• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Josh wrote a blog post on the Might change: https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/168019874726/might-chat

In my tweet, I briefly stated the motivation for making the Might > Strength / Resolve shift, which was that Resolve is unappealing for caster classes. It was a little unappealing in Pillars 1 and even less appealing in Deadfire because Concentration in Deadfire is a binary thing that's not associated with Resolve. Either you have Concentration or you don't. While Concentration is important for casters, because it's disassociated from Resolve, Resolve drops in importance for those classes. There are ways we could address that, but I'll get to that later.
. . .
Going into this, I knew there were shortcomings. It does mean that for priests and wizards that abstain from weapon-based attacks (i.e. most of them), they can more safely dump Might. In that sense, it doesn't mean they have more dump stats (since they were dumping Resolve) but it shifts what they dump unless they're making a weapon-based priest or gish wizard. It also has the side effect of stretching points a little thin for druids (who need Strength for their spiritshift forms) and arguably fighters and/or paladins.
. . .
We're going to include this change in the next Backer Beta update, but I'm still working on/thinking through alternative ways to solve the problem.

Of the things that have been discussed, the one I think is most promising involves making Concentration better overall and allowing it to build up over the course of combat at a rate defined by the character's Resolve. . . . If we can get Concentration to a place of widespread value (with an increased emphasis on casters), tying it to Resolve again may be a better solution, but there's still a lot of thinking and discussion that needs to go into that.

As before, I don't have a firm opinion on the matter.* Moving magic damage and healing to Resolve will definitely change a lot of builds. Certain classes balanced around Might may need some special attention. But it will take at least a few weeks with the update before we can say what's fun.

*Well, I do think it's a little silly that deflection is now linked to what is primarily a casting stat. I'm sure it balances out fine (in that class-based deflection gaps dwarf the attribute score bonus), but it's illogical.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
If you backed the Island for PoE2, please check your email. You will receive the beta key shortly after your response to it.

Thank you! :)

P.S. For everyone here at ResetEra, I've reserved minimum 70 keys to the beta. I will be distributing them soon.

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Thanks as always Shao Kahn. Cool to see some more people here get a chance to dig in early! Hopefully the first big beta update lands soon.

Nov 8, 2017
If you backed the Island for PoE2, please check your email. You will receive the beta key shortly after your response to it.

Thank you! :)

P.S. For everyone here at ResetEra, I've reserved minimum 70 keys to the beta. I will be distributing them soon.

I've responded no to leave a key for someone else, I'm happy to just wait for the full release (I backed it separately anyway).

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Keys look to be just in time, too. There will be a stream in about 80 minutes with Josh and Brian Heins to preview the first big beta update, which I assume means it'll be relatively soon.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I don't think there's any major reference to it.

Oh and you're all welcome! I distributed some keys last night. I'm going to distribute the rest in a few hours.
Thanks for the key, that was a pleasant surprise last night. What do we know about the island we refunded? All I remember was that it was going to be the shape of the old sites logo and it was supposed to be an end game island.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Everyone who responded to the email should get the key by now.

Everyone else who is donating their key to ResetEra, I salute you! <3

Thanks for the key, that was a pleasant surprise last night. What do we know about the island we refunded? All I remember was that it was going to be the shape of the old sites logo and it was supposed to be an end game island.

The shape of the island is going to have no relevance to GAF; I don't want to ruin the surprise but if you must insist:

mjLp7FL.jpg

Its based on this amazing illustration by Vulcano's Assistant , which by coincidence looks more like ResetERA logo :P

And I'm not sure about the end game, but it will have one of the toughest dungeons, if all stays to plan. That said, I'm doing my best to change whatever Obsidian can change this deep into the development, and I do apologize in advance if certain references don't change (However, I gave Obsidian no GAF related reference or callouts from the get go since everyone wanted to avoid that for the sequel).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Hey cool the first rendition of the detailed AI builder will be going in with the next update. It already looks pretty crazy if you really want to get down into the details.

