• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can we get this thread combined with the PS4 one since we will all be playing together soon and we are getting updates at the same time?

The new updated Erengel is out on both consoles now along with the new season pass!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I figured I'd check out the state of the game, first time I do so in many months now.

I think I gave up on the possibility this will be a smooth, polished game experience at any point of its life cycle. The menus are a lagfest on X, and the game decides to put me on NA servers claiming not enough people play the game in my region, Europe. Hard to believe but it is what it is. Matchmaking takes anywhere from 5 seconds to 5+ minutes, it's a dice roll basically. Even if you put performance mode, the framerate is nowhere near 60fps and it still has tons of drops, stutters, freezes, sometimes up to like a second even. ADS still feels laggy and unprecise, and again there's often a little frame loss when snapping from one mode to another. Parachuting and swimming are still janky as before, so is encountering slopes. Audio still goes from pixel perfect location of your enemy to random noises you can't hear for shit, and footsteps still come and go. Having separate playlists for Erangel and one with all new maps means 90% of the players don't want those maps, so finding matches on those becomes a lot harder.

There's some QoL changes I appreciated like the auto-equip attachments or some map improvements, but overall the game still feels as janky and unpolished as it did in its Game Preview state. The new assets look slightly better, but there's still texture load issues, pop-up and so on. But I'm glad that between all that they managed to add half a dozen ways to monetize the game, like an awkward battle pass system and such. Crossplay should at least make some of the less populated areas and modes feel more lively again, but when people in this very board said the game got drastically better, I expected more than some random QoL stuff. Movement, shooting, menus, and most game mechanics still feel extremely janky even when they work ideally, and performance is still not sufficient. Jumping to this from any other semi-competent battle royale game is going from Forza Horizon 4 on Xbox One X to Crash Time on X360.

Crash_time_screen.jpg

And it's not even about the graphics, it's about how nearly everything in this game feels unfinished, laggy, slow, clunky. I could live with it when no other competent BR was around (Fortnite BR at launch was insanely boring), but just about anybody figured out how to do these games right by now, and yet this one remains in a state that does not resemble a game past its 1.0 at all. I've had so many great memories with this game, but at no point I imagined it would still be in such a state after almost 2 years on Xbox. I might try it again in a while again but if this is the pace they improve the core gameplay, it might take them years to go anywhere near what other BR games are currently doing, let alone what they'll be doing then.

A shame, really. I keep coming back to this game and walking away disappointed.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
Bless you IbizaPocholo for keeping this thread alive.
👍

www.pubg.com

Console Update 6.2 – Patch Notes

Added to patch notes on March 11: Added a dev note under Cross Party Play Added Sound section Removed Parachute Follow section due to the feature being temporarily disabled due…

Yeah, you're doing good work!

Cant believe how long since it came out...feels like only yesterday.
👍

Last edited:

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn sounds like a massive update. Seems kinda late. The mobile port feels way more polished compared to playing it on my base Xbox one

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I've been in the "I'll believe when I see it" camp. Every now and then turn on the game, realize it's still a jankfest with poor framerate, and move on to something else. Game is turning 3 years old this year and we're long past the so called stable 1.0, so really no excuses anymore.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed the language of the update. Sounded genuine rather than the usual anonymised , marketing speak of "hearing" players and "acting on community feedback".

Have not really played the game for some time but was super proud of my chicken dinners at the time.

I hope they can keep pushing and it gets to be a better game.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
arstechnica.com

Xbox Series X hands-on: The big back-compat dive begins [Updated]

Xbox Quick Resume impresses. Plus: New controller, auto-HDR, venting holes, and more.

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds
: The power proposition of Xbox Series X is only topped by this game's famously troublesome port to consoles, so the short answer here is... PUBG is still unstable (just like on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4). But Series X throws a new wrinkle into the mix: an inability to lock to a consistent frame rate peak, even in spite of its setting menus advertising "vsync" to cap the frame rate and prevent frametime spikes. Thanks to the power of Series X, this PUBG port can sometimes jump to 60fps, but it doesn't do so consistently.

Thus, playing this game is mostly an exercise in watching jumps from 60fps to 30fps and back, along with a spare few spikes beneath the 30fps threshold. Curiously, performance on Series X appears to be identical between both available modes: "performance" (close to 1080p) and "quality" (close to 2160p), so you may as well take the pixels. Ultimately, even with the hitches between 30 and 60fps, Series X performance is still a clear win compared to One X.

Unclebenny

Oct 28, 2017
I actually just started to get back into this and have relaised I am terrible at it, as with so many other things.

It's a shame to see that I rarely get a full 100 people in a match these days. Seems to average out about 60 odd. I don't get much time to play these days though.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually more drawn in by the smaller new map. I should give this another shot this weekend.
Yes Heaven is a great map. My squad that I normally run with used to go straight to the steel mills get all our gear and get to the roof but now we go gor the red light buildings to get the level 3 gear. My go to weapon layout is a fully kit vector and a fully kit kar98.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is it going to be considered spam if I reply in this thread? Isn't this the PUBG OT? Does noone play it anymore on EU?

Just started playing again and solo is becoming boring.

Unclebenny

Oct 28, 2017
Is it going to be considered spam if I reply in this thread? Isn't this the PUBG OT? Does noone play it anymore on EU?

I got back into earlier this year (after secureing a series S, that made the whole thing perform SO much better) but evolving child sleep situation mean I have no time to dedicate to it at the moment. It's still great though.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017

I throw it on occasionally.

I also throw it on for after pub entertainment even if no one wants to play and hit spectate when we die.

Say what you want about the various battle royale games. Nothing beats PUBG as a spectator sport.

EU

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Man I can't believe how much I played this and now never even have it installed.

I'd kill for a version built/ported as slick as Apex et al in terms of performance, retaining the slower pace and themes.