Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
D9Bq04kUEAAx9hI.png

Last edited:

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
In a reply to users on the game's discussion board, Bailey writes, "I've been operating under an NDA for a while, but will be able to make a full product announcement soon. In brief, the full expansion, ch3 and ch4 will ship within weeks. I remain the sole developer on the project, and again apologize for the lack of communication on progress."

What NDA Bailey might be under isn't entirely clear, but it seems likely that he's been developing the game for the Valve Index headset, especially considering his pedigree as a former Valve employee who worked on the Half-Life series.
Glad to see this game is still being worked on and excited to see how it's expanded. Especially if the rumor of Index support is true.

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled the trigger on an oculus rift s. I took advantage of green man gaming's and steam's sale to pickup:

Fallout 4 Vr
Skyrim vr
La noire vr case files
Doom vfr
Super hot vr
Batman
Star Trek bridge crew

I already gave elite dangerous too. I can't wait for my shipment to arrive on Wednesday! I just admitted to myself that I'll never justify $1000+ right now for the premium vr and that I'm happy to compromise with what seems to be super quality kit.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Aw man, I literally just started Borderlands 2 with the Reborn mod to finish up before 3.

Maybe this one will be able to be modded as well?

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
excellent news. Loved it at the launch of the Vive. Strange about the NDA since as he says himself, he's the only developer on the project, and he can't have put himself under NDA, right? :)

The only theory I've heard, that makes any sense, is maybe it's one of the showcase games that Valve is featuring for the journalists and their final Index review? Otherwise, yeah, it's a very puzzling statement.

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
If you have a roomscale set up, but have never tried Unseen Diplomacy because your space is too small, give this a shot:
void-room.itch.io

Tea For God by void room

vr roguelite using impossible spaces / euclidean orbifold

It doesn't hide the trick as well as Unseen Diplomacy does—likely in part because of the much lower play area requirements—but it still works surprisingly well. Clearly very early in development, but a good demo of the concept.

I realliy, really, really want more games that work like this.

Oct 25, 2017
It's alright, got a few issues many of which should be solved due to PC. How the guns work may take some getting use to for some as they use the mechanics from the original, which means holding down a button for improved accuracy and causes movement penalty and vital for many weapons.
Oh, weird.
It's fantastic now because it got Aim support, The game still needs it's MP added and DLC which should come soon enough hopefully.
They are adding and the DLC though? Do we know if we'll have to buy it?

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, weird.

They are adding and the DLC though? Do we know if we'll have to buy it?
DLC is coming in the Summer for PSVR. No word on if CoOp will but I doubt it. Maybe the PCVR will be different but who knows? I know they tweaked some of the perks on PSVR to accommodate for it being single player only. IIRC there's a perk that slows down time which wouldn't be possible in a MP setting

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
So I've having some shakiness on my left wmr controller. Only that one, I've changed the port of my bt dongle to be closer to me, I've changed batteries, but for now no change.
Does anyone know how to fix it, it's not gamebreaking at all, but it's annoying how it shakes.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up Pavlov VR and same with my buddy who just got his Rift setup.

Probably the best $10 I've ever spent on VR. This game is so good and the Steam Workshop support is fantastic. We were playing 1v1 on plenty of old Halo CE, 2, and 3 maps. Walking around Guardian and The Pit in VR is such a strange but amazing feeling after the hundreds or thousands of hours I've spent there over the years.

My friend just built his first gaming PC without intending to even go VR. He is using an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with a AMD RX 570. All together the PC was under $500 CAD and he got the original Rift off Kijiji for $250 including a 3rd sensor, and a VRCover!

Turns out that machine runs most VR games just fine! I was astounded. The video card was like $120!

datamage

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone happen to know if Summer Funland on Steam has native support for Oculus?

Or is it SteamVR only?

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Those that have a quick on the draw Index preorder should check their shipping status. They've been shifting from "preordered" to "shipping soon".

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
New trailer for Cradle of Sins which is a first person VR MOBA. Not sure if this is the one to pull it off, but this is a concept I've been waiting for someone to really try in this way.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still unclear if this is going be their new flagship HMD? The site says "premium" so I assume it is? If so then I expect higher res. than Pro/Pro Eye + Eye Tracking + maybe higher refresh? I will absolutely upgrade my Pro if that happens.

