Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Published on Sep 23, 2019
Pistol Whip is an unstoppable action-rhythm FPS inspired by John Wick and Equilibrium. Journey through a cinematic bullet hell powered by a breakneck soundtrack to become the ultimate action hero legend.

Coming November 7th to Oculus Quest and PC VR.
Wishlist on Steam: http://bit.ly/pwvr-steam
Wishlist on Oculus Rift: https://ocul.us/2mneZJh
Wishlist on Oculus Quest: https://ocul.us/2kROxHk
Wishlist on Viveport: http://bit.ly/pwvr-viveport

//Music Featured:
HVDES - R U Afraid

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
EFOvrxuXkAApAQW

Eye tracking accessories announced for Vive Cosmos and Vive Focus Plus

iHeartGameDev

Feb 22, 2019
I've been playing an early version of Audio Trip for a week and can say right now you probably want to keep an eye on it. Really fun note patterns that keep you incredibly active. 20 - 30 minutes per play session has me sweating like mad, having a blast the whole time.

For games like Beat Saber and Audio Trip that get the blood flowing and the sweat going, what do people do to keep their devices clean? I've started sweating a couple of times while playing for long sessions and I want to keep everything sanitary.

Dec 23, 2017
A VR MMO on a budget of $240k is a big 'hmmmm', imo. The developer appears to be self funded/publishing. While the team has game industry vets, they're too small for a project like this. Nostos comparatively has the backing of NetEase, a much larger company.

Yeah, I'm still a little skeptical, but I did hear they got investors on board so I went ahead and backed the project. For this one, I didn't back very much though, not like other kickstarters I've backed. I'm gonna be a little cautious with this one.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
For games like Beat Saber and Audio Trip that get the blood flowing and the sweat going, what do people do to keep their devices clean? I've started sweating a couple of times while playing for long sessions and I want to keep everything sanitary.

I really wish I had an answer for you. "Put up with it" is the best I got, and that's not particularly great.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States

It's never been an issue for me but I've seen faceplates for sale for the Rift that are removable.

Basically the whole area that sits around your face comes off allowing you to wash it.

I'd imagine sweatbands could work too.

More importantly, I use an air conditioner in my VR room and even in the winter I'll have a couple of fans going to keep me cool.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
EFOvrxuXkAApAQW

Eye tracking accessories announced for Vive Cosmos and Vive Focus Plus
A $150 eye tracking add on is pretty sick, not gonna lie. Weird how you can buy it as an add on for the Cosmos, but the OG Vive and OG Vive Pro get left out because "get the Pro Eye!"

The Lighthouse Faceplate Kit, the updated 21w Wireless adapter kit, and this eye tracking kit - this fabled Frankenstein's Monster Cosmos setup might match the Price of a stock Pro eye, passing the Index in expense handily. Options are always welcome, of course.
I ordered the updated Vive n Chill (called the VR n Chill now). I could post some impressions after spending some time with it. Noise level and vibrations on my ears will be my focus though.

You're probably gonna sweat no matter what. I bought 2 packs of HTC foams for my Vive, you should probably just think about doing something like that.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
I've been playing an early version of Audio Trip for a week and can say right now you probably want to keep an eye on it. Really fun note patterns that keep you incredibly active. 20 - 30 minutes per play session has me sweating like mad, having a blast the whole time.

Nice! My wife and I are dancers (semi-professionally, we did it on the side), so this is right up our alley. Thanks for the heads up. Any release date?

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What if Red Dead Redemption 2 VR was announced at Oculus Connect 6?
let me dream

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone try this? Basically you run Half-Life 2 through Garry's mod with a VR plugin on the Workshop. Looks like it would work pretty decently. Has arm tracking and even a little finger tracking (though the model is the default Garry's mod model I believe) and you can physically grab physics objects. I'm curious if it works well all the way through.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I already have multiple tabs on standby.
1 on Oculus livestream page
1 on Respawn Entertainment's twitter
1 on Respawn Entertainment's youtube
1 on Respawn Entertainment's official website

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in Respawn's game it looks just like every other VR shooter, maybe I'm being a bit harsh but when you compare it to something like Boneworks it isn't exactly pushing the envelope forward.

Dec 23, 2017
So far I'm happy for Oculus Quest users with all the news released today. Especially the hand tracking!

The OC6 keynote isn't finished yet as I type this, but I was hoping for more groundbreaking stuff. Medal of Honor VR was a pleasant surprise, but from the small amount of footage I saw, I didn't necessarily see anything new.

Maybe I hyped myself too much, lol.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in Respawn's game it looks just like every other VR shooter, maybe I'm being a bit harsh but when you compare it to something like Boneworks it isn't exactly pushing the envelope forward.
The way they were talking about it before, I fully expected it to be either a WW2 or Modern Warfare CoD style game so I can't say I'm disappointed as opposed to "welmed". To be fair, we don't really have a solid WW2 CoD style campaign shooter in VR yet. The setting kind of bores me, but it will still probably be fun.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
Why would anyone buy a Rift S now that the Link is a thing?

