• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I highly doubt the textures in the standard XBO build are going to stay the same for very long, I'd be honestly shocked if they didn't upgrade them to closer to what Xbox One X has and then Xbox One X is getting an enhanced set of textures later on down the road.

Sure, should be the goal and that is stops crashing when you drive a car.
Seriously, they should make a public announcement that everyone with a normal Xbox One stops driving, cause at the moment it crashes every second time, had so many teammates this evening where it crashed and crashed and crashed, doesn't happen with the X, but I'ts annoying cause it happen to your teammates.

RoastBeeph

Oct 29, 2017
Do NOT listen to these people saying to get the X. Get the S and save yourself $300 dollars and then in 2 years when next gen arrives, you can judge what you want to do from there.

Completely disagree. Buying the S now is buying a noticeably inferior version. It's something the majority of people will end regretting IMO.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Had some fun games today, but the vehicle thing is getting a bit stupid. The game is amazingly intense and tactical for about 90% of the round, and then in the last 10% it devolves into a circle pit of cars and motorbikes and a giant game of chicken. It really goes against the entire feeling of the game in my opinion. Put me down in the negative camp for the vehicle "meta".

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Had some fun games today, but the vehicle thing is getting a bit stupid. The game is amazingly intense and tactical for about 90% of the round, and then in the last 10% it devolves into a circle pit of cars and motorbikes and a giant game of chicken. It really goes against the entire feeling of the game in my opinion. Put me down in the negative camp for the vehicle "meta".

Right there with you. 2nd to last circle should disable cars. It's rather stupid everyone just driving in circles.. curious if this was ever a problem on PC and if so, how was it stopped.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Servers are complete crap tonight. Jeep tries to run me over I go behind a tree only to get run over anyway. What a joke

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Right there with you. 2nd to last circle should disable cars. It's rather stupid everyone just driving in circles.. curious if this was ever a problem on PC and if so, how was it stopped.

It was never an issue on the PC apparently because it's easier to shoot the driver or the tires due to the aiming with KB/M being better.

I would imagine that as they improve the controls and people get better with aiming the vehicle meta-game that is currently rife on the console version will diminish.

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I waited until Monday to open loot crates again, guys.

I got two low texture pairs of pants again. One of them of them was a dupe. I got duped. Fuck the shit-awful rewards of this game. Fuck loot boxes.

Oh, and I made it to #2 for the first time in solo. Woohoo! First fuckin' loser. Highest I've made before in solo is #3. I got like five kills too. It felt pretty good.

But seriously though, fuck this game's reward system. It's trash. It's fucking trash!

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I waited until Monday to open loot crates again, guys.

I got two low texture pairs of pants again. One of them of them was a dupe. I got duped. Fuck the shit-awful rewards of this game. Fuck loot boxes.

Oh, and I made it to #2 for the first time in solo. Woohoo! First fuckin' loser. Highest I've made before in solo is #3. I got like five kills too. It felt pretty good.

But seriously though, fuck this game's reward system. It's trash. It's fucking trash!
At least you don't get pistol grips and no one can see them

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017

It will be leveled out as people get better and have counters. Shooting out the tires puts a damper on things and if they still try to drive with blown tire(s) it is slower and harder to control allowing you to shoot the driver. Like any shooters there will always be tactics to counter, seems for this game will be two fold people getting better and performance of the actual game to allow more precise shooting.

Has there been any word on the next patch? I have had a few Game Preview games and some of them had weekly or bi-weekly updates, just curious of the devs have announced anything as of yet?

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Eyes on these changes from me:

• First pass visual and performance improvements
  • Slightly improved anti-aliasing on Xbox One and Xbox One S

If the improvements are great enough then I'll purchase the game.

I would appreciate some honest feedback on framerate and performance after it goes live.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Something that I would like to see changed soon: Y-Axis inversion also applying to the cursor movement on the map screen. Makes it feel impossible to use the map at all. This is probably the anger and confusion normal human beings feel when trying to play a game with an inverted camera, haha.

