no client than a billion proprietary ones. But I do have over 1000 games on Steam too. Nowhere near that number on GOG but a decent amount. Non-client games are in the dozens for me.. but eventually I'll dip back into older PC gaming, the old indie freeware scene, Archive.org's MS-DOS collection, etc.

For me to use a new client they have to earn my trust first. I'm not going to just launch one sight unseen. Will my payment info be safe from a data breach, for example. Will MP be safe from hackers/cheaters. What will the customer service be like. Will the storefront deals be any good? Do they actually want to win my trust as a consumer or do they only care about not having to give Valve a cut?

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
Steam
GOG
Uplay
Origin
Epic Games Launcher
Battlenet
Twitch
Windows 10 Store? lol

I would love to have everything on steam but if its a game im interested in or theres a better discount I will put up with any launcher. steam makes it easy to add most of these games to its client anyways.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Steam
Origin
UPlay
Battle.net
Twitch
Epic
Bethesda
GOG
Dauntless

For the most part, I would like Steam for everything and a few of these are only installed because they had free game offers (Twitch, GOG, UPlay).

I just signed up for a year Origin Access Premier, which seems like a pretty good deal as someone that will play a shitload of Madden and BFV over the next 12 months and then probably never touch again.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
I use Steam and GOG Galaxy.

I also have Epic Launcher and Battle.net if I was in mood for Unreal Tournament and Starcraft respectively - but truth be told, I haven't touched either in months at least.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I only have 2 installed (Steam and Uplay).

But I also own games for Origin and Battle.net.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Steam
Uplay

That's it currently. Used to have Origin, GoG, and Battle.net installed but I no longer have any games installed for those launchers.

Does Twitch count? I have that app installed too but I didn't install it for the games.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
3 of them at the moment only. I'm mostly a console guy, but I've still got plenty of games on Steam.

Steam
Overwatch
Guild Wars 2

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
Steam, Origin, GOG Galaxy, Uplay, Battle.net. Though, I'm trying to play and beat what few games I have on Origin and Battlenet so I can get rid of those (at least until I decide to replay those games).

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Just two.

Steam and Battle.net. Atm I'm using Battle.net just for Hearthstone. So most of my time is on Steam.

I did have an Origin. However, some Russian hacked my account and EA wasn't very helpful trying to get it back, so I just said fuck it. All I used it for was Battlefield and Battlefront anyways.

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
Steam and Uplay. The only game I have on Uplay is Siege and it's pretty dumb that I open it from Steam and then have Uplay launch before the game itself finally launches.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Steam
Origin
Uplay
GOG Galaxy
Epic Launcher
Battle.Net
League of Legends Launcher
Bethesda.net Launcher

Oct 25, 2017
Steam, Oculus, and Battle.net which I only use for Overwatch.

League of Legends? We're talking about platforms right? Not just a single game launcher?

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
some thing called "The Steam"
uplay
Origin
Battlenet
GOG
twitch, if it counts

so 6... Origin is the only one that's caused me grief as it seems to be doing stuff in the background constantly. i've come around to actually liking uplay, pretty non intrusive and i got some cool stuff of those uplay coins or whatever they're called

sanhora

Oct 25, 2017
Just Steam. The last time I used Origin was around BF3's launch and Battle.net for Hearthstone's beta. I guess it's a good thing that most western AAA games don't appeal to me.
Virtually all the good indie and Japanese games come to Steam eventually.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Steam
Origin
Uplay
Battle.net
Windows Store
Oculus
GOG Galaxy
Epic Launcher

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
xSE6JgY.png

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just steam and Gog. I've currently got no ubi/ea games installed( nor fotnite). I think that's enough for me.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
The only ones I seriously use are Steam, GoG, Oculus and Battle.net. I also have Uplay and Origin, which I hardly ever use. Also, I bought 2 games from the Windows store ( lol ).

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Steam and Battle.net.

B.net gets plenty of use for Overwatch.

Basically this, yeah

Also, it cannot be stressed enough that Destiny 2 PC feels like what Destiny should be i.e. not the worst-looking 30fps I've seen outside of Bloodborne. It being in the same launcher I always have open for Overwatch is a plus.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Steam
Origin
GOG Galaxy
Uplay

No individual game launchers - I always choose not to make shortcuts and instead launch games from their platforms themselves.