And they're easily shareable with other people. Neat.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

The shape of the island is going to have no relevance to GAF; I don't want to ruin the surprise but if you must insist:

mjLp7FL.jpg

Its based on this amazing illustration by Vulcano's Assistant , which by coincidence looks more like ResetERA logo :P

And I'm not sure about the end game, but it will have one of the toughest dungeons, if all stays to plan. That said, I'm doing my best to change whatever Obsidian can change this deep into the development, and I do apologize in advance if certain references don't change (However, I gave Obsidian no GAF related reference or callouts from the get go since everyone wanted to avoid that for the sequel).

That is just amazing. I am so super stoked!

Oct 25, 2017
The behavioral editor looks so good. I'm excited to try it out. Maybe once the next update hits, I'll have time to dig into the beta.

PFD

Nov 12, 2017
I did not donate for the island (only backed the regular game). If you have any leftover beta keys I'd love one :)

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Here's a replay of the stream if anyone missed it and wants to see what's up. The big new feature is the AI editor which starts at about the 29 minute mark and is definitely worth checking out if you have five minutes. If you liked DA:Origins or FF12 Gambits you should love this too.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The fact that the game automatically exports the AI Behavior Profiles so you can readily share them is super awesome.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

mjLp7FL.jpg

RIP Gaffagos Island (Or whatever it was planned to be called).
And RIP the tavern. Hopefully, we can shoe in some Era references in there somewhere. Although, do we even have anything to reference on this site yet? We're a pretty smooth butt baby right now.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Beta has been updated.

Update log is very long:
NEW CONTENT

Prepatch (Build 4) saves are not compatible and will not be available in the Save/Load Menu with this patch (Build 21). We are still ironing out some save/load issues on our end and don't want you all to run into unnecessary issues.

A new uncharted Island - A new island has been added to the world map.

Custom Party AI - Our complete AI system will be available. This system still has some rough edges but should be functional. Hit it and tell us what you think.

Mac/Linux versions both on GoG and Steam - These builds are very 'fresh' with many unexplored pieces. We would love some feedback/bugs on these.

Walk Toggle - The long awaited walk toggle has been added. RP your hearts out J

SYSTEM CHANGES

We listened closely to all of your feedback over the past month, and are rolling out some changes to improve gameplay.

Injuries:

Updated Injuries so that only some Injury types will reduce Max Health. When they do, they'll reduce it by 15%, rather than 25%. Players will still die when gaining their 4thInjury, even if none of the Injuries they have reduce MaxHealth.

Here are the Injuries that affect MaxHealth:
  • Fatigued
  • Frail
  • Major Injury
  • Critical Injury
  • Maimed
  • Severe Wound
Here are the Injuries that don't:
  • Acute Rash
  • Bruised Ribs
  • Concussion
  • Frostbite
  • Burned
  • Smashed Hands
  • Sprained Wrist
  • Swollen Eye
  • System Shock
  • Twisted Ankle
  • Wrenched Knee
  • Wrenched Shoulder
Interrupt:

Modified a couple of abilities whose primary purpose is to interrupt targets, so that they will Interrupt on Graze or better, rather than Hit or better. This affects the following abilities:
  • Fighter: Knockdown and Mule Kick
  • Monk: Force of Anguish, Wave of Force, and Skyward Kick
  • Ranger: Concussive Shot and Concussive Tranquilizer
  • Rogue: Sap and Perplexing Sap
Other interrupt abilities `either always hit, or applied an Affliction and so already got a benefit for a

Graze. They still require the character to have Grazes from another source (Fighter Confident Aim, Aware Inspiration, etc.)

Movement:

Reducing movement speeds to 85% of their previous amount.

Attributes:

In Pillars 1 and Deadfire (now), the Might and Resolve attributes affect the following:
  • Might - All Damage, All Healing, Fortitude Defense
  • Resolve - Concentration (Pillars 1 only), Deflection Defense, Will Defense
Players have noted the following over the past few years:
  1. If you're a caster, there's often not much reason to invest in Resolve (especially in Deadfire).
  2. From a *~ roleplaying ~* perspective, it feels weird to have muscley wizards casting high damage fireballs because they can bench 350 lbs.
So we are making these changes for the next Backer Beta build:
  • Strength - All Weapon Damage, Fortitude Defense
  • Resolve - All Healing, All Spell Damage, Deflection Defense, Will Defense
For ease of use, "Weapon Damage" means anything that's an equipped weapon, from a sword to a bow to a gun to Kalakoth's Minor Blights. This also means there's a benefit to making a high-Strength wizard (i.e., being a psycho melee "gish" wizard).