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan

J7TLB90.gif

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
nice that we're getting a patch so soon. definitely looking forward to some performance related patched coming out hopefully sooner than later.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Love using the bombing zones to mask the noise I'd make storming a house. Managed to kill a duo who didn't even have a clue I opened the front door and sprinted towards their room.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The sniper you get from the supply drop is glorious.

Also...3000 to change my characters face? Get real. Lol.

23qwerty

Oct 27, 2017
M24. Still haven't tried the AWM yet but YouTube makes it look beast. Really starting to get a hang of the zero-ing. Just keep forgetting hold breath is left bumper which is the weirdest button to hold breath.
They're both beastly but I do kinda prefer the SKS or Mini14 simply for the semi-auto capability

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
where did you get that ghillie suit?
From a crate drop. I landed in Pochinki (spelling?) and got an AKM and M16, then hit the water in a boat because the circle was about half water. Sure enough, the plane dropped a crate in the bay and I was the first (and only) one to go for it. Got the AWM and the ghillie suit.

Edit - Saw the complaints earlier, but vehicles at the end don't bother me so much. Stick close to a tree or rock and spray the driver's side. http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/AntiMacro/video/41124119

Last edited:

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
From a crate drop. I landed in Pochinki (spelling?) and got an AKM and M16, then hit the water in a boat because the circle was about half water. Sure enough, the plane dropped a crate in the bay and I was the first (and only) one to go for it. Got the AWM and the ghillie suit.

Edit - Saw the complaints earlier, but vehicles at the end don't bother me so much. Stick close to a tree or rock and spray the driver's side. http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/AntiMacro/video/41124119

yeah, people have to learn to stick to a tree when a vehicle is around. Additionally vehicles explode fairly quickly if you keep shooting at them. Still it can be frustrating sometimes.

But man this game. The stories it creates are just so fucking addicting.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox Players,

We are glad players are enjoying PUBG in Xbox Game Preview and we appreciate all of the great feedback we've received. We take listening and reacting to our player base seriously, and we will work with our community to find opportunity to continually improve the player experience while in "XGP" and beyond.

Please continue to bring your feedback, questions and enthusiasm to: https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/forum/178-xbox/

This patch will be live at 1AM PST / 10AM CET / 6PM KST. Please restart your Xbox after the patch goes live to get the update.

Here are the first of many Xbox-focused patch notes to come:

Gameplay
  • Gas can now be used while on bike or bike with sidecar
UI/UX
  • Equipment icons on HUD will now be visible
  • Player icon is now more clearly visible on the world map
  • UI prompts now appear when reload and enter a vehicle options are present
Character
  • Tweaked hair color options
Animation
  • Cleaned up sidecar passenger animations in first person view
  • Fixed player camera issues while a passenger on the backseat of a Buggy
  • Addressed arm animations specific to holding some weapons
  • Character now correctly faces the proper direction when stopping while swimming
Others
  • First pass visual and performance improvements
  • Slightly improved anti-aliasing on Xbox One and Xbox One S
  • Localization updates for Vietnamese, Spanish,(Spain/Mexico)
  • Controls on motorcycle no longer inverted
  • Keyboard functionality is disabled
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed instances of player nametags not properly displaying in the lobby during Squad and Duo play
  • Fixed minor animation while crouching and prone
  • Fixed issues where curtains on windows block line of sight of players in the TPP mode
  • Fixed an issue where when Squad leader left the party, voice chat ceased to function as intended
  • Fixed issue where players could lean out of vehicles even when obstructed
  • Fixed collision of cardboard boxes in Yasnaya city
  • Fixed typo in the controller guide
  • Other minor fixes
Thank you again from all of us at the team.

See you in-game,
The PUBG Development and Community Team

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
the fact they are calling it "first pass visual and performance improvements" doesn't fill me with confidence. I hope its pretty significent though