• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The impact of getting shot in this game when you don't know it's coming makes me jump every time and actually leaves me a little stunned for a while. It's probably a mix of the amazing sound work, 5.1 system and the vibration of the controller. It's probably the most visceral reaction of getting shot in a game that I have ever had.

DirtyDeeds

Oct 28, 2017
Armpit, USA
My aim is so terrible in this game, I still manage to get a couple kills every match, but twice yesterday I had the drop on guys right in from of me and after the first shot they would get all jittering and jump around and my aim would go haywire and they turned around and melted me. I need to figure out some good sensitivity settings that I can get used to.

Steve McQueen

Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
Game can definitely be funny. Yesterday I spotted a boat and a guy behind me as well and he was shooting like a madman at me hoping I would not reach that boat. But I did. Felt damn good when I sailed away with it and he was left there on the beach. Until he started swimming and it ended for him with my boat speeding over him, haha.

Very few games give me this feeling of achievement and satisfaction when you walk away alive from a gunfight or any battle really. Hope we get the desert map in January.

Hahaha. Great story. The game may be a bit limited but then again, maybe that's the true strength of the game. Can't wait for that desert map to show up too.

Ah man, if they could get this running with a steady 30 fps ( 60 would be awesome )and improve the inputlag, tweak the controls I'll barely touch any other MP games for months to come. Exciting stuff.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what kind of stats would be considered "good" in PUBG? I've made the top 10 36% of the time, and I've won 4% of the time. Are those decent numbers? All solo play. Just curious how I'm comparing to the average player.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed this too. I was standing still and the cursor moves by itself. I thought my controller is busted but everything is fine
Well if the cursor was moving on it's on with the dead zone at 0 then technically that means that your stick is slightly out of line, but most controllers are going to be slightly out of line. Especially after a lot of use. That's why most games have at least a small dead zone. There's probably nothing wrong with your controller that isn't out of the ordinary. Just use something higher than 0.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Well if the cursor was moving on it's on with the dead zone at 0 then technically that means that your stick is slightly out of line, but most controllers are going to be slightly out of line. Especially after a lot of use. That's why most games have at least a small dead zone. There's probably nothing wrong with your controller that isn't out of the ordinary. Just use something higher than 0.
The thing is a game after with same settings the cursor didn't move a bit. Also in other shooting games I tried the same controller and the cursor didn't move.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

But pre-patch I had deadzone 0 with no issues. Plus I have no issues in any other games.

My two elite controllers both suffer since the patch with this issue.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
So what kind of stats would be considered "good" in PUBG? I've made the top 10 36% of the time, and I've won 4% of the time. Are those decent numbers? All solo play. Just curious how I'm comparing to the average player.

Humble brag much?!?!

Sounds like you're a decent player. I've been getting into the top 10 (and top 3) consistently in all modes, but only 1 chicken dinner. Seems like true chaos theory when you get to those small circles, and I often make the wrong choices (apparently lol).

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
The impact of getting shot in this game when you don't know it's coming makes me jump every time and actually leaves me a little stunned for a while. It's probably a mix of the amazing sound work, 5.1 system and the vibration of the controller. It's probably the most visceral reaction of getting shot in a game that I have ever had.
The first thing I do in every game is turn the vibration off especially in a game like this. Why would anyone want vibration messing with your aim?

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Played for a few hours last night. Performance is definitely better but I still get hitches at times when nothing is going on. The texture streaming does seem worse, but only at the main menu when you're character is standing there. During gameplay, there's the usual delay when the match starts but I didn't catch any streaming issues past these opening moments.

I do think the patch introduced a new bug though. Sometimes when looting a crate or supply drop, the items aren't highlighted properly (or at all) when scrolling through the list. This happened to me a few times and it was really frustrating considering how vulnerable you are while looting.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Played for a few hours last night. Performance is definitely better but I still get hitches at times when nothing is going on. The texture streaming does seem worse, but only at the main menu when you're character is standing there. During gameplay, there's the usual delay when the match starts but I didn't catch any streaming issues past these opening moments.

I do think the patch introduced a new bug though. Sometimes when looting a crate or supply drop, the items aren't highlighted properly (or at all) when scrolling through the list. This happened to me a few times and it was really frustrating considering how vulnerable you are while looting.

I wonder if it's a proximity distance issue/bug? I've noticed that stuff was excluded from the proximity tab despite being able to seemingly grab it individually.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
It finally happened!
Ru6rhBhm.png

Hiding in a house, hearing the last shootout up the hill. Circle starts moving, wait 5 seconds... GO GO GO.
Storm the hill. Take the victors of the firefight by surprise, the three of us on four.
One teammate drops outside the circle rushing the hill. One enemy down.
The other drops by a rock and crawls for cover. Two enemies down.
I drop the remaining two enemies with the UMP (gotta have that vertical grip)
So intense, outnumbered and we won.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if it's a proximity distance issue/bug? I've noticed that stuff was excluded from the proximity tab despite being able to seemingly grab it individually.