Spells:

Slow cast spells will use the Fast (2s base) recovery time instead of Average (3s base). The Very Slow cast spells (typically summons) will now use the Very Fast (1s base) recovery time.

Penetration:

Modified the Penetration system slightly, along with how Penetration displays in the mouse-over tooltip in combat.

When your Penetration is below the target's Armor, there is now a gradual reduction in damage. The current values are (and may be tweaked as we play with them a bit):
  • -1 Pen = 75% Damage
  • -2 Pen = 50% Damage
  • -3 or more Pen = 25% Damage
It's still 100% damage up until you are at double Pen, and then 130% damage from there.

Along with this change, Penetration will now ONLY display on the combat tooltip when you are either BELOW Pen, or you don't yet know the target's Armor value for the damage type you'll deal.

Attack Speed:

Updated the attack speed of most 1H weapons to use an Average (3s) recovery time, instead of Fast (previously 1s). Fast recovery times are now 2s, rather than 1s. The overall result of these changes is that combat will have a slower pace as recovery times for 1H weapons is increased.

Here are the 1H weapons that will have a Fast (2s) recovery time. All other 1H weapons are Average recovery:
  • Stiletto
  • Hatchet
  • Dagger
  • Rapier
  • Club
  • Flail
  • Monk Fists
As part of this change, we also looked at the overall damage ranges of weapons, with the goal of making 2H weapons a viable choice compared to 1H weapons.

Recovery:

Base recovery time for a Slow recovery attack is now 4s, instead of 5s. Very slow is now 7s instead of 8s.

More importantly, we updated the recovery penalty from armor, as follows:
  • 20%: Light Armor (Leather, Hide, Padded)
  • 35%: Medium Armor (Scale, Breastplate, Mail)
  • 55%: Heavy Armor (Brigandine, Plate)
Graze:

All attacks can inherently Graze. We updated the Aware Inspiration to grant 50% Graze to Hit conversion, and fighter Confident Aim also grants 50% Graze to Hit (meaning Fighters who have both will hit a lot more). Grazing will reduce damage and status effect / affliction duration by 50%. We might consider having graze downgrade Tier 3 & Tier 2 afflictions, like an inherent Resistance.

Rogue:
  • Rogue Escape ability. It now costs 1 Guile to use (previously it was 2). It is no longer removed when you choose Shadow Step/Shadowing Beyond, but it is a requirement in order to gain either of those abilities.
Ranger:
  • Ranger abilities Wounding Shot, Accurate Wounding Shot, Hobbling Shot, Concussive Shot, Concussive Tranquilizer, and Stunning Shots will now work with melee weapon attacks.
Priest:
  • Priests will now receive an automatic spell when they reach every new Power Level. For a single-class Priest, that's at levels 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 16, and 19.
  • Updated Priests so that they no longer lose access to spells based on type. IE: Eothas Priests no longer lose access to Protection spells.
Fighter:
  • Mule Kick is now a standalone ability, not a Knock Down upgrade. It requires Knock Down to learn, but doesn't replace it. It now does bonus damage and will Disorient the target, and will cost 3 points to use.
Ranger:
  • Wounding Shot - Since Wounding Shot and its upgrades were reduced to 1 point, tuned down the bonus Raw damage a bit.
  • Marked Prey - As with Sworn Enemy, Marked Prey will now work correctly w/ ranged & AoE attacks.
Paladin:
  • Paladin Orders like Priests, players were required to pick a Paladin Order during character creation. We've removed the drawbacks from picking the various Orders.
  • Lay on Hands -Greater Lay on Hands and Hands of Light are no longer upgrades to Lay on Hands. They require Lay on Hands, but do not replace it. Their effects remain the same.
  • Sworn Enemy - has been updated to work correctly with ranged & AoE attacks
BUG FIXES

Thanks to all you wonderful gamers providing tons of feedback/bugs. We spent this past month addressing as many of it as we could; here are some of the highlights.

