• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shirosaki

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. This patch for me on the X feels like the game is much much smoother with this new patch, 3 games with no rubber banding at all. Even on the island.

Might be placebo effect but I felt like my shots were hitting more frequently now too. About rage quit after a damn buggy ran me over after getting an AK and a UMP with 4x scope.

On to the next round!

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Noticeable improvement after this new patch, but they fucked with the control mapping a bit. Y button doesn't seem to scroll through weapons completely anymore?

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Went from having a night with 20+ kills to a night with only 1 kill, realised I had my Sony X90 set to cinema mode, that added latency out of game mode is no joke.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
The alternate controls are appreciated but I think I'm going to stick with the default controls. Holding LB while also needing to hold LT and maybe clicking the left stick to lean is just too awkward.

What sensitivities do you guys play at? I'm always default. I'm I doing it wrong?

My deadzone is default, all sensitivity is 4, and the aim acceleration is set to 0. Feels much better now for me. Even with acceleration at 0, there is still some acceleration.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
P18c has been here all along but it always looked like the P92 or whatever so I never picked it up.

Full auto is niiiiiiice

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
The alternate controls are appreciated but I think I'm going to stick with the default controls. Holding LB while also needing to hold LT and maybe clicking the left stick to lean is just too awkward.

My deadzone is default, all sensitivity is 4, and the aim acceleration is set to 0. Feels much better now for me. Even with acceleration at 0, there is still some acceleration.

10 is no acceleration (instantly max speed). 0 for Aim Accel (in this game) is just the lowest time before the acceleration kicks in.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Is the audio the exact same on PC, because wow it's bad.

Just had a guy shooting at me from probably 20 feet away and I couldn't tell which direction it was coming from, and that's with a headset.

Oct 28, 2017
Is there anyway at all to tell where I'm being shot from?

If I get shot in other shooters the blood mark on the screen will appear in the direction the bullet come from (for example if I'm shot in the back the blood will show at the bottom of the screen) but with this game the blood seems to cover all corners and I have absolutely no idea where I was shot or where the bullet come from.

Lyriell

Oct 27, 2017
Something with cars has changed. Had two tires go out since the patch and my car has flipped like it was made of rubber.

Guess they are trying to debuff them

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Is there anyway at all to tell where I'm being shot from?

If I get shot in other shooters the blood mark on the screen will appear in the direction the bullet come from (for example if I'm shot in the back the blood will show at the bottom of the screen) but with this game the blood seems to cover all corners and I have absolutely no idea where I was shot or where the bullet come from.

From what I can tell, not really. The visual feedback and audio design for the shooting is genuinely terrible in my opinion. Like, I can maybe work it out after someone has been shooting for a while but if someone fires a couple shots at me and I don't know where it's from already then I just keep moving because I'm not going to be able to pinpoint them.

Doesn't seem like I'm the only one that has this issue either as a good amount of the time I shoot someone they have no clue where it's coming from. The audio portion needs some serious work.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
10 is no acceleration (instantly max speed). 0 for Aim Accel (in this game) is just the lowest time before the acceleration kicks in.

Cool thanks, that makes a lot more sense.

From what I can tell, not really. The visual feedback and audio design for the shooting is genuinely terrible in my opinion. Like, I can maybe work it out after someone has been shooting for a while but if someone fires a couple shots at me and I don't know where it's from already then I just keep moving because I'm not going to be able to pinpoint them.

Doesn't seem like I'm the only one that has this issue either as a good amount of the time I shoot someone they have no clue where it's coming from. The audio portion needs some serious work.

Are you playing with a surround sound headset? Not sure if it's still the case but stereo was the suggested audio setting to use on the PC so that's how I've been playing on the Xbox.

Oct 26, 2017
New aim settings are a godsend. I hope they port them to PC, I want a different button and both to act as holds not toggles. Thumb mouse is perfect for the 3rd person ADS since I usually do melee there and this game doesn't have dedicated melee button anyway. Only one crash in my party tonight. Frame rate drops too much when the shit really hits the fan but it does seem better overall.

Got 4 squad dinners in a row, can't complain too much.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I just bought this on an impulse after playing a fun Fortnite match (which usually bores me).

I regretted the purchase immediately, it's unplayable. I'm surprised to see it was apparently even worse before some patch.

Playing one Xbox One X, I can't imagine how broken it is on vanilla.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
I just bought this on an impulse after playing a fun Fortnite match (which usually bores me).

I regretted the purchase immediately, it's unplayable. I'm surprised to see it was apparently even worse before some patch.

I'm interested in your thoughts. What exactly is unplayable?

I come from a solid 60 on a gaming laptop at Ultra settings. Not really noticed any "unplayability", just jank, and if your first experience was after today's update I definitely want to hear what went so bad to have you label it unplayable.

Oct 25, 2017
Is the audio the exact same on PC, because wow it's bad.

Just had a guy shooting at me from probably 20 feet away and I couldn't tell which direction it was coming from, and that's with a headset.

This hasn't been my experience. I'm playing with a receiver and dedicated 7.2.2 speaker setup though. I hear directional info just fine and have found it to be excellent in this game.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Pistol equiping to up, and the controller style B are great additions!

After playing a few fpp games, I think tpp is more my style.