I say this as someone who just bought a Rift S in August.

I'm not bitter. At all.
The only downside to Quest is the weight. It's quite front heavy on your face. However, for the same price as a Rift S you get a portable VR platform that can now also play PC quality titles.

I just wish Oculus Link was wireless. Requiring a cable (when it's been proven to not be required) is disappointing.

Last edited:

Obi

Oct 27, 2017
Wow! That quest news is huge. I would be pretty upset if I bought a Rift S. Do you need a VirtualLink port on your video card to connect it?

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Do we know if Boneworks actually feels good to play? I'm not yet convinced that the idea of having your ingame hands not always follow your hands is a good one.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The only downside to Quest is the weight. It's quite front heavy on your face. However, for the same price as a Rift S you get a portable VR platform that can now also play PC quality titles.

I just wish Oculus Link was wireless. Requiring a cable (when it's been proven to not be required) is disappointing.

This is what I meant. I was really hoping for a wireless adapter announcement for the Rift S. Not a piece of technology that makes my current headset redundant. Should've gone Index!

Simbo

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys,

Recently got myself a Vive and have plugged it into my GPU using a display port cable.....my monitor uses the HDMI.

When I fire up my PC (and want to access the bios menu for example) the display port is taking priority so the bios is showing in my Vive headset.

It's a minor annoyance but wondered if anyone else has or had the same problem and know a remedy?

Thanks

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
Do we know if Boneworks actually feels good to play? I'm not yet convinced that the idea of having your ingame hands not always follow your hands is a good one.
A bunch of games already use this system, Lone Echo/Echo Arena employed it since like 2 years ago. Over half the time you don't notice. It just makes more sense that your virtual arms physically touch the virtual world and are bound by it.

What you do notice is when the game has to do stuff like break 1:1 head tracking to prevent you from looking inside walls or when you're in really awkward positions and the inverse kinematics makes your elbows go nuts for a lil bit

I really assumed they would try and lock it down to just Oculus Store games. I'm surprised.
On the Oculus PC client you can "add new headset" so I'm guessing it just uses that option. Oculus client already long supported outside/unknown sources, lets you boot Steam from within the Oculus library.

Obi

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys,

Recently got myself a Vive and have plugged it into my GPU using a display port cable.....my monitor uses the HDMI.

When I fire up my PC (and want to access the bios menu for example) the display port is taking priority so the bios is showing in my Vive headset.

It's a minor annoyance but wondered if anyone else has or had the same problem and know a remedy?

Thanks
Sometimes there's a BIOS setting for display priority. If not, then try using a different display port; one on the other side of the HDMI.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
Having too much fun just playing around in training with the low level squishy enemies in Hellsplit Arena. I beat the campaign the other night, haven't tried hardcore mode yet.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Having too much fun just playing around in training with the low level squishy enemies in Hellsplit Arena. I beat the campaign the other night, haven't tried hardcore mode yet.
Guessing you enjoyed it? It was getting some pretty bad reviews when it came out but I know they updated it recently. What exactly did they improve?

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
Guessing you enjoyed it? It was getting some pretty bad reviews when it came out but I know they updated it recently. What exactly did they improve?
There were three patches in the first week or so. I didnt buy it until after that, so not sure what the initial complaints were. The steam reviews have all been positive since then. They have still been patching as well, added some new stuff last week with more bug fixes and optimizations(games runs at 144hz for me as well on a 1080ti). No regrets for me, hoping they keep chugging along with it, even if not I enjoy it as is at this point.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There were three patches in the first week or so. I didnt buy it until after that, so not sure what the initial complaints were. The steam reviews have all been positive since then. They have still been patching as well, added some new stuff last week with more bug fixes and optimizations(games runs at 144hz for me as well on a 1080ti). No regrets for me, hoping they keep chugging along with it, even if not I enjoy it as is at this point.

This is super helpful. I was interested in this but held off due to the bad reviews. Might be worth a shot after all.

Have you played Blade and Sorcery? How does it compare?

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
This is super helpful. I was interested in this but held off due to the bad reviews. Might be worth a shot after all.

Have you played Blade and Sorcery? How does it compare?
I haven't yet, I have had it on my wishlist, don't ask me why I bought hellsplit first, I don't even know why haha. Hellsplit does have a campaign with 4 bosses, maybe that was part of it. I do have Gorn, and have enjoyed Hellsplit a little more. The dev has been super communicative on steam forums and opened a discord for people to ask questions. Be interesting to see what the 1.0 release adds.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
I've been going through a bunch of PC titles since getting my Index, and I've got to say Space Junkies is super fun, but it seems the population is basically dead. I've never been matchmade against more than one person, which seems a shame as it's a really fun game. Is there a reason it doesn't have many players?

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I've been going through a bunch of PC titles since getting my Index, and I've got to say Space Junkies is super fun, but it seems the population is basically dead. I've never been matchmade against more than one person, which seems a shame as it's a really fun game. Is there a reason it doesn't have many players?
Probably just because the VR userbase is pretty limited and multiplayer in less popular titles always dies pretty quickly even on the whole PC.