Will Aerith survive the events of Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth?

• Aerith Dies

Votes: 665 42.8%
  • Aerith Survives

Votes: 890 57.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecha

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
#AerithLives.

I think she lives in that exact story beat, but could still die later on part III.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
What happens if they suddenly cut away as Sephiroth is falling to focus on someone somewhere else and they're like "what's happening down there? What happened to Aerith!?" and suddenly the title card comes up: "FFVII: Reunion 2026".

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
1000% dies, but they will play with expectations. The story doesn't make much sense otherwise.

Last edited:

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
Gonna go with #AerithDies on this one, I don't think they would make such a big change to the story. Could do a fake-out and then it happens a bit later, just so it's not identical to the original scene, but I have no doubt it will happen.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
What happens if they suddenly cut away as Sephiroth is falling to focus on someone somewhere else and they're like "what's happening down there? What happened to Aerith!?" and suddenly the title card comes up: "FFVII: Reunion 2026".

- If the scene ends at that very moment (Such as suddenly cutting to black and rolling the credits before anything happens) and no verdict can be determined, the results of the thread will be saved for the third FFVIIR title

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
i say based on a video i watched postulating that the whole original game was a premonition by her that she lives. i played through the whole game back then and don't remember anything in depth about the plot but that seems on par for square.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
- If the scene ends at that very moment (Such as suddenly cutting to black and rolling the credits before anything happens) and no verdict can be determined, the results of the thread will be saved for the third FFVIIR title

In that 70% unlikely scenario, the years long wait would be incredible.

#aerithdies

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
she dies in the "main" world, she survives in the one with Zack, I don't know I'm supposed to vote

IceBear

Nov 20, 2017
#AerithLives

She has to finish her story before some random ass rock from nowhere kills her.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
What if the other timeline is just lifestream purgatory? A sort of visual representation of returning to the planet

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
She dies in the main timeline, wakes up in Zach's

edit: #AerithLives .....begrudgingly

Last edited:

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I mean, isn't that what happened in the original, essentially? She's still dead in the original continuity. Just in lifestream heaven.
That's my point, I feel like if she dies and shows up with Zack, as seems likely, that she's basically dead. I don't think it's about parallel timelines really

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
That's my point, I feel like if she dies and shows up with Zack, as seems likely, that she's basically dead. I don't think it's about parallel timelines really

I guess isn't there still some things up in the air about Zack? Like he's in an alternative world or it might be just the past? I think that also might be the difference.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
That counts as her living.
Aerith "Dying" is her being straight up dead. No timeline shenanigans
To be pendactic, they aren't straight up dead in Final Fantasy VII. Aerith still helps them after she died through the lifesteam and later in Advent Children through visions she contacts Cloud, as a cetra she has power beyond death.

Pynchon

Feb 24, 2021
I just want to say that I love that this is the current zeitgeist. It's like we all collectively want revenge for what happened to Aerith back in 1997 lol. I'm eager to know how this will be managed in Rebirth.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
To be pendactic, they aren't straight up dead in Final Fantasy VII. Aerith still helps them after she died through the lifesteam and later in Advent Children through visions she contacts Cloud, as a cetra she has power beyond death.

True but you know what I mean. Her dying in the original for example wasn't "Well this is fine, she's still alive in the life stream" for example lol.
We wouldn't be here discussing if she will or won't if that was the case.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
#AerithDies, either because she insists it has to be like this to preserve the timeline or because even with the knowledge it's coming Cloud can't stop it. Either way it's more tragic

Witchcraft

"This guy are sick"
Oct 9, 2022
#AerithLives - I think they'll instead kill a different major character in her place.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sticking by my guess that someone (probably Zack) will save her at the last second but death will still come for her later like Final Destination

Muffin Awesome

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 30, 2017
#aerithdies but in a much more graphic and gut wrenching way, almost with a twist where we expect her to live and in a close up she is cut down.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
True but you know what I mean. Her dying in the original for example wasn't "Well this is fine, she's still alive in the life stream" for example lol.
We wouldn't be here discussing if she will or won't if that was the case.
There might be an ambigious ending like Aerith is seemingly killed but wakes up in Zack's world, but this place is left unanswered, potentially being a dream world in the lifestream, aka The Promised Land. Then people argue over whether the bet conditions were clear enough.

glow39

May 4, 2022
Soooo conflicted but I think I'm team #AerithLives, iconic death & all but I DO want to see her live this time and the implications in Remake/Rebirth so far are........ hopeful.

Regardless of the outcome it's super exciting to live through this kind of highly anticipated thing

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I think Aerith Dies, Zack is one of the fate ghosts, and it'll tie in that the life stream stopping sephiroth in part 3 will be the fate ghosts.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
My prediction is she lives, and Cloud takes the hit instead of her. He dies and Zack takes his place in the party.
900.png

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
#AerithLives

I would love to see whatever Part 3 is titled go COMPLETELY off the rails in terms of story and one of the fastest ways to do that is to let Aerith escape the Down Air of Doom.

SephirothDAir.gif

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not participating, but I'll be genuinely shocked if Aerith doesn't die, since the remake has been cowardly, safe, and sanitized to hell and back

Also, there's always the chance that even if she does "die", she'd return in Part 3 somehow, soooo

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I think Aerith lives, Cloud dies, but he eventually gets woken up in the comatose body Zack is carrying around in the other world (and this way we can revisit the repairing-Cloud's-memories bit that happens later in the game from a different angle)

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I think Aerith lives, Cloud dies, but he eventually gets woken up in the comatose body Zack is carrying around in the other world (and this way we can revisit the repairing-Cloud's-memories bit that happens later in the game from a different angle)

Cloud dying in his timeline but waking up in Zack's would honestly be cool as hell. And I'm sure they'll end up merging the timelines somehow to let everyone reunite.

Status
Not open for further replies.