• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Looks like PUBG mobile will be making its way to the west.
Starting with Canada PlayStore (Appstore to follow shortly after, later today I assume)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tencent.ig

Edit: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/pubg-mobile/id1330123889?mt=8

hW5nJObW0JNM_Ub5tYLDDcjgDwSd5ok_0oGGIscNfq91wb32LmDhChPcKb7jYJ6JMkM=h310-rw

MAwJx4YnzzeS5WYiQkN7g7TiCUXQ9lx0h52R_txyKlMFVrfaxoVnEVYAW3eS-4-dlCs=h900-rw

1z4z0DyLfWzqLMZ4xs20_s2IW_wZ-HeLgDrjFd8xnCJVv87SOhGiSzaTNkwb04RLpw=h900-rw

hmbLGZ3NbMl3f1nOtFOs75xsJEgSzSGywNO_l4l77Bk4-PrAta5WfHi7IcD8DY7L5ktl=h900-rw

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGMobile/comments/84kj5k/pubg_mobile_canada_version_is_released/

Last edited:

Sylverstone

Nothing amazing happens here.
Oct 24, 2017
New York City
Tencent are really some mobile wizards. Never expected the full-fat experience of PUBG to be distilled in mobile form - compromises in quality notwithstanding.

Also, I'll take a stab in the dark and say that Fortnite's mobile version has been lighting a fire under their asses.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit wasn't expecting west version. This thing will make PUBG reach like 7 million concurrent total soon enough. Very smart to pump this out before Fortnite.

Legitmcfalls

Oct 25, 2017
Waterloo Ontario
Just played a quick match, got my first ever pubg kill and you know what it wasnt half bad on mobile. Ran well on my Xperia and touch controls weren't too bad like most mobile shooters Imo.

Also I like how after Drake playing Fortnite on Twitch, Pubg has to release the mobile pubg in Canada first. Clearly its a battle for the Canadian market.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
.... Well downloading.
Naturally days after I get the Chinese version, lol

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Sounds like Arena of Valor was so successful that they are going to publish more of their titles worldwide.

By the way, this is the game developed by Tencent LightSpeed. The other game was by Tencent TIMI.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Solo and Duo modes are currently locked, and only Squads are playable... hm..

Squad I was matched with just got second place, 'cause the winner had the circle and a house to hide in D=

Last edited:

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I have an LG G4 and am really rather surprised at how well this plays on it.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Usually this would have take a while to come out in the west - but the battle for mindshare with Fortnite probably resulted in releasing this as soon as possible.

Interested to see how both games will peform on mobile in the west.

This game isn't mainstream... where's the Fortnite apk?
One of the most popular games today isn't mainstream??

And info about Fortnite here. iOS invites will be soon out and Android will be later.

This versions looks surprisingly good on Mobile.
It really is amazing how much phones are able to carry the core experiences of these big titles over to the mobile handspace. With help from UE4, ofcourse.

Now that ARK is also coming to phones, i guess the big 3 of multiplayer games (PUBG, Fortnite, ARK) are having mobile versions coming up.

I'm using APKPure to download it, ~700MB.
I tried this aswell but was met with a 2 hour download :/ So ill just wait till it goes live on the Play Store.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Have an LG G3 and its alright on the lowest settings. Won first game so its not the worst.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game is really good. It has a lot of stuff that the main game doesn't have. Distances to markers, daily rewards/challenges, shooting range, limited time custom game modes. I am considering buying an ipad mini just to play this version.

Oct 26, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone with the APK have the ability to upload it somewhere that's not the slowest (google drive or mega?)

If this is against the rules apologies, let me know and I will remove.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was there any signs it would be China only?

I thought it soft launched in China first because a Chinese company made it.

I wouldn't call it a "soft launch" considering there were 75 million pre-registrations between the two versions that came out. I think it came out in China first because that's the biggest market for the game.

It may have been their plan to launch it elsewhere shortly after, or it may be because of the fortnite mobile announcement. Who cares? We get to play the game without having to guess what the squiggles on various buttons mean.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got a Chicken Dinner in my first solo ... I'm officially better at the mobile version than the PC.