Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Relieving news. It's a shit situation. I totally sympathize with him in that his lively hood got blown the fuck up here, and that has to hurt and make you feel completely lost. He fucked up, deserved to be called out for his behavior, and I don't think in any way he "deserves" to have continued success online. But, fucking OBVIOUSLY I don't want the dude to hurt himself.

So... Yeah, relieving news. Hope her gets the help he needs and figured out a path forward in life.

plufim

Sep 29, 2018
I personally don't even think it needs to go as far as not deserving an online career, just not one in this space.

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
Thankfully he seems to be OK. He should take a the chance for a clean break from online and gets the help he needs away from the public eye.
Apparently his Utena video got released to the public in his channel recently, hope it was a scheduled release because the last thing this whole debacle needs is a new round.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
So, uh... major development:

View: https://twitter.com/GreatCheshire/status/1788282931984617569

screencapture-twitter-Great-Cheshire-status-1788282931984617569-2024-05-08-21-05-41.png

Absolutely no words.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
I didn't want to say this at the time because this site is visited by a lot of people who've had genuine suicidal ideations and depression and didn't want to come off like a prick...but this outcome was obvious. He'd tried several different tactics to try to avoid accountability, made a bunch of different excuses and all were roundly shat upon by anyone with a brain in their head, so threatening suicide in order to silence people was his only recourse.
I mean, it wasn't really, he could've actually owned up to shit and genuinely apologised in a way that wasn't deflecting or yet another opportunity to pull the "poor me" shit, but we know he's not capable of that. The guy is an unrepentant piece of shit who doesn't care about anyone or anything but himself. He stole from people, he hurt people, he sent his fanbase after those who dared criticise him...and he's not sorry at all. He's only sorry he got caught.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
His and other sociopaths' "strength" is their lack of empathy for anyone else and feeling no shame about even the wildest lies.

So yeah, virtually nothing can be surprising. The only real surprise is seeing people like that genuinely show some introspection and behave better for years.

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
We are a come back attempt number what now?
This time he tried to be stealthy but could not help himself from puting his mug out there.
Up next James vtuber arc

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
The funniest part is how that tiktok video with a million filters has better lighting than his professional setup.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
How does this guy keep crawling back? Did the Burger King near his apartment tell him they weren't hiring?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I guess at least he didn't harm himself but boy, he couldn't even bother to make a brand new account?

Also I saw that Illuminaughtii basically stopped uploading, so all the baggage finally caught up with her I guess.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Waaaait... so is the insinuation here that he used a threat of self-harm as an opportunity to rebrand? lmao

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Waaaait... so is the insinuation here that he used a threat of self-harm as an opportunity to rebrand? lmao

Based on my read of the situation, he used the faked suicide to disappear and then IMMEDIATELY tried to resume content creation/social media activity under a fake persona that was...still basically just James.

Boylamite

Feb 12, 2019
Is that shot of the person defending him one of his sock puppets?

edit: re-read and yeah, that's really sad. And it's clear he doesn't feel bad about what he did. Dude needs to unplug and go live on a remote farm for a while

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Assuming that is all true... What an absolute piece of shit. To make everyone worry you were going to harm yourself, which resulted in attacks against HBomber and questioning the ethics of having called out the plagiarism in such a public way... All whille you social media away on your alt-account. Just, fuck you.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Wow.

I know the term sociopath gets thrown around a lot these days but I feel like this guy might have earned it.

Jan 23, 2024
This man needs serious help, an intervention, an "offline" job, and to never touch social media again. But it seems it has rotted this brain beyond repair at this point if he's truly faking suicide to rebrand his failing media critic career.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, they get 1. Im done, whether they really have serious mental health issues or not I have to disassociate entirely from this kind of shit.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is some buried lede, I never heard about that. I remember something about a message that made people think he might have, but wasn't that months ago?
He reuploaded videos written by his partner and had some videos "queued", then posted a message on his Twitter that basically implied self-harm.

Hrist

Jun 30, 2023
Of particular note is his pattern of behavior - which this is a part of - of pretending to be under mortal attack to send his fans as attack dogs against his critics. It's not even the first or second time he pulled this! A lot of really awful stuff was thrown at various people after the HB video came out, essentially blaming everyone that criticized james for the suicide attempt.

Which was faked while he posted horny on an alt. The harassment of his critics continued even after Nick already revealed that James was fine, of course.

Wonder if these fans will finally start some introspection, its sorely needed.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
This guy is out of his fucking mind. Dude needs to fall hard. Faking a suicide note? Dude's fucking evil.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I didn't want to say this at the time because this site is visited by a lot of people who've had genuine suicidal ideations and depression and didn't want to come off like a prick...but this outcome was obvious. He'd tried several different tactics to try to avoid accountability, made a bunch of different excuses and all were roundly shat upon by anyone with a brain in their head, so threatening suicide in order to silence people was his only recourse.
Honestly, same here. I had a strong feeling Somerton would try that, as unthinkably gross a move as it was. I mentioned in a previous post that he wouldn't think twice about going to truly despicable lengths to get back even a fraction of the ill-gotten income stream he was bringing in before. Because this shitty tactic of shamelessly ripping off others, often verbatim, is pretty much the one thing he knows how to do. That's the entirety of his major skillset. There's no plan B...only increasingly abhorrent variations of plan A.

plufim

Sep 29, 2018
I often think about how other prominent youtubers who describe themselves as "marketing experts" include the cinema sins guys.

Melody Shreds

Oct 25, 2017
Terminal Dogma
As someone who has made honest and emotional suicide notes more than once, which were paired with thankfully unsuccessful attempts on my own life, faking one and faking an attempt is beyond the fucking pale for me.

A plagiarist and a total piece of shit of a human being.

Of particular note is his pattern of behavior - which this is a part of - of pretending to be under mortal attack to send his fans as attack dogs against his critics. It's not even the first or second time he pulled this! A lot of really awful stuff was thrown at various people after the HB video came out, essentially blaming everyone that criticized james for the suicide attempt.

Which was faked while he posted horny on an alt. The harassment of his critics continued even after Nick already revealed that James was fine, of course.

Wonder if these fans will finally start some introspection, its sorely needed.
You make a good point. This is basically the same brigading tactic he's done before, just taken to a further extreme. Although this time, I don't think many of the people who jumped in on this were "fans" so much as they were opportunists. Folks like Peter Coffin and Metokur looking to get attention.