Yeah I've seen that or even if it shows up in the proximity tab, the items aren't highlighted when selected. I only knew an item was selected because one of my weapons or weapon slots would be highlighted.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But pre-patch I had deadzone 0 with no issues. Plus I have no issues in any other games.

If I had to guess the pre patch zero dead zone setting still actually had a small dead zone whereas now maybe it's actually zero? But that's just a guess.

The fact that other games work fine isn't really relevant since they probably have built in dead zones. Most console games do. Even if they are very small just to prevent stick drift.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't won yet. Only made it into top 10 so you're over me.

There's no way this isn't a stealth brag.

Humble brag much?!?!

Sounds like you're a decent player. I've been getting into the top 10 (and top 3) consistently in all modes, but only 1 chicken dinner. Seems like true chaos theory when you get to those small circles, and I often make the wrong choices (apparently lol).

96% lose rate is pretty high. Us pros are in the low 80s pshhhh

Thanks for the info! I really wasn't trying to stealth brag; I've never played the game before and I've only played solo so I really do have trouble gauging how well I'm doing. Especially since only winning 4% of the time kind of makes it feel like you're failing 96% of the time.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the info! I really wasn't trying to stealth brag; I've never played the game before and I've only played solo so I really do have trouble gauging how well I'm doing. Especially since only winning 4% of the time kind of makes it feel like you're failing 96% of the time.

Think of it this way. 99 people drop in, one person wins. You basically are expected to win 1% of the time. Youre winning at 4x the expected(Not average) rate. You're doing well.

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
I totally agree! I've actually dropped the controller a couple times haha
Man do I get jumpy in this game sometimes

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Came in 2nd place last night in what was probably my 10th or so match ever. Heart was beating out of my chest during the final 1 on 1. Turns out the guy got the jump on me from behind in a hilly area where I couldn't track him down. Sucks but at least I got close.

Oct 27, 2017
Playing last night. 7 left alive (Me being one of them) 4 people driving around in cars, 3 hiding from the guys in cars lol. It was like Twisted Metal.I stayed by a tree and tried shooting at the cars. Didn't even register hits on anyone, then the circle forced me to leave cover and of course I get run over on my way to the new circle. This needs to be addressed in the next patch. Can't have this ruin the last moments of each match (which are the best moments). Crazy how different it is on console for this. on PC you never want to be in cars unless absolutely necessary because you get annihilated. but on Console, the lag, frame-rate, and controller aiming make it SO difficult to shoot people in cars that they are almost invincible.

cardsbasebal

Oct 27, 2017
Has everyone seen this yet? Apparently, PUBG did sell over a million copies in 48 hours. They originally stated that one million people have played in 48 hours. Really impressive! Hopefully that means first person servers go up sooner.

Last edited:

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really hoping there will be a first person only mode soon. The 3rd person mode is definitely enjoyable but I think once FP mode goes live I'm not going back to 3rd.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really hoping there will be a first person only mode soon. The 3rd person mode is definitely enjoyable but I think once FP mode goes live I'm not going back to 3rd.

Took them 4 months to add those servers to the PC. I have only played FPP since that point. Completely changes the game in a good way. makes squad games more tactical. Suppressing fire matter, etc. Gun fights play out better and you have to have more awareness of your surroundings. It's so good.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see everyones getting fed.
Since the last patch I find deadzone 0 means my cursor moves by itself. It was fine pre-patch. Had to up deadzone to 5/6 to have it still.

My controller hasn't changed and is fine in all other games.

Anyone else seen this?

Maybe try to take the batteries out of the controller then put them back in, make sure theres nothing touching the analogs when you power it on.

If it still moves when there is 0 deadzone it means you have a tiny bit of stick-drift.

Oct 27, 2017

I had that same drift on the initial build too. I had to put my deadzone at 2. And there were occasions where it would start drifting in-game and I had to raise it.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
bmeI82PY

Second match, i think i did not have a west, or max level 1.
I need this game on PC, my aim is potato

Evil Calvin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Louis
Game can definitely be funny. Yesterday I spotted a boat and a guy behind me as well and he was shooting like a madman at me hoping I would not reach that boat. But I did. Felt damn good when I sailed away with it and he was left there on the beach. Until he started swimming and it ended for him with my boat speeding over him, haha.

Very few games give me this feeling of achievement and satisfaction when you walk away alive from a gunfight or any battle really. Hope we get the desert map in January.

Yeah definitely better than most FPS MP games in which you constantly respawn. Very tense and exciting!

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Kids run into a house I'm in, I light him up only for the game to lag out and come back with me dead. Game performs worse post patch for me. Just a mess

Also the range on the shotguns is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played two matches today.

On the first, I was really unlucky with the gear as I finished in the final circle fairly well equipped but with only a pistol. I lost the firefight at that point, #2 place, argh.

On the second, back into the top 10, this time fully armed and geared. I'm behind cover, nobody can see me then a random grenade kills me. Fuck.

Oct 25, 2017
When you're top 10 and that circle is so small IS the probably the most tense I've been playing any sort of online game. You really calculate every single move you make. You really even wonder if moving is worth it.