pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a Chicken Dinner in my first solo ... I'm officially better at the mobile version than the PC.

It is my pleasure to burst some bubbles here...

The game populates matches with a lot of bots, especially when you are new. According to the developer it is done intentionally to allow you to get kills and make you feel good. I don't think hard numbers are available, but in my estimation it was about 90% bots in early games. As you level up it starts matching you up with mostly humans.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

The game populates matches with a lot of bots, especially when you are new. According to the developer it is done intentionally to allow you to get kills and make you feel good. I don't think hard numbers are available, but in my estimation it was about 90% bots in early games. As you level up it starts matching you up with mostly humans.

That's interesting. I wonder how capable the bot AI is?

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

that makes sense.
Doesn't contradict that I'm still likely better at mobile than PC, if only because others aren't used to controls yet!

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Just played a match.

Shockingly solid version. Like, I could see myself playing this now and then. The controls are kinda crazy but about as good as you could expect from a touch screen. Ran alright on my Nexus 6P (30fps), but when driving I got a fair amount of frame drops.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I've been downloading for 3 hours and is at 77% on a fiber connection. I might as well finish it now, but I think I'm just gonna download it for my iPad Pro when I get home.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Plays like a dream on my S8+. Enabling gyro and turning the sensitivity up makes the game so much more playable than having to aim with the touch screen. I kinda want this to drop on the app store so I can play on my iPad, I barely play games on my phone because of how much battery this type of games need.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
I just played a match. It's pubg. It's pretty goddamn impressive this is a cell phone game.

But I don't think it's suited that well for mobile. Matches should be half as long at least.

McDomination

Banned
Dec 6, 2017

It may not be a Chicken Dinner, but these Chicken McNuggets still taste better than nothing!..... :-(

Samsquanchewans

User Permed at their request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#NOTJAPAN
K so, this actually plays well goddamn gonna try and pair it up with a DualShock 4 later on the Sony Xperia Performance see how it goes.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. It's going a little faster now but seems to be maxed out at around 75KB/s.

I don't know if it'll work for you or if feasible but I switched off my WiFi and used 4G to download it... my speed went quite a bit faster but I think it's pretty easy to tell that the thing that was slowing my speeds to 20-30KB/s is Comcast "totally not throttling" that connection. Even my 4G connection was throttled but 10x faster than my 250Mbps internet was downloading it.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Took me like a minute to hit this guy lol. And some of the bots just aimlessly run to the water when they got nothing equipped, makes no sense.

screenshot_20180315-1bsskb.png

Anyway, this plays and control really well on a touch screen. It's literally PUBG in mobile format. It's playable on my Huawei P9 Lite but I rather play it on my iPad Pro. Is it out on the Canadian App Store yet?

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Made it to 5th my first round. Died outside the PlayZone thanks to my motorcycle deciding it wanted to start flipping uncontrollably, but I got three kills beforehand. Runs on High on my S8. Very smooth experience that I never expected.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Impressive for a game on phones, but holy hell does that water look like the most absolute trash. I guess transparency is an issue on phones?

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I've uploaded the xApk(700MB) to Google Drive as quite a few people are having terrible speeds downloading it. If you want the link just PM me. If this is against the rules(although I don't think it is, I'm just re-hosting the file), just tell me.

ReubyJuice

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton, AB
Surprised by all the reports that it runs really well, I wasn't going to bother with this but now I'll have to give it a go. Only thing that concerns me is how small my screen is (Galaxy S8) but is it fairly easy to spot people even on smaller screens?

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Played a couple games on my S8 and it runs fine but it's too small of a screen and I found the aiming way too finicky. Had a good streak where I killed four or five people one after another during a big gunfight, but aside from that I didn't find it much fun.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying hard for a chicken dinner since launch on PC and still haven't gotten anything to eat. On mobile I ended up in #21 with terrible bots even. I'll forever suck. I even ended my days by getting driven over by somebody on a motorbike dammit.

Deleted member 21124

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Having way more fun with this than I thought I would. Won my second game. Just wish the Moto Gamepad would work.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I tried downloading from one site and it said I hadn't purchased the game. APKPure is taking forever...

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying hard for a chicken dinner since launch on PC and still haven't gotten anything to eat. On mobile I ended up in #21 with terrible bots even. I'll forever suck. I even ended my days by getting driven over by somebody on a motorbike dammit.
Play it on PC with an emulator using KB+M. It's cheating basically, but you'll win lol
(don't do this

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
So I am a noob with this type of stuff, I have an X1 controller, PS4 controller and a Shield TV controller. How can I get any of these to work with Android and this game? without rooting of course.

Only played one game, enjoyed it even though the shooting is horrible. Got 10th overall and died because I couldn't make it to the blue safe zone :/

Edit: I wonder if I can install this on the ShieldTV instead.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10549

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I managed to download this and play two rounds. It works suprisingly good on low end phone ( Xiaomi Redmi 4X). I played first game solo, the enemies were obviously bots. One time when I noticed a bot, it immediately did 180 and started shooting me. For the second game I picked squads so huge lag kicked in. I was playing from Europe, so I was expecting some lags, but not to this degree. I even had situations where my squadmates were standing still for up to 20-30 seconds. The game is alright on mobile, but I will wait for EU release.

So I am a noob with this type of stuff, I have an X1 controller, PS4 controller and a Shield TV controller. How can I get any of these to work with Android and this game? without rooting of course.

Those controllers should work natively on Android. Just pair it with your phone and it should work.

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I got 10 kills and chicken dinner in my first match. It was quite easy, I'm pretty sure all my opponents were bots, because they were running like headless chickens and when they tried to shoot me they didn't even hit me.
It ran pretty well on my Oneplus 3. Though it sucks that Oneplus doesn't natively support Dualshock 4 controllers over bluetooth, so I had to use touch screen. Still touch screen control scheme was playable, not great, but playable.

While touch screen control scheme was fine, it was somewhat uncomfortable to my fingertips, because my phone touch screen got hot to the point it was slightly hurting my fingertips. That can't be normal, or is it? I dunno, because I don't really play mobile games.