Draughn

Oct 29, 2017
Redmond, WA
It's not getting outshot, though, it's input lag and lack of auto aim causing aiming to be too unwieldy. I also haven't quite gotten down shooting at a distance. Shot at a guy dead on with a crossbow (I ran out of everything else) from 30 feet and didn't hit him.

Turning sensitivity down has helped, but the odd aiming just keeps me from winning battles I know I should win. I'll keep working at it.
It's definitely a challenge, but it's not impossible. I have gotten a lot better at shooting as I've played, and I like that the skill ceiling is high. It also makes each encounter unique, and frightening.

If you add auto-aim, you'll have people scanning the fields, windows, horizon, etc for that little bit of magnetism. That's a whole lot less fun than putting in the time to get the aiming down. I recommend trying out the control settings that are mentioned on this thread. They help.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
I really hate getting in a car. I never know when to get out. Feels like I'm a sitting duck whenever I stop. Of course the minute I stop I always get shot so not like the fear is unwarranted.

GoldenKings

Oct 28, 2017
What the point of waiting? If you want to play it buy it.

Other things to play and limited time to play them in. If it's in a poor state I'd rather just wait for them to patch it.
It plays just find for me on the S, the menu, lobby, and parachuting are a little janky but once in the match it is fine

Thanks for the reply. Yeah whenever I watch videos it seems the parachuting is really janky. Probably because of all the geometry being on screen at once. Might as well jump in. Even if I'm not too happy I can just sit on it till a few more patches. I only have three weeks to cram as much gaming in till it's back to the grind lol.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Thankfully Microsoft was able to give me a refund for this game. A game released even in early access that is in this state is unforgiveable first few games seemed poorly optimized but enjoyable. Then the game started crashing and really chugging at random times. This could be a fun game one day but there are already alternatives that perform better.

How did you get a refund? I tried and they declined it. Salty Ramen got a refund as well but they flat out said no to me when I asked. I would kill to never have spent that $30 on this game. Really irks me and normally I don't care about that kind of stuff.....This one just really really pisses me off.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
How did you get a refund? I tried and they declined it. Salty Ramen got a refund as well but they flat out said no to me when I asked. I would kill to never have spent that $30 on this game. Really irks me and normally I don't care about that kind of stuff.....This one just really really pisses me off.

Well, what did you except?

You would think that at least people from here would know what they get with A) An early access game and B) with PUBG. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Everyone knows, that even if it runs like shit now, patches will come, maybe weekly, maybe every few days and it will get better and better over time, so why not just wait?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a #2 place just now, 2nd time I get it besides the two wins. Enemy was uphill behind a tree, I was below behind the rock. I was looking for him but he never came down the hill, yet somehow he got behind me and killed me. No idea wtf was that. Hopefully no foul play involved because that was fishy af.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
All we need is Salty Hippo to chime in for the trifecta.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Well, what did you except?

You would think that at least people from here would know what they get with A) An early access game and B) with PUBG. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Everyone knows, that even if it runs like shit now, patches will come, maybe weekly, maybe every few days and it will get better and better over time, so why not just wait?

I actually just now got the refund after trying again. The rep was actually 100% sympathetic and agreed with my reasons for wanting the refund.

ibu

Oct 28, 2017
Well I'm now on board. It's downloaded to my Xbox and I'm more than happy to wait out on any updates. Some interesting insights here good and bad, and hopefully the devs will see some of the comments for positive criticism and make the necessary changes to the game.

I may pop on later after MOTD and give it a wee runabout. I'm pretty certain it'll be janky as heck, but it's still early days and it's a low price point for entry so I'm more than ok with that.

Onwards and upwards ay?

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I actually just now got the refund after trying again.

Congrats. Maybe you can hop back when we see a full release or maybe try the PC version?

The rep was actually 100% sympathetic and agreed with my reasons for wanting the refund.

Yeah, i wouldn't look too much into this. I respond to customer complaints daily in the leisure and tourism sector and we're trained to 'get on the customers level' .I always act sympathetic to customers, even when i think their argument is petty.

Last edited:

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So if you have the chat pad btw you can use it in the game lol

R reloads, M opens the map, if you hit O it opens the options and you can see the graphic settings like on PC but cant alter them.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Congrats. Maybe you can hop back when we see a full release or maybe try the PC version?

Yeah, i wouldn't look too much into this. I respond to customer complaints daily in the leisure and tourism sector and we're trained to 'get on the customers level' .I always act sympathetic to customers even when i think they're argument is petty.

I will 100% absolutely give this game another look when it's in better shape. I have no issue with the idea of the game, I just personally felt like I got scammed with this level of quality. Have fun guys. I wish I had a better experience with PUBG but there's always the final release for that, I guess. Happy holidays to all you dudes and see you around.

wubbyz

Oct 27, 2017
question for x owners how frequently are you crashing during matchs? I notice most of my crashs on the s occur wheb driving to a different part of the island.

borges

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Argentina
question for x owners how frequently are you crashing during matchs? I notice most of my crashs on the s occur wheb driving to a different part of the island.

im getting a crash every 6 or 7 rounds. Actually is quite random, sometimes driving a motorcycle, others in a house, etc. Luckily, every time that happened, I was in the circle and no one killed me.

Deleted member 8777

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Literally never when I'm driving. In fact I've only had one crash so far on launch day. I watch several streamers who play on the X and they never had a single crash. It's dumb.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
I have an x. Out of about 20 matches mixed solo and duo and i have experienced 1 crash. Where it went back to dash. Had to restart game and load back in

ryllix

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Have you ever requested a refund before. This is only the second refund I've ever requested and they told me if I request any more they might be declined. I used chat support though. Sounded like it depends on your refund history.

