demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Steam, and, epic, battle.net. I'm not looking for more. I have not played an ea game since they left steam besides games they have on steam. A friend will probably want me to get fallout 76 so I will sadly probably have to get it.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Steam
Uplay

I just uninstalled Battle.net since I've stopped playing Overwatch and that was my only reason to have it.

I should do the same with Origin. It's there gathering dust.

The W10 Store I uninstalled it since it didn't work on my PC, tons and tons of issues.

Jacobson

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
xW8zzos.jpg

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Steam
Uplay

I just uninstalled Battle.net since I've stopped playing Overwatch and that was my only reason to have it.

I should do the same with Origin. It's there gathering dust.

The W10 Store I uninstalled it since it didn't work on my PC, tons and tons of issues.

Is it easy to uninstall that? I assumed any pieces of Microsoft software were "off limits."

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
Steam, Uplay, GOG. I never open them 24/7 anyway, doesn't bother me.

Like, I click on Civ 6 icon on my desktop to launch my game, not from Steam app

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Steam, Origin, Twitch, Gog Galaxy and while it's not really a launcher, I guess, I have ScummVM to play the old Leisure Suit Larry games I have from Gog. I had Epic launcher for a bit to play the Unreal Tournament beta, or alpha, or... whatever it was and I had Bethesda's launcher installed for a while to play Fallout Shelter, but now I just play the Windows 10 version.

I'll install Battle Net if I want to play WoW, Diablo 3 on PC, or StarCraft 2, but it's been a while.

I don't mind having more than one launcher installed. I actually like not having to rely solely on Steam for everything.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
More than I thought considering I use Steam 99.9% of the time.

Steam
Origin
GOG
Epic Games Launcher
GTA V

I've used Uplay before but I haven't installed it in like two years. I have some Twitch games but I've never installed whatever client they use. And I've never used any of the others.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Steam
GoG
Uplay
Battle.net
Epic Games Launcher

Uninstalled Origin. It's a terrible client that has been getting even shittier with time and EA has a terrible library with no games I give a shit about. I just downloaded a DRM-free .exe for The Saboteur which is the one game I actually play.

Mozendo

Oct 25, 2017
Pacific North West
I use whatever.
Complaining that a game isn't a steam-release online is incredibly limiting and really silly IMO

Steam
Uplay
Origin
Battle.net
Twitch
GOG Glaxy

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
8 or 9. Maybe it's just because I grew up playing games before Steam on PC. That I just had desktop icons and mods we're just a folder affair that it doesn't really bother me.

Sojiro

Jun 24, 2018
Steam, Battlenet, and Epic. Used to have Origin , but I stopped playing battlefield and got rid of it. I already feel that three is too many, not really a fan of every damn company needing to have their own game launchers, but it is what it is

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
In the order that I use them most:
  • Steam
  • Battlenet
  • Uplay
  • GOG
  • Origin

No individual game launchers, and there hasn't really been any installed for a long period of time since I used to play MMOs years ago. I had the R* launcher for GTAV for a while, along with the Epic launcher for Paragon 2 years ago. And yeah Discord if you want to count it, with it being almost always running but not used to launch games.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Steam
Battle.Net
Epic
Oculus

FFXIV

I don't care in slightest, I uninstall launchers if I feel like I'll never use it again and treat them as games if I have to use them for single game.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Steam
Origin
uPlay
GOG Galaxy
Battle.net
Epic Launcher

Steam is running at all times in the background. The rest I just open them specifically to play or download something and close them as soon as I'm done.

timmbp

Oct 25, 2017
Steam (obvious reasons)
Itch (lots of games found nowhere else)
Uplay (collected a bunch of free games)
Twitch (Prime loot)

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Origin
Battlenet
Uplay

I don't have any right now. But single game launchers dont really bother me.
don't want anymore normal launchers though. They get annoying doing stuff in the background or telling me friends are online , even though I thought I completely closed them.

GroovySnake

Jun 10, 2018
USA
Steam
Origin
GOG Galaxy
Epic Launcher
Battle.net

Some of the games from the launchers have rocket launchers as well, like Quake Champions for example.

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Steam

Battle.net Launcher: (Still bugs me this exists, there wasn't a need for it, it's buggy and can be a resource hog compared to Steam)

Uplay: (Only issue I had was with Driver San Francisco years ago where I couldn't play it because of their Uplay servers were overloaded and the game would stutter)

I tolerate Uplay because Ubisoft still sell their games on Steam, completely useless client though. I don't use any of its features, besides the stupid point rewards in games.

Avoiding any other clients like the plague, completely unnecessary.

I do have stuff like Warframe and Elder Scrolls online as well, not sure I'd put in the same launcher category as the above though, both through Steam.

Rathorial

Oct 28, 2017
  • Steam
  • uPlay
  • Origin
  • Battle.net
  • GoG Galaxy
  • Epic Launcher (mainly for the engine)
  • Twitch (just for the free games)

AngelSkye

Jul 25, 2018
Steam
Battle.net (for Overwatch)
Origin
Uplay (installed with Far Cry 5, though I always launch it from Steam)
Twitch

I suppose it hasnt bothered me too much since I don't set any of these to auto-start with my PC.

Shadowplay

Oct 27, 2017
Steam
GoG
Battle.net
Origin
Uplay
Epic( but not used for games, im an environment artist and its easier to keep scenes organized with it)

Oct 30, 2017
steam, origin (exclusives), uplay (exclusives (mostly bought through steam, which is dumb but whatever)), GOG (exclusives), epic (fortnite), battle.net (destiny), microsoft store (xbox play anywhere).

steam obviously gets the most use but i don't feel any particular loyalty to it. the ship of having every game in a single list has long since sailed, not worth getting angry about.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
literally just Steam. I have no issues getting more, though, and will if Starfield and TES VI require Bethesda's.