• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I've been shot through entire buildings before.ive also had players know exactly where I am when I've been holed up in a bathroom or other place that is impossible to see into (totally stationary too so the sound didn't give it away). I've a put it down to the game being a bit of a glitchy mess and perhaps the house hasn't loaded in for my enemy.

The game really needs a kill cam. There are far too many bullshit deaths.

Oct 25, 2017
Why are you running around so much? I lay low as crazy with only 20 left.

I have made into the top 10 in the last three matches I've played. It works.
I was panicking, because I didn't know where the shots were coming from and I wasn't sure what this guy was up to, so I tried to get behind some cover.
Normally I'm really careful and take it slowly.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
Any update on what they're doing to fix the car meta? I've made it late into a few solo games and the final couple of circles were just people driving around in circles until their petrol ran out

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
it's harder to hit moving targets because of the controls.

also if you're standing up to shoot a car you're just going to get picked off.

Or ran over. It feels like right now you're screwed unless you find a car, or you happen to be holed up in a building right in the middle of the final circle

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The best final circles are the ones that prevent cars. Iv'e been in one on the mountains, another in the quarry and a third that was in a small group of buildings. All were tense as hell. There's nothing more nerve racking than having a small circle with 3 or 4 people left and you have no idea where they are but you know their close, really close.

The open ones in fields are all plagued with cars.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
The best final circles are the ones that prevent cars. Iv'e been in one on the mountains, another in the quarry and a third that was in a small group of buildings. All were tense as hell.

The open ones in fields are all plagued with cars.

I've been punching out tires relentlessly...so long as I'm not in the car!

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I love squad games with cars in final circles. I blew one up last night with a Scar on Auto and got 4 kills easy peasy.
Car Meta is interesting, but not bothersome with an auto fire gun.

Oct 26, 2017
Car meta I wouldn't say it's even an input method issue. It is the fact that vehicles drop the frames under 20 with preposterous jitter. And yes it is less of an issue in squads these days but solo is still a bit of a nightmare.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Today in this game, the game tells my teammate he has revived me so he runs off but actually he didn't so I died. The game also like to back me out automatically when I die and supposedly you don't get credit for a dinner when you don't spectate.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For those of you living in Italy, apparently GameStop has the game plus 12 months of Live Gold for 60 Euros. Given our prices for Live Gold that essentially gives you the game for free, so consider the offer. Even I am considering it despite owning the game, I can just sell off the code for 15-20 and get some cheaper Live Gold therefore.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Supposed to get more details on copies sold next week, I guess, according to Greenberg.. wonder what # it'll be at?

Doesn't look like we'll get the patch this week.. oh well, should hopefully be early next week as well.

SirVilhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Any suggestions with the shotgun? I can't get a kill with the damn thing even when I have the jump on someone

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind cars at all. They're really easy to kill. And if you're not looking for a car in your initial looting in the first five minutes, not sure why you're complaining. They're plentiful. For myself, once we're at the 20s or the final few circles, I dump the car. Too big a target.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Any suggestions with the shotgun? I can't get a kill with the damn thing even when I have the jump on someone

Like others have said.. a choke is great. Otherwise I guess just get lucky. I'm terrible with it, but sometimes its the only gun you find..

Also.. had a fun game last night where almost everyone got dropped off in the northern 1/3rd of the map due to where the plane flew, and we ended up as probably the most southernly people. Of course the first circle was way down south on the Military Island. We grabbed a jeep and headed down there, and we had to have been the first people to cross the bridge. So much to have the whole island to yourself! Anyway, on the way down we see that the supply plane dropped a crate.. wait.. no TWO CRATES.. and no one around! We raced to get one and had a little "oh shit" moment..

I don't mind cars at all. They're really easy to kill. And if you're not looking for a car in your initial looting in the first five minutes, not sure why you're complaining. They're plentiful. For myself, once we're at the 20s or the final few circles, I dump the car. Too big a target.

I let the game flow decide how I'm going to use cars. If it's going to be a game where I'm constantly chasing the circle I'll just plan to stay in a car from 50 left till 20 or so. If I get lucky and the circle is closing around me, I'll hole up somewhere. Most times its a mix. I do like having a car as a backup quick escape option. I've been killed sooooo many times as a driver though, so they definitely don't make you invincible. Especially in Squad games. I do excel at being a loud diversion though.

reddonkeyham

Oct 27, 2017
I had a game earlier, where when I landed a dude was already in a buggy. I spent the first 5 minutes, being chased in circles as I had no where to hide, so couldn't pick up any items at all. Eventually I found a rock to hide behind

Then this happened

Can you go in any vehicle with another player in solo? If so, why?

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I had a game earlier, where when I landed a dude was already in a buggy. I spent the first 5 minutes, being chased in circles as I had no where to hide, so couldn't pick up any items at all. Eventually I found a rock to hide behind

Then this happened

That's hilarious.. and yeah, you can get in any vehicle if there is room. That's awesome. I wonder if he could have punched you while he was back there?

SirVilhelm

Oct 27, 2017
So in Solo, once you get into the final five survivors, it comes down to whoever has a car winning the match.

Got it.

I got 3rd in solo by running over 9 people in the close to final circle. I got out when the last three of us where driving in circles thinking I could head shot them. Nope. Got a taste of my own medicine.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta

Then this happened

I'm a huge fan of jumping in a car that someone has left while they loot a house, but get into the backseat and just sit there quietly.

MrPressStart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Playing for the first time.... controls are shity. I have a hard time just picking shit up. I have been shot because I am standing over weapons and not picking them up even when I am pressing the button.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Playing for the first time.... controls are shity. I have a hard time just picking shit up. I have been shot because I am standing over weapons and not picking them up even when I am pressing the button.

I rarely ever use the X button to pick up single items. Opening inventory with the Menu button near a pile is just much faster once you have the hang of things. Too easy to miss smaller items like grips or flash hiders under a couple guns or packs.