Draughn

Oct 29, 2017
Redmond, WA
Can we get refund thread? I'm not gonna argue that anyone should be pleased by the performance, but acting like we had the wool pulled over our eyes is a little extreme. I would kill for someone to do a little research before a purchase. If you were on the fence, you should've waited for the trial. No one forced you to buy the preview on release day.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Can we get refund thread? I'm not gonna argue that anyone should be pleased by the performance, but acting like we had the wool pulled over our eyes is a little extreme. I would kill for someone to do a little research before a purchase. If you were on the fence, you should've waited for the trial. No one forced you to buy the preview on release day.

If you read any of the earlier posts I made you'd see that I fully accepted it was my fault for buying this game in the current state it's in. That's my fuck up and I regretted it the minute I parachuted out of my first airplane. Truthfully, I didn't know it was possible for games this gen to be previewed in this shitty of a state - and I've been playing games for well over 20 years now. I wasn't on the fence. I actually was very much looking forward to diving into this game. My "research" was based off trusting the hype from the PUBG PC community, that claimed for the better half of 2017, that this game was essentially the second coming of Christ and that it was unstoppable. I've been watching this game for many, many months and assumed that the level of quality was such that for Microsoft to even consider charging $30 to anyone to try the game that it would be at a quality level that was acceptable. Unfortunately, it's not. It's nowhere near the level of quality that I've come to expect from my current gen gaming experiences.

Edited: Grammar

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Although i do somewhat agree that Salty AF was harsh on the game when he was to blame for not making an informed decision, the guy already got a refund and said his farewells.

I've been called into work tonight to help with an incident (its 1am UK time here) I will probably get done at 3am and give this a go for a couple of hours on the NA server. iv'e had two chicken dinners and only just found out today that you can press LB to steady your aim, so it will be interesting to see how this effects my progress.

Do we know when the game resets the crates to their original value? I'm sat on 3500 credits but iv'e already opened 2 and don't want to spend more this week.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Got 4th place with five kills, and once again, goofed around and got killed in the final elimination. Close range with shotguns seems to be my ideal scenario. I was careful to control which encounters I bothered with, but that round felt really "on" for me.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Loving this game, but getting tired of the game crashing on me. It's been dropping about a quarter of the games. It's great that they let you join the match again, but most of the time I'm dead by the time I get back in.

ryllix

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We also shouldn't pretend like other preview games are released in this state. I bought elite dangerous day one on preview and it was completely acceptable. A few minor frame rate hiccups but the game worked 90% perfectly. We shouldn't excuse a game releasing like this with no demo. Regardless of what they claim, a demo would clearly hinder sales. This shouldn't be disregarded as the developer has made other odd comments lately regarding laws protecting his game from competitors.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
The "textures still loading" thing when you first land after diving out of the plane is pretty funny sometimes. Earlier I had a match where I landed on the roof of the school, the textures were all blurry and melty and I basically sunk into the roof up to my character's waist. I was able to loot a gun on the roof while I basically swam around in the texture, until it finished loading, at which point my character was stuck in the floor from the waist down and was kind of just spazzing out. I was killed shortly thereafter, but it was really quite a sight.

It's funny, but I've died because of this. I landed and was around like 4 houses and head towards one and it's a gray blurry mess and I couldn't tell were the door was. I'm at where I think the door is and nope it loads and I see it's not. I turn around and someone is punching me and we start fighting and I die because he got off a couple punches behind me while I'm waiting for the House textures to load. The game is really fun despite all the issue. I hope they're able to get this at a locked 30fps soon...

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
and I regretted it the minute I parachuted out of my first airplane. Truthfully, I didn't know it was possible for games this gen to be previewed in this shitty of a state - and I've been playing games for well over 20 years

1. Who gives a shit how the loading island or the parachute flight runs? The game begins after this. By the way, I don't know if they did an online hot fix but parachute is way smoother since this morning.

2. You play games for 20 years? Sorry, I don't believe that. Or you do but never, ever played any early access game in your life. I played so many in the last 4 years and so many run or ran like absolute shit at the beginning. Slime Rancher still drops under 20fps regulary on the X.
And on every gen you had so many absolute shit running games and or ports I don't know where to start. Don't act like PUBG is any special exception now, please. Because it just isn't. That is just not true.

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got a solo chicken dinner! After 50 hours on PC with no dinner, finally achieved it on Xbox. My heart is beating so fast!

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I feel like I owe an apology to fortnite. I initally sorta hated on the shooting and the frame rate and the graphics on xbox one but I played a few matches today and man that's actually a super polished experience compared to pubg.

ryllix

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like I owe an apology to fortnite. I initally sorta hated on the shooting and the frame rate and the graphics on xbox one but I played a few matches today and man that's actually a super polished experience compared to pubg.
I did the same thing and feel the same way. Reinstalled it today

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom

I love Fortnite, Un-surprisingly it was my most played game this year when i did the 'year in xbox' thingy.

Unfortunately, i can't see myself going back after playing this, not for a long while at least. Fortnite is a fun game, but it feels super casual. I do however love the 50 vs 50 mode. It's a shame they arent keeping it in. I'd play just for that.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

Re: the Battle Royale mode (even early in the patching process) I thought the people complaining about performance were nuts. In the sense that I saw a lot of people assuming the PvE mode performance from the DF piece were characteristic of the 100-player mode. It always seemed reasonably polished.