• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
D9fhk04UIAEFnVI.jpg

Oculus Connect 6 date revealed

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
I've been unable to play this on Revive :( Getting the "You have a pending hardware issue" message that I haven't seen since The Climb.
I hope Occulus isn't blocking crap again. Hopefully Revive gets updated, I want to play this and Stormlands when it comes out.

Saw this on revive page, you could try it and see if it helps
"
Newly installed games will give you an Entitlement check failed or Oculus Rift not found error until you reboot the Oculus service.
The quickest way to do that is through Oculus Home by going to Settings > Beta > Restart Oculus. If it still fails, try rebooting your computer.

"

Last edited:

GangWarily

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Occulus isn't blocking crap again. Hopefully Revive gets updated, I want to play this and Stormlands when it comes out.

Saw this on revive page, you could try it and see if it helps
"
Newly installed games will give you an Entitlement check failed or Oculus Rift not found error until you reboot the Oculus service.
The quickest way to do that is through Oculus Home by going to Settings > Beta > Restart Oculus. If it still fails, try rebooting your computer.

"
I'll try this when I'm home!

EDIT: No dice. Same issue :/

Last edited:

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I've been looking forward to Respawn's VR game more than anything in the VR world since the actual initial wave of consumer hardware. Part of me hopes it has multiplayer, but I'll understand if it doesn't. Honestly, I think its going to come out on the Quest as well...which could be why we haven't heard anything about it in so long. I could go either way with that prediction though; the deal was made fairly early and while it could have changed since then, the original vision was likely to take full advantage of PCVR. The Quest is just so power limited in comparison.

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
I love my Rift S! Second night with it. I figured I'd stay up a bit later to try it more. Aside from the blurry text at a distance and streaky white font on dark backgrounds, I don't have a single complaint so far.

That moment when you take off the headset and you're in a different part of the room than you expected to be....

I focused on Skyrim VR tonight and it made me smile many, many times. Last night I played Batman and Superhot VR. That moment in Superhot when you realize you can actually duck behind the desk and shoot over............simply incredible! A feeling unlike any other I've had in gaming that I can remember. Also, getting shot and punched still freaks me out! Shooting in VR feels sooo good. Even though it is familiar to a shooting gallery, it just can feel so good!

My partner had a blast too, who isn't exactly a "gamer." I think that speaks volumes to the intuitive controls and design. She was blown away and jumping up and down just playing the Oculus tutorial app with the robot in the trailer! I am so much more excited for this medium now. Cannot wait for the steam sale! I'm a little tempted to just buy from the Oculus store now for ease of use but it's really not that bad to launch apps from within.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
So I watched the HTC Cosmos announcment......wow haha. It was the headset on a spinning shelf for 10 minutes. They put the headset in the up position and removed the mask, and that was it.

Kompis

Oct 27, 2017
I was a bit dissapointed it had a Rift S style headstrap. Was hoping for a psvr style halo design without the headstrap on top.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
HTC acting like they're the biggest player in town and like they're doing us a favor by gracing us with their presence. In reality they're yesterdays news and nobody in the consumer space likes or cares about them anymore.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
I love my Rift S! Second night with it. I figured I'd stay up a bit later to try it more. Aside from the blurry text at a distance and streaky white font on dark backgrounds, I don't have a single complaint so far.

That moment when you take off the headset and you're in a different part of the room than you expected to be....

I focused on Skyrim VR tonight and it made me smile many, many times. Last night I played Batman and Superhot VR. That moment in Superhot when you realize you can actually duck behind the desk and shoot over............simply incredible! A feeling unlike any other I've had in gaming that I can remember. Also, getting shot and punched still freaks me out! Shooting in VR feels sooo good. Even though it is familiar to a shooting gallery, it just can feel so good!

My partner had a blast too, who isn't exactly a "gamer." I think that speaks volumes to the intuitive controls and design. She was blown away and jumping up and down just playing the Oculus tutorial app with the robot in the trailer! I am so much more excited for this medium now. Cannot wait for the steam sale! I'm a little tempted to just buy from the Oculus store now for ease of use but it's really not that bad to launch apps from within.

I really think Superhot is the single best inplementation of VR we have right now. I've played through the campaign at least three times, it's just so well done.

They worked within the limitations of the medium instead of trying to do too much, and that makes the experience super accessible.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, is anyone really going to buy a cosmos over the index or any of the oculus offerings? It's probably going to be way overpriced for what it is.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
July 11th? Already? Holy shit. Im so in.

20$? I expected 60$. That's cool. But that makes me wonder about the length and the production quality.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I mean, is anyone really going to buy a cosmos over the index or any of the oculus offerings? It's probably going to be way overpriced for what it is.

