Votes: 229 15.4%
  • Much less active

Votes: 492 33.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Significantly more active here but I would not say WAY more. I had made about 1200 posts over there in the two years I was there, and I have made over 1700 here in these two years here. I've really gotten used to this place now! I was actually kind of messed up a little bit when all the drama happened because I had been lurking the other forum daily for almost 6 years prior to getting an account there.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
12.23 posts per day--neogaf (2011-2017)
7.11 ppd--resetera (2017-present)

Last edited:

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lot less active, I miss the high days of the old place, we had so many funny topics back there.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Less. I play very few games nowadays and OT is uninteresting because half of the threads are about super hero shit.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Way less active. I'm not much interested in games these days and off topic stuff is mostly depressing manbaby leader stuff and super hero garbage.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
More. Because I actually have an account here, conversely I'm significantly less into games so Off topic is where I stay.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
About the same.

I was going through some stuff and wasn't paying much attention when everyone migrated. After a few months at the old place, I noticed the quality of posts dropped in gaming. Then I went into OTL and politics and would constantly argue with idiots. Luckily all they do is talk shit about this place. Found my way here almost a year ago and have been happy since.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
About the same, always had to tip toe around GAF out of fear of getting banned for whatever excuse given. Been getting the same feeling here so I mostly lurk and post in threads I know I can't possibly get into trouble for.

JudgeN

Oct 25, 2017
Much less active but times have changed on the internet. Now a days we are simply less fun and more activism.

When the last time we had a legendary post like the crushed bioshock post? Cant think of one on resetera at all, if we do even try to start having fun it gets snuffed out pretty quick imo.

Grip

Oct 26, 2017
Got my account on ERA back when the exodus happened and I don't think I even have 20 posts. Just don't have a lot of time or interest in joining in most discussions here.

And to be fair, I was only really active on Gaf for like the first year I had my account (which I believe was back in 2012). After that I pretty much only posted in the Destiny OT and occasionally the NHL or NFL threads.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Ah, Vgchartz. I remember getting actually frustrated by ioi's posts in the Media Create Threads. IIRC he got permabanned from GAF eventually for constantly using his made-up numbers to back up arguments.

Holy smokes, forgot about that site 😂

Never really followed the sales discussions cause wasn't interested in it

I used to be active on that site years ago mainly for the gaming library database (which btw is broken as hell to the point where they have these people who are labeled as admins but expect users themselves to add in games - which is a waste of time when there's better alternatives) ,news and stuff but that went downhill when majority of the good users left.

Visited a few months ago and noticed threads from not even a year ago (and are inactive) were still in the top 5 pages (default settings)

All the good users that posted news articles and game discussions were gone so not surprised it's dead.

It also doesn't help that there are as many moderators/staff as active regular users 😂

Numbers discussion is one thing but when people stop talking about games on a gaming forum and end up posting weird shit, you know it's time to move on to greener pastures
—-

Anyways as far as the old site goes to here , I would say I am more active here because the majority of time I post is during downtime while at work when it's slow or not as busy.

I like keeping up with news/discussions about games, movies, tv shows and the fact that a lot of news events of the world (I.e weather, special events , etc) gets posted here - I like it for that reason.

Last edited:

Borgnine

Oct 25, 2017
Way way less. Always keep up with the movie thread but anything else even mildly amusing gets locked before it reaches a full page. Everything else is just ACLU talking points, MCU, and Reddit from 2 days ago which I'm not especially interested in.

Felaipes

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
way less, with the gaf exodus I created an account here, yet I merely lurk, roll my eyes and go back to reddit.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I posted in Gaf more but I use Era about the same amount. Forums just feel so slow compared to Discord; it feels like you need to write more formally, and that just feels annoying.

"Is Gaf and 4chan the only places left on the Internet where we can speak freely!?!"

- actual genuine post from current Gaf.

Oct 27, 2017
Probably a bit less active. Not much though; I go in spurts from posting multiple times per day to having weeks where I'll only post a few times.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Funny enough, I was way more worried about getting a ban on GAF then I ever was here. I think maybe had a total of 200 posts for the 3 or 4 years I was on there.

I feel like Era is a lot more ban happy so kinda doesn't make sense, but im posting waaaay more these days.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about much less active but I am definitely not posting as much as I did on the old site.

Part of it is that I only really have large spikes in posting when a new release i am super into comes out and there haven't been all that many since the move here.

The other part of it is that it feels less fun here, outside of a few threads everything feels more serious. I love shit posting and the opportunity to do so is massively reduced now, which is great for gaming side but it makes off topic less fun for me.

Also I used to post a lot in community threads but most threads are low activity and people really only communicate through that community discord.

Last edited:

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
About the same. During the first year of Era being live, I was a lot less active since I didn't have a personal computer at my job at the time with Internet access.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Much less active. Things have changed, communities are different and the large part of my time posting used to be there.

I used to post a lot in gaming too but the discussions around games nowadays are even worse than before, and I don't have fucks left to give. The twitter/etc bots that post threads from gaming are a godsend to see news without wasting my time.

Last edited:

gilko79

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
I'm actually a lot less active, but not because I have an issue with the community. I'm just busier these days.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Pretty much the same, I may post once or twice every other day but I mostly read. I don't post much because usually someone else has said what I wanted to say so I see no point in repeating the same thing.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel around the same. I'm doing more to spread my love for Etrian Odyssey and Dragon Quest this time at least.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Less.

It's starting to get tiring arguing semantics online generally and my opinion is often already said by someone else. There's not much to say.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Way less, threads in gaming tend to be dominated by reactionary culture (and not in a fun way). Off topic is worse in this regard. Communities are more insular and all the camaraderie in these places has now migrated to discord. In a sense, Era has become a lite, language-friendly version of 4chan. I used to enjoy Media Create threads as a last resort, but those threads turned into Switch porting wet fantasies.

The only thing I do mostly now is lurk.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
Less, I spend more time on Reddit. I was never put up big numbers at NeoGAF either. Early NeoGAF was fun and informative, late NeoGAF (pre-exodus) was miserable and ResetERA is informative but not very fun. Nintendo Direct threads and a few of the hangout threads are the only place where people want to let their hair down around here.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
About the same. My job is still pretty boring, so I'm on here the majority of the time during the workday.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Old site from 4/2014 to 10/2017 (3+ years) = 11K post.

Majority of that is from the Nintendo Direct Hype, E3, and WWE PPVs Threads.

Here from 10/2017 to present (2 years)= 6k post

I kinda slow down doing those now.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Won't say much less active but def not as much as I used to be. Think that has to do with age and forums in general not being as popular as they used to be. Some of my favorites are no longer posting anywhere.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
More active, while I had an account for years I mainly lurked, I'm not super active here either but I definitely am more active. I never really start replying and getting into long convos just to avoid arguments and people responding without context. I usually post once with my response or thoughts and then lurk.

The Auxiliary

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Waay less active apparently. I dont post a lot in general, but I had 700+ posts from the four years I was there, and only 70-some posts in the two years I've been here. Oh well...

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Why would people post on a site where there is open homophobia, transphobia, racism, bigotry, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.