Oct 25, 2017
15517.gif

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
My guesses:
2- Bayonetta 2 port to Steam and PS4
3- Starfox Zero port to Steam and PS4
4- LoZ Breath of the Wild port to Steam and PS4

Aonuma: "Hey Kamiya, this is not funny. Stop being so childish and give me those BotW assets back."
Kamiya: "You have to catch me first! I'm gonna port this to every platform I'll find! Hehehe!"

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
My guesses:
2- Bayonetta 2 port to Steam and PS4
3- Starfox Zero port to Steam and PS4
4- LoZ Breath of the Wild port to Steam and PS4

Aonuma: "Hey Kamiya, this is not funny. Stop being so childish and give me those BotW assets back."
Kamiya: "You have to catch me first! I'm gonna port this to every platform I'll find! Hehehe!"

That gave me a good laugh. The mental image of Kamiya going "hehehe" is too hilarious.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Oct 31, 2017
So a new Infinite Space will be one of the Platinum 4, right? Right?

It's certainly an interesting way to build up hype, with the throwback to the "Capcom 5" and all. Hope we hear about the rest of them soon...

Is Nude Maker still a thing ?

Lmao. Already at around $500K in a few hours. I wonder why they set the bar so low at 50k?

0-50K > Gamers who jumped in were most likely interested in the NS version.
50K-250K > NS + PC and then some PS4 fans.
>250K > NS+PC+PS4+X1 enthusiasts ! :P

Isn't Bayonetta 3 a SEGA game too?

It's a Nintendo game as it's fully funded by them while the IP belongs to SEGA.

If Platinum pays the port, I mean.

The most likely port in that case would be from a SE game I feel: Nier A is a highly successful game available on everything but the Switch.

Last edited:

Jafin

May 26, 2018
Ireland

www.platinumgames.com

BAYONETTA 3 | PlatinumGames Inc. Official WebSite

The official website of PlatinumGames Inc., developer of NieR:Automata, the Bayonetta series, ASTRAL CHAIN and more! We develop games of a wide range of genres, from the Japanese fantastical combat of World of Demons to the free-form of shooting SOL CRESTA.

Sega owns the Bayonetta IP, Platinum develops the game and Nintendo funds the development and publishes the game. To what extent Nintendo funds the development though I do not know.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Easy:

1. One oh One
2. Rising 2
3. Bayonetta 3
4. Eh.......Viewtiful Joe.....4?

Feb 5, 2018
Biggest rule here is that Platinum owns NONE of the IPs they work on. They essentially contract themselves out to develop games for other companies being the action gurus they are.

The next 3 announcements can be anything from anywhere, but i i doubt other port announcements. Nintendo is a strong exception to the rule, other will advertise on their own.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
It's a Nintendo game as it's fully funded by them while the IP belongs to SEGA.
Right. I wonder tho why Nintendo isn't placed there on the credits alongside SEGA, just like with Bayonetta 2

www.platinumgames.com

The official website of PlatinumGames Inc., developer of NieR:Automata, the Bayonetta series, ASTRAL CHAIN and more! We develop games of a wide range of genres, from the Japanese fantastical combat of World of Demons to the free-form of shooting SOL CRESTA.

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
That honestly supports my argument even more lol. Its only due to Nintendo's generosity that they could do that.

I doubt the rest of the announcements will be ports as a result.

Literally none of that is platinumgames.....

I know? lmao but they worked with YT on Automata so of course people would love if they'd work with him on his other babies too as Automata was the first YT game with combat that didn't actively suck. It's not that serious, just joking around.

I feel like when Square is ready to show what's next for Nier, they're going to want the spot light to be very much on themselves and on Yoko Taro, more than letting it be part of a spotlight on Platinum. They're not going to want people thinking of what has suddenly become one of their more valuable IPs as a Platinum game rather than a Square game.

I'd guess this is new IP stuff being done at a smaller scale, since so much staff probably is on Bayonetta and on some future Nier thing, remaining projects are probably smaller.

Oh I definitely know that and genuinely don't think it's anything related to Drakenier/Yoko Taro, have just seen a lot of Drakenier fans including friends go crazy over the font seemingly looking similar to the Drakengard one which resulted in a lot of them thinking - or hoping - they'll somehow announce Drakengard 4. Drakenier are YT's babies and I'm pretty sure he'd lose his mind if he won't be able to announce anything related to those without him doing a skit lmao it's just jokes from a very desperate Drakenier fan, don't worry. I do think that whatever comes next from YT is gonna be Drakengard related to get people invested into that series too and not only NieR although I'd kill for a Gestalt/Replicant Remake coming first.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One of the games is going to be Viewtiful Joe 3 by Platinum, to be announced at the next Nintendo Direct, obviously

Oct 31, 2017
Right. I wonder tho why Nintendo isn't placed there on the credits alongside SEGA, just like with Bayonetta 2

www.platinumgames.com

Who knows ? Nobody wants to talk about that game yet lol

Probably not, I meant it in jest but I'd love to see a modern gen version of that game, we don't get too mamy space operas like that in gaming.

Probably for a reason: there's a ridiculous volume in that game and it was released on DS. Now imagine the budget needed for a new game on one or several current consoles... I don't think it sold all that well either. It's also a SEGA game but I could see them giving their blessing for that game as well.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Anyone notice that the Wonderful 101 title is now slightly visible under 1 of the 4 stars on the site? I think It says Wonderful 101, thought I saw a W and a 1.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
They would have to be wholly-owned Platinum IP, and I don't think publishers would give up anything of "value," so not Bayonetta and not any of the licenses they've worked on.

Anarchy Reigns/Madworld IP is a good possibility, doubt Sega has any use for that.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
So Platinum 4 is a porting project?

Hopefully not completely, would be nice to see a new IP or a new title.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
So Platinum 4 is a porting project?

Hopefully not completely, would be nice to see a new IP or a new title.
Definitely not, what else could they port? God Hand, Infinite Space and P.N.03 are other very small IPs that they could maybe manage to get, but I don't think they would do that, they don't care for those nearly as much as they do for TW101. Platinum 4 should be their self-published projects, with at least TW101 Remaster, Kamiya's new IP, another new IP and the fourth one we don't know.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
One of the goals of the w101 kickstarter is to be blocked on twitter by kamiya 😂🤣

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

www.platinumgames.com

It's a Nintendo game in the sense it's being published by Nintendo; it's a Sega game in the sense that Sega is the sole copyright claimant and publishing rights will therefore eventually default to it, at which point ports can be released (assuming the game sells well enough to warrant them).

Think Lego City Undercover, basically, which was released as a Wii U exclusive under Nintendo in March 2013 and went multiplatform courtesy of WB in April 2017.

Last edited:

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Didn't Platinum say they were working on new self ownes IPs? I guess at least 2 of those announcements are going to be brand new IP created by them.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a Nintendo game in the sense it's being published by Nintendo; it's a Sega game in the sense that Sega is the sole copyright claimant and publishing rights will therefore eventually default to it, at which point ports can be released (assuming the game sells well enough to warrant them).

Basically, it's a Lego City Undercover situation.
the publishing rights won't default to Sega