I think we only know its targeted for consumers , but no idea if its for mainstream or enthusiasts. My gut feeling suggest its for budget mainstream similar to Rift S.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I think we only know its targeted for consumers , but no idea if its for mainstream or enthusiasts. My gut feeling suggest its for budget mainstream similar to Rift S.

If that's the case I'm going to be disappointed because it means the Pro Eye is still the best version but same res. as my Pro and HMD-only purchase isn't even available. I'm not dealing with having to sell everything and paying 1600 for eye tracking.

KiKaL

Oct 26, 2017
I have been wondering this. The Valve Index Controllers look pretty amazing but how much do you think it will impact the games coming out? If a developer makes their game rely on them, they then shrink their market pretty heavily. So I imagine most will try and implement them, but make them not required which then makes the implementation more fluff than anything. That's not necessarily a bad thing. A beefy video card could be argued the same way. You can play the same games, but playing at 4k vs HD does enhance the experience.

I am just really curious how the Index Controllers will impact the landscape. I almost feel like their impact wont be seen until Oculus releases something similar (if that ever happens).

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have been wondering this. The Valve Index Controllers look pretty amazing but how much do you think it will impact the games coming out? If a developer makes their game rely on them, they then shrink their market pretty heavily. So I imagine most will try and implement them, but make them not required which then makes the implementation more fluff than anything. That's not necessarily a bad thing. A beefy video card could be argued the same way. You can play the same games, but playing at 4k vs HD does enhance the experience.

I am just really curious how the Index Controllers will impact the landscape. I almost feel like their impact wont be seen until Oculus releases something similar (if that ever happens).
At least to start it will definitely be that way with a few developers playing around with it more fully. Like stress level zero. That being said the comfort/QoL bonus will be so huge I don't even care. Just going from Oculus to Vive was such a huge downgrade in terms of controller. That I'm psyched.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017

I think they will be implemented in most games going forward, most of the big ongoing steamvr games have already started updating, Arizona,onward,h3vr,etc updated before they even came to consumers. They have similarities with touch controllers , just more finger control. If anything index will just provide flexibility of more finger control even if it doesn't matter in context of picking something up vs say touch controllers. A lot of reviewers liked that even though it changes nothing except feeling more natural seeing all the fingera move.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017

It will probably be just another option on top of what we already have. I imagine they'll be widely supported, but very few games will actually rely on it's exclusive features. I do think we'll eventually see a decent amount of games that will be enhanced by those features though. Like in a "best way to play" way.

That said, I do think it will overall impact games in that we'll see more use of thumb/index/middle finger tracking outside of Oculus exclusives and might see a decent amount of games that do rely on that as a core feature. The Touch controllers probably have a significantly larger market than the Vive wands when you take Quest in to account so if adoption of the Index controllers is decent, it might be worth it with that in mind.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
The latest SteamVR API's make it really easy to implement finger tracking. I would expect this to be standard for all games released going forward. I wouldn't expect any of this to have actual impacts on gameplay/design, but it'll be nice immersion boosters for games with hands.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Last Labyrinth VR has been delayed from Summer to Fall 2019.
June 19, 2019, Tokyo – The LL Project Production Committee (Amata K.K., VAP Inc.) has announced that the release date for VR title Last Labyrinth has been delayed to Fall 2019, while the TV commercial for said title and list of compatible VR hardware have both been added to the official homepage.

Release Date Delayed

Previously announced to be available in Summer 2019, the estimated release date has been pushed further back in order to polish game quality. The VR title will be available for purchase in Fall 2019, with an exact date to be revealed in the near future.

Official Homepage Renewed, TV Commercial and List of Supported VR Hardware Added

The recently revealed TV commercial for Last Labyrinth, previously viewable only in Japan, is now available online.

https://youtu.be/P7UFvbg6PpY

Furthermore, a list of VR hardware currently supported by Last Labyrinth, along with their respective distributing stores, has been added to the official homepage.

An escape-the-room adventure game that can only be experienced in VR, Last Labyrinth was created specifically for the VR age. Players must work to escape a mansion full of hidden dangers with a mysterious girl that appears before them.

The full version will receive a multi-platform, worldwide release (download only) in Fall of 2019.

Development of Last Labyrinth is being spearheaded by Hiromichi Takahashi, director and producer of the acclaimed Doko Demo Issyo (PlayStation® 1999) series and co-creator of Toro (the Sony Cat). Working alongside Mr. Takahashi is a diverse team, many of whom are industry veterans with resumes featuring titles that are household names around the world.