General Issues:
  • (FIXED) Mild to severe drop in frame rate on first load. We are still in the process of optimizing our game.
  • (FIXED) Some machines may crash on a black screen on first 'New Game'
  • (FIXED) A few different creatures (Imp, Beetle, etc..) are missing audio
  • (FIXED) Some NPCs will have abilities that activate after each transition
  • (FIXED) Party will spawn halfway below the ground after destroying the Adra Pillar in Poko Kohara
Class Specific:
  • (FIXED) Chanter phrase count is not updating after Save/Load
  • (FIXED) Multiclass Barbarian/Priest (Shaman) lose passives
  • (FIXED) Wizard/Druid/Priest 'aggressive' AI preset will mainly auto attack
  • (FIXED) Mercenary Wizard is currently listed as a dwarf and gains 'Hale and Hardy' but visually is a Human
UI:
  • (FIXED) Some menus are cut off in certain resolutions
  • (FIXED) All tooltips regarding Action Speed, Recovery Time, and Reload Time are incorrect (Don't trust them)
  • (FIXED) HUD elements may flicker/phase out of existence after a save/load cycle
  • (FIXED) Adra Pillar in Poko Kohara disappears after Save/Load
  • (FIXED) Player character portrait doesn't fill red to show damage after Save/Load
  • (FIXED) Loading Error that kicks to the Main Menu transitioning after Save/Load
Spells and Abilities:
  • (FIXED) Spell Levels in Ability Trees and Grimoires do not match
  • (FIXED) Bull's Will Passive can be obtained twice for Multiclass Players
Miscellaneous:
  • (FIXED) Off screen Character Position Portraits all display the 5th slot party member
  • (FIXED) Animation controller issue with Blights and Spores. If you Knock Down/Up either of these enemies they will be put into a bad state and combat will not end.
  • (FIXED) Players can obtain infinite money or debt by buying hammer and chisels from Vektor
Combat:
  • (FIXED) Mule Kick makes enemies untargettable and stuck in combat
  • (FIXED) Enemies sometimes duplicate on save/load
  • (FIXED) Weapon Recovery speeds are inconsistent
  • (FIXED) Skeleton Sorcerers attack themselves in Poko Kohara
  • (FIXED) Weapon Focus Barbarian ability is combat only (Currently being worked on)
  • (FIXED) Kith (humanoid) enemies will sometimes attack themselves
KNOWN ISSUES IN THE CURRENT BACKER BETA

These issues are still a priority for us, but there is only so much time in a day and we didn't want to keep you all waiting any longer.

All Platforms:
  • Mercenary Priest level up summary has much larger text than other characters
  • Items can be duplicated in rest menu
  • 'Broodmother's Fury' Loading an autosave before starting the quest will block the quest from turn in at end
  • Some machines may crash when quitting to the Main Menu from within the game
  • The Game doesn't boot in native resolution after installation
  • Ranger 'Ghostheart' summoned spirit companions will sometimes blend into the background
  • Chanter will not have audio for their abilities (Chants or invocations)
Linux:
  • Loading a save outside of Tikawara and returning to Tikawara will open Character Creation
  • Encounter between Ravine and Tikawara reappears
  • New Game takes forever to launch character creation
Mac:
  • Crash when loading an encounter autosave from a different scene
  • New Game takes forever to launch character creation

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want to like the game, I really do, but I just can't get into it. I don't know why. Can't put my finger on it :( I think Divinity OS2 was just 2 gud.

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I'm glad they got it out the door before taking off for the holidays. Should give plenty of time for the hardcore beta goers to comb through everything and find out the new broken builds.

I want to like the game, I really do, but I just can't get into it. I don't know why. Can't put my finger on it :( I think Divinity OS2 was just 2 gud.

This is like 2% of the game in alpha/beta form?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm the exact opposite. Playing this beta has made going back to D:OS 2 even harder than before. Every encounter feels like a chore that takes forever due to the slow game mechanics. If I could 1 hit every enemy it would still take forever to get through all the animations and turns and it simply doesn't have the same feel as PoE does when it comes to presentation and writing.

It's still a great game, but I would never even think of choosing it over PoE or even many other RPG franchises, turn based or not.

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm the exact opposite. Playing this beta has made going back to D:OS 2 even harder than before. Every encounter feels like a chore that takes forever due to the slow game mechanics. If I could 1 hit every enemy it would still take forever to get through all the animations and turns and it simply doesn't have the same feel as PoE does when it comes to presentation and writing.

