• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
beyond-good-and-evil-2-still-in-development-ubisoft-cancels-platform-game-550x309.jpg

On Wednesday, January 11, Ubisoft held an investors call in which it confirmed that Skull and Bones would be delayed until "early 2023-24" and that three unannounced games have been cancelled, as the Rainbow Six Siege and Far Cry developer combats a difficult financial year for 2022. Speaking exclusively to PCGamesN, however, Ubisoft says that development of Beyond Good and Evil 2 is unaffected.

"Beyond Good and Evil 2's development is underway and the team is hard at work to deliver on its ambitious promise," says a Ubisoft spokesperson.

More at PCGAMESN: https://www.pcgamesn.com/beyond-good-and-evil-2/development-ubisoft-cancels

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Tales from my ass except it's from the actual company's ass

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Bravo OP, posting that pig as the first thing you see in the thread is good stuff.🤣

Now for the game, if it ever comes out its going to be very different from what they showed previously methinks.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Bravo OP, posting that pig as the first thing you see in the thread is good stuff.🤣

Now for the game, if it ever comes out its going to be very different from what they showed previously methinks.

It's been rebooted internally so many times that if ANY "BG&E2" comes out, it'll definitely be completely different from anything they've shown.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
I wonder if that sequel to Immortal's Fenyx Rising that had leaked concept art is one of the canceled games.

uxWEpXV.jpeg

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sad timeline for it. It should have been quietly mercy killed so many years ago, at the very least when Michel Ancel was no longer with the company.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'm beyond exhausted over the very idea of this game at this point. And even if I did still care Ubisoft is firmly in "don't believe his lies" territory with it by now anyway. Why are they still dragging its corpse around like this?

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
This website is good at SEO but quality of content is poor so I wouldn't really put any stock on this.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ubisoft can cancel every other game they develop if it means BG&E 2 actually happens.

Oct 31, 2017
"Bg&E2 is still coming" is not really comforting without any clue of what it will exactly be.
Everything so far seems to suggest that at this point it shares just a name with the first one.
Not to mention I still doubt the claim.

On an unrelated note, please Ubisoft, sell the Might & Magic IP. It's so clear you don't know what to do with it.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm amazed they are still persisting, the original was never a huge seller anyway was it?

I seriously doubt the sequel will be the million dollar seller they are expecting.

I think the tech itself looks interesting, but I'm convinced that's all it has at this stage.

Neutron

Jun 2, 2022
Is it still that bizarre sell from before where it's a user-built universe, but also the sequel to a tight, mostly-linear narrative-focused game?

Because that made no sense.

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
At this point, just cancel it. Its far from the sequel players want and what they were showing has been rebooted multiple times at this point. Ancel was outed as a shithead and left and to be honest, at that point I was surprised they didn't pull the plug then and there.

As much as I'd love for there to be a sequel (the original is one of my favourite games ever, love that soundtrack too), the way they're going about the sequel has been wrong from the re-announcement. Wish we'd have gotten that leaked demo showing Jade parkouring round a cityscape years ago.