You're probably right that it will be overpriced, but if it also has the potential to be semi-wireless (linked to your phone) AND a PC headset, it will be the first of its kind as far as I know. I don't know how the smartphone aspect would work, although it would surely have to adhere to minimum specs. It seems like it could have the potential to be lighter and have more graphical capabilities than the Quest in its mobile form, and it could also have the potential to have its own apps that take advantage of that phone to HMD connection. It seems like a variance in smartphones could bring up all sorts of weird requirements for developers and consumers, though.

It seems they also added two more cameras (high and low) so it could be more inline with Rift S tracking. If tracking really is that good and the HMD specs are somehow better than the Quest, I could see myself being interested. It would be a sort of Rift S/Quest hybrid...and if that is the case, I think even if the price is around 600 it may be worth it depending on how they handle the mobile ecosystem. If it offers all that I mentioned though including better specs, I could imagine it being significantly more, like 800 or so.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
July 11th? Already? Holy shit. Im so in.

20$? I expected 60$. That's cool. But that makes me wonder about the length and the production quality.
Yeah they've only showed two levels so far, I hope it's because they're keeping the rest of the game a secret but it makes me think it just isn't that long. I'll buy it day one still, I've just finished Blood & Truth and it'll be cool to play something similar but with better tracking.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished Virtual Virtual Reality.
Man there were some mind-bending moments. And the ending, god damn.
Are there some similar games around? Will try to wait for the sale lol
For now I've played Accounting+ and Job Simulator, and I have Virtual Rick-ality already but haven't played it.

VirtualCloud

Aug 3, 2018
Just finished Virtual Virtual Reality.
Man there were some mind-bending moments. And the ending, god damn.
Are there some similar games around? Will try to wait for the sale lol
For now I've played Accounting+ and Job Simulator, and I have Virtual Rick-ality already but haven't played it.

just passed that game the other day and i gotta say its such a fantastic experience that deserves some more attention for sure

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Is 'I expect you to die' a shortish game? Wondering whether to buy for £10 in the steam sale (bundle with water bears which I already have), or £19 on quest. If I buy on PC I'd be streaming to quest

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Cosmos looks like it's shaping up to be pretty good, probably won't be under $800 though.

Just a heads up, No Man's Sky is on sale for $30. As far as I know, the big VR and multiplayer update are coming out sometime this summer. I was never too interested in the game until now, definitely picked it up for VR and online.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of getting this
unknown.png

Anything I should add? I'm actually not entirely sure on Arizona Sunshine. I beat it on Oculus Rift but would like to have it on Steam since I'll have an Index soon but I'm not sure if its worth it.

Enordash

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
Anything I should add? I'm actually not entirely sure on Arizona Sunshine. I beat it on Oculus Rift but would like to have it on Steam since I'll have an Index soon but I'm not sure if its worth it.

I actually re-bought Arizona Sunshine in that same situation. It should be worth another go with Index controller support and updated locomotion options.

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
Anyone have any impressions of good Steam sale games? I'm looking at In Death and Dungeon Knight specifically, but I'd love to hear other favorites!

Enordash

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
Anyone have any impressions of good Steam sale games? I'm looking at In Death and Dungeon Knight specifically, but I'd love to hear other favorites!

Arizona Sunshine is great especially if you have someone to play through it with. It's still one of my favorite VR games, albeit a little short. Superhot VR is a no-brainer if you haven't played it yet. If you can stomach it, Sairento VR is a lot of fun and includes both gun and melee combat. Like all games with melee, be sure to have enough room to swing your arms around. I broke a Vive controller not too long ago playing Gorn.

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
Cosmos looks like it's shaping up to be pretty good, probably won't be under $800 though.

Just a heads up, No Man's Sky is on sale for $30. As far as I know, the big VR and multiplayer update are coming out sometime this summer. I was never too interested in the game until now, definitely picked it up for VR and online.
currently trying to decide between the cosmos and rift s. Probably gonna wait for the reviews of cosmos to come out to make my final decision.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Can I get some impressions on the following:

- Star trek bridge crew - £10 (and £6 for the TNG DLC). Would be unlikely to play multiplayer so does it work ok single player?
- Talos Principle - £5. But I've finished the flat version ages ago - is it worth revisiting in VR?

Enordash

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
Can I get some impressions on the following:

- Star trek bridge crew - £10 (and £6 for the TNG DLC). Would be unlikely to play multiplayer so does it work ok single player?
- Talos Principle - £5. But I've finished the flat version ages ago - is it worth revisiting in VR?

I didn't personally like Talos all that much in VR. It was highly recommended though so maybe I'm an outlier on that one.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Went to a UI/UX AR/VR meetup tonight, literally just got home to grab the index controllers which arrived today. So a bunch of us got to try out the index controllers I brought as well as Cyan World, developer of the firmament who brought theirs and lets us futz around in their new game. It went so quick. I just love talking to people about this kind of tech and being in that kind of environment.