It's still a great game, but I would never even think of choosing it over PoE or even many other RPG franchises, turn based or not.

Can I just ask what your favourite cRPG ever is? like the GOAT?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Can I just ask what your favourite cRPG ever is? like the GOAT?
Depending on my mood either FO 2 or Arcanum. BG2 only loses out due my severe apathy for Forgotten Realms as a setting, but otherwise the whole main plot and Jon Irenicus is damn great, probably more so than either of the other two's main plots, but world building is a thing I really enjoy and the settings in FO and Arcanum are just infinitely more interesting. From a pure combat perspective though RTwP has always been my favorite. It's the perfect balance between letting me breeze through encounters if I wish or taking every bit as much time as I want to plan out and orchestrate every little move. The fundamental nature of "turns" always pulls me out of things and make combat feel so artificial. Especially in the case of DOS2 where turns feel especially slow and drawn out.

Oct 31, 2017
Well, just to grasp who I should listen to... What's your opinion about PoE and D:OS1? And how would you compare PoE 2 to PoE 1 so far?

Because personally I thought both the D:OS games run circles around PoE (and I say this as Baldur's Gate cultist).

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Well, just to grasp who I should listen to... What's your opinion about PoE and D:OS1? And how would you compare PoE 2 to PoE 1 so far?

Because personally I thought both the D:OS games run circles around PoE (and I say this as Baldur's Gate cultist).
I'd still take PoE over either OS 1 or 2. D:OS was a game I liked, not loved. Combat at the time was interesting and novel due to the creative nature of elements and what not, but the writing and overall plot/tone did not resonate with me at all. I did not give a single shit about the world, plot or setting and those are really important for me. It's a reason why BG2 is only my #3 because I don't care at all for Forgotten Realms. And the novelty of Divinity's combat eventually wore off for me. I do not derive much pleasure from the style of "freedom" D:OS provides. D:OS 2 has fixed much of the issues I had with regards to plot, writing and so on a great deal though, but the core mechanics of the game haven't changed and I'm still not enamored by them.

A lot of people love that you can "break" the game and use the in game systems both in and out of combat to find solutions to problems or game the system to your advantage, but I don't particularly enjoy that style of gaming the system. FO 1/2 are two of my most favorite games because there are a ton of really interesting and odd solutions baked into the game. Next to cRPGs Adventure games were among my favorites growing up, so I liked that form of problem solving and out of the box thinking that FO rewarded the player for. Exploring environments and using your skills on objects and in situations that you normally wouldn't think to, but they surprisingly make sense once you try and find it works. They're solutions that are creative and sometimes outlandish, but they have their own weird logic to them because someone actually designed them to work, not simply being exploits in the system the devs may or may not have expected.

That said PoE was by no means perfect. Narrative and main plot were a bit dry to say the least, companions were uneven and quest design often felt a bit constrained in how you could approach things. Combat at its core was very solid and rewarding, but certain elements were quite lacking. Especially if you were married to certain aspects of the Infinity Engine games and D&D in general. Many of the gameplay/roleplay systems outside of combat felt a bit lacking too or simply didn't achieve the results they were intended for. But overall I loved the combat, I loved the setting and world building and I loved the presentation. I've beaten it three times now and have only come to appreciate the game more with each run. That's not at all something I would want to do with either D:OS game. First time is enough.

As for PoE2, so far it feels like a great leap forward. Presentation wise the game is even better than ever, character models are stunning and new environment effects are really nice. On paper I'm very happy with most changes to combat and despite some bugs and issues in the first beta build I still found it to be pretty great. Multiclassing alone already feels like a great addition with a wealth of potential that I was able to tap into pretty effectively with just a little messing around and intuitive combinations. And smaller things like how the dialogue system works seems like a massive improvement too. The flow of dialogue is much more digestible and presents itself in a more natural way which should help a ton with voiced segments and not having large chunks of narration between lines. Impossible to say plot and character wise how things are going, but setting wise the game seems more interesting than ever as the Deadfire, just from this small taste, feels far more unique and original compared to the rather generic Dyrwood. If things like ship management and combat are even halfway decent that is another pretty awesome addition to the game that tickles my fancy a great deal as someone who has put in hundreds of hours and hours into games like Age of Pirates 2 and Sid Meier's Pirates!