Stefanie Joosten, the voice and likeness of Quiet from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (2015) and international model, actress, voice-actress and singer, will be the voice of Katia, the mysterious girl that players work together with.

The Last Labyrinth theme song is composed by renowned video game music composer Hiroki Kikuta, whose works include the music of Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, Sōkaigi and other titles. The theme song is also sung by Stefanie Joosten.

They also made their Japanese commercial available for viewing worldwide.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Penn & Teller VR coming next week.

FRISCO, Texas - June 19, 2019 - Gearbox Publishing and Gearbox Software unveiled Penn and Teller VR: Frankly Unfair, Unkind, Unnecessary & Underhanded (Penn & Teller VR: F U, U, U, & U), a comedic social VR experience. Perform over a dozen magic tricks, pranks and simulations that will fool your friends, featuring timeless magicians including Houdini, Cardini, and Penn Jillette himself. The virtual torturous toy box will be available for $19.99 on June 27, 2019 for Oculus Quest, Oculus Rift and HTC VIVE, and on July 9, 2019 for PlayStation® VR.

Watch the reveal trailer here: https://www.gearboxsoftware.com/pnt/

"When a new mind-blowing technology comes out, the first thing Teller and I think is, 'How can we use this to help people play tricks, cheat, and prank'," said Penn Jillette, the larger and louder half of Penn & Teller. "Luckily for us, (and maybe less luckily for the world), Randy Pitchford, the big cheese at Gearbox, is our buddy, and worked as a professional magician. We are the same soulless motherhubbards. So, we've found a way for people to use VR as a tool to monkey with their so-called 'friends.' It's what we do, and we've done it."

Penn & Teller VR: F U, U, U, & U isn't just a bunch of silly magic tricks and pranks (yes, it is), but a guide from your virtual friends, Penn & Teller, to help humiliate your real friends. Demonstrate the healing powers of immersion therapy, test your telekinetic powers, or even guide your soon-to-be-ex friends as they perform The Most Dangerous Act in Showbiz! After learning the secrets behind each trick and prank, you'll have the tools to fool just about anyone and might even leave them with actual egg on their face.

"In our collaboration, we became animated by advances in the transformative medium of virtual reality and are now excited for fans of magic, pranks, tricks, video games, and VR to be able to experience an entirely new kind of interactive experience," said Randy Pitchford, President, CEO and Co-founder of Gearbox Software. "With Penn & Teller VR: F U, U, U, & U, you'll have the tools and technology to feel what it's like to *be* magicians like Penn & Teller."

Visit the official website for more information.

Additional assets are available within the press kit.

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
I set up my rift s tonight and had an absolute blast with it. My fiancé actually enjoyed it too and she's pretty new to games in general. The touch controllers are so intuitive and do such a great job at emulating hands.

Super hot is unlike anything I've ever played before. That moment when you realize you can duck...or when the bullet is coming right for your skull!

One thing I noticed was that white text on backgrounds sometimes leaves streaks behind. This is especially apparent if It's not in my immediate line of sight and somewhat distant. It's sort of like 3d cross talk if I had to compare it to something. I've only noticed this in menus and is forgettable during gameplay. Is this normal?

I'll have to figure out how to easily switch from room scale to desk chair because it's nice to have the keyboard at arms length from time to time.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
One thing I noticed was that white text on backgrounds sometimes leaves streaks behind. This is especially apparent if It's not in my immediate line of sight and somewhat distant. It's sort of like 3d cross talk if I had to compare it to something. I've only noticed this in menus and is forgettable during gameplay. Is this normal?
Yeah, apparently a side effect of them using fresnel lenses. It sucks, always makes me think my glasses are dirty even though I'm not wearing them.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

ROGAN: The Thief in the Castle is up for pre-purchase right now. They are also throwing in a 33% discount and the following incentives for pre-purchase

✔ HARD MODE OPEN + Golden Glove hands
- A bit more cuningness makes a lot of changes into your play! Get this Hard-Mode open immediately and enjoy the roaming at Black Stone.
- A secret totem will turn your glove gold. Feel the fanciness, become a rich thief.
✔ Original Sound Track
- Wonderful melodies that reminds you the medieval air around ROGAN.
✔4K Wallpaper
- Capturing amazing scenery and characters, get the wallpaper and feel the vibe around your monitor