Oct 31, 2017
So Platinum 4 is a porting project?

Self-publishing.

It's a Nintendo game in the sense it's being published by Nintendo; it's a Sega game in the sense that Sega is the sole copyright claimant and publishing rights will therefore eventually default to it, at which point ports can be released (assuming the game sells well enough to warrant them).

Think Lego City Undercover, basically, which was released as a Wii U exclusive under Nintendo in March 2013 and went multiplatform courtesy of WB in April 2017.

Nope. As I wrote earlier, Bayo 3 is fully funded by Nintendo.

Stranger things have (or are rumored to) happen. Such as Death Stranding and Horizon Zero Dawn ports.

Those aren't Nintendo games though ! :D

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
GUYS, BELIEVE
metal-gear-rising-2-2.jpg

Jafin

May 26, 2018
Ireland
Anyone notice that the Wonderful 101 title is now slightly visible under 1 of the 4 stars on the site? I think It says Wonderful 101, thought I saw a W and a 1.

Yeah it says TW101R KS, which stands for The Wonderful 101 Remaster KickStarter. So basically that just means that they've revealed one of the four things so far.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Im pretty confident that the Platinum 4 are going to be:

-W101 kickstarter*
-Bayo 3 release date
-Babylons Fall release date
-And possibly a new Nier/Drakengard thing because of the website style.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Im pretty confident that the Platinum 4 are going to be:

-W101 kickstarter*
-Bayo 3 release date
-Babylons Fall release date
-And possibly a new Nier/Drakengard thing because of the website style.
No Babylon's Fall news until summer.
Only Square Enix would tease/reveal updates on NieR, Drakengard or Babylon's Fall. Only Nintendo for Bayonetta 3.

Platinum4 is for self-published projects.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
W101 is a game that everyone HAS to play.

It's like the Gurren Lagann of video games. The game just keep building up and when you think it's over, there's more.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guarantee you they will. Publishing rights literally always revert to the copyright holder (Alan Wake being the most recent example). It may take longer than 4 years, but it will happen.
that doesn't mean the game will go to Sega. that stays with Nintendo since it's their money

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
No way we getting anything Yoko Taro related announced by PG instead of SE, it can't be ( I am dreaming of a Nier G/R remaster/remake by them too, but no way )

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
No Babylon's Fall news until summer.
Only Square Enix would tease/reveal updates on NieR, Drakengard or Babylon's Fall. Only Nintendo for Bayonetta 3.

Platinum4 is for self-published projects.
But they cant have those games in development plus 3 new secret self published games, maybe they just add the games to the site once the publishers show off the games.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
I guarantee you they will. Publishing rights literally always revert to the copyright holder (Alan Wake being the most recent example). It may take longer than 4 years, but it will happen.

If Nintendo funded the game, then they likely have ownership of certain assets of it. Possibly the code or some of the characters.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
But they cant have those games in development plus 3 new secret self published games, maybe they just add the games to the site once the publishers show off the games.
We know they have had at least 2 new self-published IPs in development for more than 2 years and they're probably not working on NieR/Drakengard (Square Enix likely took the next Yoko Taro game in house this time since the series is now huge). Those are smaller projects tho, they obviously don't have Automata-tier budgets.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I can see one being Madworld, Anarchy Reins or both being self-published. SEGA's pretty open with letting devs port some of their stuff. Resonance of Fate being a great recent example. Unfortunately I do not see Infinite Space ever being returned to though.

I think Anarchy Reigns is pretty bad personally, but it would be interesting to see because I think the PC multiplayer community might support it pretty long term. Even better if it had new content (Maybe some The Wonderful 101 characters?) and crossplay across all platforms.

that doesn't mean the game will go to Sega. that stays with Nintendo since it's their money
Yes they will. Nintendo's money is not a magical currency that changes laws everyone else lives by.

I sort of doubt SEGA or Platinum would want to go out of their way to port it away from Nintendo though, unless it suddenly becomes a huge brand for some reason.

Oct 31, 2017
500K for just a Time Attack mode sounds pretty ridiculous.

The 2D game starring Luka sounds good though but... 1.5 million, really ?

And yeah, pretty weird how there's still no X1 stretch goal.

Their stretch goals post-PS4 version are pretty bad.

Oct 25, 2017
How big is platinum now? I know they are doing the guns for hire approach for developing... but they have so many projects.

1) They did work on that granblue game
2) Bayo 3 (still no info)
3) Babylons Fall
4) W101 remaster

and now potentially 3 more projects?

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
So expecting this to be a daily thing? Next one tomorrow?
I hope it is, weekly or even worse monthly would kill me.

How big is platinum now? I know they are doing the guns for hire approach for developing... but they have so many projects.

3) Babylons Fall
4) W101 remaster

They stopped working on Granblue like a year ago

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017

3) Babylons Fall
4) W101 remaster

They're pretty big, but I doubt they're big enough to have six projects going with firm release dates for them. I'd guess at least one more of the 4 is a game we've seen before, probably Bayo 3.

There's nothing stopping Nintendo from revealing it in a Direct and PG adding it to the site afterward. Same could apply to anything.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
They've already revealed Bayo 3 and Babylon's Fall. It's highly unlikely it's either of these. it's more likely just smaller projects. Or stuff that's further out.

Last edited:

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

3) Babylons Fall
4) W101 remaster

—It always seems like Platinum is working on a million things at once. Some people wonder if there are multiple teams working on different projects in a similar way to how Square Enix has a team in Tokyo and a team in Osaka.

Kamiya:
"We don't have any specially divided teams per se. We have about 220 people in our Osaka office and we may divide people up to work on different tasks or projects."

www.gematsu.com

The Wonderful 101: Remastered announced for Switch, PS4, and PC with Kickstarter campaign

PlatinumGames has launched a Kickstarter campaign to bring a remastered version of the August 2013-released Wii U title The Wonderful 101 to multiple platforms.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah shit, Dangen is involved in this one? I kinda want to back it but hate to support some scummy people

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. As I wrote earlier, Bayo 3 is fully funded by Nintendo.
Technically they are right, whereas Bayonetta 2 is © Nintendo, Bayo3 is © SEGA on Platinum website
www.platinumgames.com

BAYONETTA 3 | PlatinumGames Inc. Official WebSite

The official website of PlatinumGames Inc., developer of NieR:Automata, the Bayonetta series, ASTRAL CHAIN and more! We develop games of a wide range of genres, from the Japanese fantastical combat of World of Demons to the free-form of shooting SOL CRESTA.

But considering how early in development Bayo 3 is (or at least was when they put online the website), I wouldn't read too much into it.