Really enjoying this game, and I've yet to have a freeze or crash

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
Why is this game so fun? Why? This is a game I normally wouldn't like but I am in LOVE with this game. Can't stop till I get that chicken dinner.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm interested in your thoughts. What exactly is unplayable?

I come from a solid 60 on a gaming laptop at Ultra settings. Not really noticed any "unplayability", just jank, and if your first experience was after today's update I definitely want to hear what went so bad to have you label it unplayable.
Speaking for myself, the game still drops to 20 fps and seemingly below and it feels awful at that point. It doesn't feel amazing at 30. Fortnite was as bad or worse on base hardware (the X patch from what I saw was a pretty solid 30 with nice resolution in the BR mode). So, I can't fault him for hating it on first try. It's not just jank that is gonna get people down. But, it's such a better designed game than Fortnite BR, I'd say stick with it and hope they can make some more significant strides especially regarding the frame rate. I don't know how it's holding up on base hardware. It was a complete nightmare there but it seems like my squadmates aren't crashing nearly as much as they used to at least.

As for sound... It's actually pretty good. If you can't tell where bullets are coming from, it's by design and you need to learn how the sound system works. Generally the last thing you hear is the actual gunshot, that will point you in the correct direction. Before you hear that though you may hear the bullet hitting near you, which gives you a pretty random and meaningless direction, and you may hear a whizz/crack of the shot passing by, which is going to be 90 degrees off from the source of the bullet. You have to solve a little puzzle based on the sounds, and perhaps puffs of dirt getting kicked up around you (the slope of the terrain may clue you in as well) to figure out where shots are coming from. If there are a lot of shots coming from multiple sources you're just going to be in trouble because you're going to be hearing shit everywhere, but that's not bad sound, that's life! (or most likely the end of your PUBG life anyway)

And unlike the PC version, the sound the Xbox puts out in 5.1 at least (to MixAmp virtualized surround in my case) distinguishes fine between sounds in front of and behind me.

FamousLastX

Oct 25, 2017
Pistol equiping to up, and the controller style B are great additions!

After playing a few fpp games, I think tpp is more my style.

Really enjoying this game, and I've yet to have a freeze or crash
Definitely the best parts of the update for me. Haven't really noticed it running much smoother on the S, but I actually hang on to pistols now when I get two other weapons. I had gotten used to not holding LT for ADS but it just feels so much better being able to hold it now and keep consistent with almost every other shooter out there.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely not unplayable after the new patch. Sorry.

I hope he comes back and explains why he thinks it's unplayable. I've found it completely playable since launch, buggy for sure, but playable. It's gotten better every week since then too.

I had one crash last night on my X while I was checking inventory but otherwise it was smooth sailing.

Draughn

Oct 29, 2017
Redmond, WA
I hope he comes back and explains why he thinks it's unplayable. I've found it completely playable since launch, buggy for sure, but playable. It's gotten better every week since then too.

I had one crash last night on my X while I was checking inventory but otherwise it was smooth sailing.
Yea, I wish they'd fix the inventory bug, for sure. It played really smooth last night, almost unbelievably so. There's still some hitch in its gitty up when there's a lot of people around but it's definitely playable.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta

Considering you weren't going to get it until it was solid 60 fps, I'm curious what you expected?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Just noticed the game had been updated again. Great changes in this update! Sticking pistols on up is superb.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an issue with the servers right now?

Took few weeks off to wait for patches and I've heard great things, bit can't even load into game keep getting errors or just spinning loading icon. On XB X if you that makes difference

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
Last nights patch has been glorious. Everything seems so snappy, even the menus. The skydive in has been improved drastically, and I got zero rubberbanding. Playing on the X. I still prefer the original controls though.

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Last nights patch has been glorious. Everything seems so snappy, even the menus. The skydive in has been improved drastically, and I got zero rubberbanding. Playing on the X. I still prefer the original controls though.

Yeah everything feels a lot better. Controls too. I can finally get kills.

Deschain

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

What makes this unplayable for you? I'm honestly interested as I've been playing since day 1 on both X(lounge) and vanilla(bedroom) and whilst not perfect i'd never call it unplayable.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017

Agree. The latest patch really improved things. Just had a game with the most kills for me, which was 5. Normally I only get 2-3 kills. 4 out 5 were with guns and one with a vehicle. Still no chicken dinner, but game seems a bit more stable and aiming and being able to land shots has improved. Have no clue what that guy above is talking when he says unplayable. Unless he had a one off and it ran really bad, but with this latest patch it seems better. Still a ways to go, but love the steady improvements.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

If you have turtle beaches or something like them you should always have an idea where you're getting shot at. I'm happy there isn't a visual que as it makes being set up and or taking risks much more integral to the game. Yesterday in my first game I ended up winning in duos specifically because of three separate instances of using my headset to locate people shooting at us.

What a bunch of hyperbolic bs.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never been so pissed at someone online as much as I was yesterday. Was playing squad with some randoms and was having a decent conversation with a teammate.and halfway though the game I asked him to cover me as I revived someone. The guy back stabbed me and shot me while I was reviving him. Then he started laughing his ass off and quitter. The first time ever in my life that this shit bothered the hell out of me.