Have you ever played a Persona 3 game before?

• Yes! I have played a different version of Persona 3 in the past!

Votes: 899 68.6%
  • No! Persona 3 Reload will be my first time experiencing Persona 3!

Votes: 411 31.4%

• Total voters

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
It's not yet, but P6 will be a big moment for the franchise, as long as they don't mess with the multiplatform approach.

I bet P6 is going to be huge. (easy bet.)
I wonder how SMTV is going to sell. I'm going to buy it just because, "Oh hey, I recognize those Personas/Demons/Whatsits."

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Yes, I liked it a lot except for too many minigames (other than Queen's Blood which I loved). I'm just not a big minigame person.
I absolutely hated FFXVI though and couldn't even finish it.

Oh, and as someone who played the OG FFVII on the PS1, I am not a huge fan of all the story changes. Sephiroth is a chump now.
I'm laughing cuz it's a shame PlanetSmasher don't really mess with Persona like that (I ain't bashing him for his opinion) but if he did… he prolly would be cheering and dancing at your post.
You've got a soft spot for Persona, you liked the OG FFVII (I'm a bit of a superfan overlord nerd about the OG), didn't like the changes, and accurately summarize Sephiroth in one word.

giphy.gif
Persona brings Final Fantasy fans together. Or maybe Final Fantasy brings Persona fans together? lol
I bet P6 is going to be huge. (easy bet.)
I wonder how SMTV is going to sell. I'm going to buy it just because, "Oh hey, I recognize those Personas/Demons/Whatsits."
lol! Hey HylianSeven It's time for you to be here for the ceremony of inducting shiba5 into SMT. Ain't it beautiful?

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm laughing cuz it's a shame PlanetSmasher don't really mess with Persona like that (I ain't bashing him for his opinion) but if he did… he prolly would be cheering and dancing at your post.

Persona brings Final Fantasy fans together. Or maybe Final Fantasy brings Persona fans together? lol

lol! Hey HylianSeven It's time for you to be here for the ceremony of inducting shiba5 into SMT. Ain't it beautiful?
shiba5

www.resetera.com

"Will I like Shin Megami Tensei if I like Persona?" - Volume II: With a Vengeance Sega

About two and a half years ago, I made the following thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/will-i-like-shin-megami-tensei-if-i-like-persona-a-beginners-guide-to-shin-megami-tensei-and-if-you-might-like-smtv.508290/ The concept of this thread was a little over a month before the release of...

This is a good place to start!

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
shiba5

www.resetera.com

"Will I like Shin Megami Tensei if I like Persona?" - Volume II: With a Vengeance Sega

About two and a half years ago, I made the following thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/will-i-like-shin-megami-tensei-if-i-like-persona-a-beginners-guide-to-shin-megami-tensei-and-if-you-might-like-smtv.508290/ The concept of this thread was a little over a month before the release of...

This is a good place to start!

I was convinced to buy it after it was posted in this thread before!

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
LOL, I think so.

I could go on and on about how shoehorning Sephiroth into new scenes and boss fights completely destroys his menacing presence from the OG. For anyone who didn't play the OG, you did not fight him until the very end. You spend the whole game trailing him and seeing his wake of destruction. He's an oppressive absence. I spent the whole game knowing he was going to be a fight to remember and dreading how tough he was going to be.
The complete opposite of Remake/Rebirth:
Oh no, not Sephiroth! How will I defeat this guy I've already beaten before?!
chump
Not even kidding when I feel the exact same way that you do. The EXACT same way. I've been in more than my fair share of VII Remake threads expressing this opinion. Loved Sephiroth in the OG and loved his intimidating, mysterious, dangerous, and destructive presence. I loved that the party didn't even have permission to fight him. They were relegated to chasing him around the world by following his literal path of blood. And yeah Remake is like "oh, we're gonna beat up that fanboy that loves Cloud? Alright, let's easily turn him to dust then".
Either way, I'm just happy to have a premium experience, long-form, turn-based JRPG on top with a really fun combat system and banging music.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Not even kidding when I feel the exact same way that you do. The EXACT same way. I've been in more than my fair share of VII Remake threads expressing this opinion. Loved Sephiroth in the OG and loved his intimidating, mysterious, dangerous, and destructive presence. I loved that the party didn't even have permission to fight him. They were relegated to chasing him around the world by following his literal path of blood. And yeah Remake is like "oh, we're gonna beat up that fanboy that loves Cloud? Alright, let's easily turn him to dust then".

Either way, I'm just happy to have a premium experience, long-form, turn-based JRPG on top with a really fun combat system and banging music.

They might as well go for the full gusto and introduce a new big bad and have them destroy Sephiroth. Then Cloud and gang fight them.

IKR??? Such a good feeling. I love Persona.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm laughing cuz it's a shame @PlanetSmasher don't really mess with Persona like that (I ain't bashing him for his opinion) but if he did… he prolly would be cheering and dancing at your post.

I don't even hate FFXVI. I just kind of feel nothing about it at this point, lol. It's one of those games where I just think about what it could've been, and then think about what it was, and it all just bleeds down to 0.

I don't know why modern Square is so bad at villains, but it feels like after Ardyn they just gave up on even attempting character writing for their bad guys.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

I don't even hate FFXVI. I just kind of feel nothing about it at this point, lol. It's one of those games where I just think about what it could've been, and then think about what it was, and it all just bleeds down to 0.

I don't know why modern Square is so bad at villains, but it feels like after Ardyn they just gave up on even attempting character writing for their bad guys.
At least early FFXVI was pretty good. The beginning of it seemed promising lol and dang you're actually in a Persona thread… and a Persona OT at that. Wow. Things truly are changing. The livestream that Cloud and Omni-Seph is fighting for must be being manipulated by the Whispers!

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

BY THE MYRIAD TRUTHS!

At least early FFXVI was pretty good. The beginning of it seemed promising lol and dang you're actually in a Persona thread… and a Persona OT at that. Wow. Things truly are changing. The livestream that Cloud and Omni-Seph is fighting for must be being manipulated by the Whispers!

I was quite enjoying XVI right up until I got a quest to go pick up literal dirt. Flashy boss battles followed by HOURS of bottom of the barrel MMO fetch quests in a barren world with nothing interesting to find. And did every NPC just love to drone on about how important their dull fetch quest was? THEY SURE DID!
I was swayed by the great reviews and paid full price for it. It still makes me salty.

Last edited:

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I wish we had an Atlus OT to discuss all of their games because I keep using this one as a catchall.

Imagine my disappointment when I was watching the SMTV Complete Guide and realized the main character was a dude. I thought Atlus made an awesome looking female main character and it's just another guy - but his hair grows?
Anyway, a bit of a bummer for me.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Somebody can always whip one together, right? It doesn't have to be anything fancy if it's just a catch-all for all things Atlus so we can drop random thoughts, impressions, information, etc. into it.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

I wish we had an Atlus OT to discuss all of their games because I keep using this one as a catchall.

Imagine my disappointment when I was watching the SMTV Complete Guide and realized the main character was a dude. I thought Atlus made an awesome looking female main character and it's just another guy - but his hair grows?
😂😂😂😂 an Atlus OT would be cool. Hmmmmm….

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

I know there's a general Persona OT but it's not active at all. An Atlus OT would be nice

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
did you guys know that yukari felt fuuka was pressured to join the team? didn't hear the first 300 times she said that

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
The "You forced yourself to stay awake…" shady ass text after Terauchi breaks down and thanks the students before leaving the school.

ijbol