Have you ever played a Persona 3 game before?

• Yes! I have played a different version of Persona 3 in the past!

Votes: 900 68.6%
  • No! Persona 3 Reload will be my first time experiencing Persona 3!

Votes: 411 31.4%

• Total voters

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
The game prompts you to connect online when you start it, so I imagine it's there. Not far enough to know for sure though.
Okay, hopefully it does. I really like that feature.
Oh like the Catherine thing? I must have totally forgotten P5 had something like that or was it P5R only?
Both vanilla and Royal had it.
They do. I got the game early on Tuesday and answered a question thanks to that.
Awesome, thanks

ironjoe

Jan 26, 2018
NYC
guys how do you play this game without walkthrough btw? do you play multiple playthrough? apparently the quiz questions are different now, I think SL timeline also differ. I am in tartarus now but torn to continue 😭
It usually takes a few months for a max s-links guide to come out. Either you wing it now or wait a while.

wamoss

Aug 11, 2022
guys how do you play this game without walkthrough btw? do you play multiple playthrough? apparently the quiz questions are different now, I think SL timeline also differ. I am in tartarus now but torn to continue 😭
I'd recommend playing without a walkthrough and just enjoy the game. Making mistakes in the social sim segments is part of the fun with the first playthrough. Can always worry about min maxing on new game plus.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Fantastic OP, by the only poster it could be done by lol. Can't wait to play this weekend!

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
is vidya game protags making their own OT even legal?

If anyone deserved to make an OT on 3, it was def you lol
Rad job on it btw

I feel like as far as making this specific OT goes, you're basically the Chosen One.

Fantastic OP, by the only poster it could be done by lol. Can't wait to play this weekend!
lol awh thanks. Maybe it was fate? Destiny? I always had a Persona 3 protag avatar for my online presence. It's a funny feeling seeing him. He symbolizes alot to me and he's like a mixture between being a self-insert yet also like a son or something? Okay maybe son is a strong word lol whenever I see him or the female protag, my heart always jumps. Games can trigger some powerful emotions.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Oh, I guess people in some places have the game already? I still have to wait like 34 hours before I get my copy.
Can someone please confirm some details on the difficulty modes? There was talk that the highest difficulty would not have the extra damage given to enemies when exploiting weaknesses that past Persona "Merciless" modes had. Is there any confirmation of that? Because that ruined that mode and made it easier than Hard.

People who name the protagonist Makoto Yuki:
[...]
People who name him Minato Arisato:
[...]
I will name him the same thing I did in 2007, before either of these names existed. lol

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I won't be able to play Reload, as I have prior engagements up until early May, for by then I will have some more disposable free time.

Hope those who are playing Persona 3 for the first time are going to enjoy it.

Whisu

May 19, 2021
Cs8fevM.png

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
lol awh thanks. Maybe it was fate? Destiny? I always had a Persona 3 protag avatar for my online presence. It's a funny feeling seeing him. He symbolizes alot to me and he's like a mixture between being a self-insert yet also like a son or something? Okay maybe son is a strong word lol whenever I see him or the female protag, my heart always jumps. Games can trigger some powerful emotions.
Live reaction from your son as you pay him a compliment:

FT66LanWIAE08wp.png

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing P5 at the moment and I like how the social links for all characters give tangible benefits. I played a bit of P4G and iirc it was only party members who gave those benefits; does this remake let all social links have benefits or will I basically be prioritising my party members?

jack.

Oct 27, 2017
No 21:9 support aaaaugh

Atlus will never support this.

I'm just hoping that since this one is on Unreal instead of their proprietary engine it will be easier to mod in. The P5R ultrawide mod never fixed the stretched UI which is kind of a dealbreaker for a game where you're staring at 2D portraits for so much of the time.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing op!

For anyone with a weaker graphics card, turn off reflections. They decided to go with RT reflections by default, and my aging rtx 2060 does not like it.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I'm literally counting down the minutes lol.
Haven't been this excited for a game in a while.
Been thinking about all those years of speculation when remakes of P3 and FF7 felt like a pipe dream, and yet here we are.

Great OT Mediking, thanks for the hard work.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I technically played Persona 3 FES for maybe five hours on PS3, but it was so old I couldn't and I refuse to play Portable due not being able to move around the world map. I'm calling this my first go though.

Thanks to awesome circumstances, I got Friday off and plan to do nothing but play all weekend. Gonna be awesome!

Uff Duh

Oct 26, 2017
Nice OT Mediking and iFirez! Hurry up midnight. Should have gotten the PC version. Just so used to playing this on Playstation. Glad the NZ trick worked for you Xbox and PC players.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing P5 at the moment and I like how the social links for all characters give tangible benefits. I played a bit of P4G and iirc it was only party members who gave those benefits; does this remake let all social links have benefits or will I basically be prioritising my party members?

Persona 3 is a bit different, only a few of your party members have social links. I'm not 100% sure yet, but it looks like there's no character specific benefit to social links which is how it was in the original game. It's just a bonus to fusing XP, and a small new thing as far as I can tell. They did introduce a new system to this game that lets you have more interactions with all of your party members and I think that does offer some benefits to teammates.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
I am so excited to get back into the p3 world again. Wish it was midnight over here already

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic OT, Mediking !

The best Persona getting a remake is still surreal. Happy for the newcomers who will experience this incredible story for the first time!

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent OT!

My Aigis edition just arrived, can't believe I got it a day early, that shit never happens to me

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Persona 3 is a bit different, only a few of your party members have social links. I'm not 100% sure yet, but it looks like there's no character specific benefit to social links which is how it was in the original game. It's just a bonus to fusing XP, and a small new thing as far as I can tell. They did introduce a new system to this game that lets you have more interactions with all of your party members and I think that does offer some benefits to teammates.
Ah ok, that's interesting. So is it a little more straightforward in terms of working out what to do with my time? P5R gives me a lot of options.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to dive into this. I played Persona 3 Portable in 2022, (beat it just before they announced the Steam release) and had a great time with it.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
p60c3a.png

Ah shit, here we go again
I love Persona Awakening scenes! My boy looking hype and wild! He knows what time it is!
Been thinking about all those years of speculation when remakes of P3 and FF7 felt like a pipe dream, and yet here we are.
I know right??? This is amazing. Such a great time to be a gamer. I know people roll their eyes at remakes and stuff but there's nothing wrong with bringing a legendary game back with better graphics and content.
Just reached the beach scene, Aegis looks great
Sooo jealous lol

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
So the TV on like, the second day. That's obviously Trish, and she's talking about Yukino right?

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Wait the NZ trick works on gamepass for PC users too right? It's been a long time and I can't remember for sure.