grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah doesnt sound like anyone is super crazy about either haha. I will hold off, may double dip on superhot though, I beat on PSVR but there were tons of tracking issues.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's highly likely they'll be the same price during the Steam sale. If you're on the fence, might be worth just waiting so you can refund if unhappy.
GMG has the VIP discount on top of the sale price though which often makes it lower than the historical lows on Steam

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
SLZ5rFV.jpg

VR social MMORPG Township Tale is coming soon. In this game you be playing a villager with specialize skill, and you will take the role to help maintain the village with other users.

Things like going out to search for resources, or a blacksmith crafting items etc.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Do any of you have any good solutions for keeping the headset clean/dry? My son especially sweats up a storm in the headset. Passing the headset to someone else afterwards is kinda gross.

KiKaL

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone use the VR Cable management pulley systems? Looks like a cool idea but I am curious if it really helps or not. Kind of seems like an eye sore. However I did see one that uses magnets which looks like a good solution to at least take down the majority of it when you are done.

Obi

Oct 27, 2017
VR Cover sells replacement foam face pads. They come in a 2 pack, so you can have one just for your son's use and swap them out afterwards. As a bonus I found my Odyssey+ vrcover to be much more comfortable and to block more light. Check if they make a non-sweaty material for your cover. As an alternative they sell 50-100 pack temporary paper covers. I've never tried those though.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
VR Cover sells replacement foam face pads. They come in a 2 pack, so you can have one just for your son's use and swap them out afterwards. As a bonus I found my Odyssey+ vrcover to be much more comfortable and to block more light. Check if they make a non-sweaty material for your cover. As an alternative they sell 50-100 pack temporary paper covers. I've never tried those though.
Thanks! That's probably exactly what I need. I have a rift s so I hope their rift version works on it

Edit: saw that rift s options are coming soon, so I'll wait

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
so apparently that time of the month again. Got some discount codes from steam:

3mR1BDQ

Discounts valid until Sunday, and there doesn't seem to be any other sales going on for these games, so it seems to be from full price.

Can send the codes to anyone who wants, though there's no guarantee the games won't be cheaper come the steam summer sale.

Edit: seems there's issues with embedding pictures, at least I can't see the image myself, so it's the following:
50% off Superhot VR
65% off The Gallery Episode 2
75% off The Gallery Episode 1

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
Is Skyrim on PCVR a good VR experience? Or does it feel like a janky not built for VR experience (since obviously it's not built from the ground up with VR)?

Is it still only teleport movement?

How's navigating menu/interface in VR? combat?

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is Skyrim on PCVR a good VR experience? Or does it feel like a janky not built for VR experience (since obviously it's not built from the ground up with VR)?

It was never teleport only. Even the PSVR version launched with smooth locomotion on the move controllers.
Navigating the menus is the same as it was on the pancake version. They just ported over the menu so just imagine navigating that menu with an Oculus Touch or Vive wand and that's what you'll get.
Ranged/Mage combat is pretty fun but melee doesn't feel very satisfying since enemies don't really respond to your hits all that well.
Most Skyrim Special Edition mods also work with Skyrim VR(Including SKSE and SkyUI) so there's a ton of potential there if you're wanting to get mods. /r/skyrimvr is a very active community if you ever need help with mods or just want to talk about Skyrim VR.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017

easily the game I've spent most time in, in VR, it's a great port. Didn't feel like there was any extra jank by being in VR.

Oct 28, 2017
So I just got a rift s and completed setup and the introduction sequence with the robot. I'm taking a break at the moment and I have a question. My eyes are sore and I'm having weird depth issues like right now typing this where my fingers are look closer or further away than they actually are against my phone screen. Is this normal?

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
So I just got a rift s and completed setup and the introduction sequence with the robot. I'm taking a break at the moment and I have a question. My eyes are sore and I'm having weird depth issues like right now typing this where my fingers are look closer or further away than they actually are against my phone screen. Is this normal?

I get the depth thing from time to time after taking the headset off. My average play time though is around 3 hours.

Last edited:

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Not really, maybe IPD issue? not sure of IPD adjustment on the Rift S though.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017

Lol I'm new to VR too and every now and then I get that same sensation when using my iPad/iPhone after a long VR session (minus the sore eyes). My thumb/hand looks...off, or weird. Somehow.