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Finally got around to checking out the new beta patch and I'm pretty happy with a lot of the changes. Combat is much much much better paced, the new AI builder thing is insane and performance seems quite a bit better, especially in the sand storms - I went from 20-25 FPS up to 55-60. I still think a lot of numbers need to change and I hope they revert the might/resolve changes and find something else for that stat because I liked might thematically. Overall it seems like solid progress for a first beta patch that I'll need to play with a bit more.

marimo

Oct 25, 2017
For any other latecomers like me, thought I should mention that all the codes are claimed.

Last edited:

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
So after playing the beta for a bit I don't know how I feel about the new armor rating and armor penetration mechanic. On one hand it decouples small instances of damage being disproportionately weak by introducing a penetration mechanic and making the result of pen vs armor rating a % differential instead of flat minus/plus ajustement to damage. On the other hand the system is incredibly binary (3 states, you do either either 30%, 100% or 130% depending on the result of pen vs armor rating) and not very interesting. You only really need to worry about having enough penetration to match the rating as the moment you are one point below you instantly drop to 30% damage done. Seems like just busy work / stats upkeep instead of interesting choices.

Also I really don't like they Might -> Strength change. The only thing this change will do is pigeon hole people into the respective stat depending on whether they auto attack or dish out spells. Pillars 1 put a good amount of effort to eliminate this and I don't understand why they are undermining that design goal from Pillars 1.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
So after playing the beta for a bit I don't know how I feel about the new armor rating and armor penetration mechanic. On one hand it decouples small instances of damage being disproportionately weak by introducing a penetration mechanic and making the result of pen vs armor rating a % differential instead of flat minus/plus ajustement to damage. On the other hand the system is incredibly binary (3 states, you do either either 30%, 100% or 130% depending on the result of pen vs armor rating) and not very interesting. You only really need to worry about having enough penetration to match the rating as the moment you are one point below you instantly drop to 30% damage done. Seems like just busy work / stats upkeep instead of interesting choices.

Also I really don't like they Might -> Strength change. The only thing this change will do is pigeon hole people into the respective stat depending on whether they auto attack or dish out spells. Pillars 1 put a good amount of effort to eliminate this and I don't understand why they are undermining that design goal from Pillars 1.

Penetration has changed to be more granular since the beta launch:

Penetration:

Modified the Penetration system slightly, along with how Penetration displays in the mouse-over tooltip in combat.

When your Penetration is below the target's Armor, there is now a gradual reduction in damage. The current values are (and may be tweaked as we play with them a bit):
  • -1 Pen = 75% Damage
  • -2 Pen = 50% Damage
  • -3 or more Pen = 25% Damage
It's still 100% damage up until you are at double Pen, and then 130% damage from there.

I think we all expect the might -> strength change to be rolled back in some form. Come over here and share if you want to have more specific input.

spool

Oct 27, 2017
With the beta now being available for Linux, I jumped in and messed around some. It looks nice, but I hope they'll tone down some of those dynamic elements, such as water, and trees and plants swaying in the wind. Some of that stuff is out of control.

Most importantly though, unlike in PoE 1, cloaks now display. I'm very happy for that.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

For future reference, you can use the [hide] tag to, well, hide content from lurkers. Of course, there's no accounting for members who'd prefer to take a key without saying so, but at least the "Quote to reveal" requirement means only members can view them, which is better than Joe McCantbebotheredtoregister taking one and another for his friend.

On a related note, there will be a ModBot equivalent for giveaways at some point in the hopefully-not-too-distant future. It's definitely on the cards.

spool

Oct 27, 2017
This is a beta alright. Sound keeps cutting out briefly every couple of seconds, and when I reloaded a savegame the map reset, spawning enemies right on top of me.

I'll leave the testing to the people serious about actually testing. It's looking very promising though.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little worried how unsure Obsidian seem about their own mechanics. Also that the current attributes breakdown has moved ciphers from one of the best classes to one of the worst.

MisterShine

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Cleve
The release date is still aiming for Early 2018 -

If they mean March, I'm also concerned with where the beta is at now and final release. If they mean May or June (do people even release games in June...) I think that's enough time for some proper iteration.