For the sore eyes though, what's your measured IPD? You might be outside the Rift S IPD range window, which would prob cause eye strain as your eyes have trouble focusing on the fixed IPD screen. Or maybe you just need to adjust your eyes/brain to VR little by little.

Alo81

Oct 27, 2017

It is absolutely my favorite way to play, and I struggle conceptually with the idea of enjoying the next Elder Scrolls as much knowing I likely won't be able to play it in VR.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
See, this shit is why I want an Index. The level of physicality is head and shoulders above every other VR game.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Hey all just bought my first VR headset (oculus rift s).

I havent bought anything yet.... is it best practice to buy games from steam or oculus store?

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I havent bought anything yet.... is it best practice to buy games from steam or oculus store?

That depend.

Game on Oculus Store perform the best on Oculus Rift S as compared to the same version of the game on Steam. In addition if you are planning to buy any future Oculus product (Oculus Quest etc) you might benefit from crossbuy.

On the other hand buying on Steam allows you to play that game on any other VR headsets on PC, if you plan to switch to other headsets (eg Valve Index VR or HTC Vive) in the future. You also get to enjoy the rich store features of Steam.

Personally I'll buy games on Steam, and the Oculus exclusive games on Oculus store.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
On the other hand buying on Steam allows you to play that game on any other VR headsets on PC, if you plan to switch to other headsets (eg Valve Index VR or HTC Vive) in the future. You also get to enjoy the rich store features of Steam.
Could still do with ReVive, but not as simple a procedure I guess.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
That depend.

Game on Oculus Store perform the best on Oculus Rift S as compared to the same version of the game on Steam. In addition if you are planning to buy any future Oculus product (Oculus Quest etc) you might benefit from crossbuy.

Personally I'll buy games on Steam, and the Oculus exclusive games on Oculus store.
Own a Rift, I buy everything on Steam as I never have any problems with SteamVR.

Awesome thanks guys! Steam it is!

I noticed you can't freely walk around in VR home and a few other apps, but rather you have to teleport with the analog sticks.... are all VR games/apps like this? Why not just use the analog to move freely like in every other game?

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I noticed you can't freely walk around in VR home and a few other apps, but rather you have to teleport with the analog sticks.... are all VR games/apps like this? Why not just use the analog to move freely like in every other game?

No, it's up to the developer. Some developers only add teleporting, others add free locomotion (normal walking), sometimes you can choose between a range of options.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Could still do with ReVive, but not as simple a procedure I guess.

Yes, you can always install ReVive to get games from Oculus Store to play on non-Oculus headset but performance is not promised.

I'll suggest just go check in with the dev (twitter etc) and ask what movement system they use. There are various VR contents which uses free locomotion. There are also many which offer various movement options.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
So i bought superhot vr through GMG on steam, and even though the game is supposed native to oculus i get some serious judder in it :(

I wonder if I bought directly through oculus if performance would have been better.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I've seen a lot of Oculus users regret going Oculus Store only after the Rift S and Index were revealed. I'd go Steam whenever you can personally.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

ROGAN: The Thief in the Castle is coming to Steam next month. It looks good, and will be part of the E3 VR showcase later (I'll be making the OT for the UploadVR E3 VR)

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
FOCUS on YOU is originally announced as a PSVR exclusive, and now the Steam listing for the game has went live. The game's coming out to Steam but googling around seems no update for the PSVR version, so I guess the PSVR version has been canned.

Its a romance dating sim from what I can gather.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017

Garden of the Sea has hit Early Access. Looks cute, I haven't figured out what to do with all the crops I can harvest though. It's too warm to wear that visor right now, I wonder if future VR goggles will have some sort of ventilation for your face?

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
posted in the showcase thread, but could fit here as well:

surprised there aren't more ports being announced. Nothing from Bethesda, Fallout 3, NV, ES IV: Oblivion, lots of money on the table for them (or maybe F4 and Skyrim didn't really give a good enough return?)

Skyrim has been the game I've spent most time in VR (90 hours), so I'd love more of that. Can crank res up with these old games as well, making jaggies a non issue.