• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Infamous hung in there huh?

shocked GOW and HZD outsold U4.

hiphiphoray for Days Gone, loved that game.

I'm happy for all of them, but Horizon, Days Gone, and Spider-Man bring me joy.

Hope Sony doesn't abandon Infamous. The series still has potential.
Infamous really depends on what goes on with Spider-Man at this point, as I can't imagine Sony wants two big budget open world superhero games competing with each other, especially with Spider-Man being such a massive IP. I don't think Infamous is dead myself, but it's going to be in the cooler for a while yet.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
#6 and not even a year old
giphy.gif
DAYS GONE!!!!!! Absolutely happy for the team, loved the game so much I said fuck it and let me platinum it lol.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Uncharted 4 was much better than Horizon, but I still love seeing a promising new IP do so well.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
wait theres only 8 exclusives?

also includes digital i guess? or only digital since npd started tracking digital?

Edit: there should definitely at least be some more MLB years so they must have truncated the list at 8. Weird flex but ok.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Infamous really depends on what goes on with Spider-Man at this point, as I can't imagine Sony wants two big budget open world superhero games competing with each other, especially with Spider-Man being such a massive IP. I don't think Infamous is dead myself, but it's going to be in the cooler for a while yet.

inFamous can still happen if Sucker Punch wants to do it. Sony's not gonna tell them no if that's what they want to do.

Oct 30, 2017
So Horizon did 15M+ .... wow.

And so happy to see Days Gone up there, Love this game so much.

And I couldn't be happier for RDR2 for 2nd spot, one of the greatest most amazing game ever made <3

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
We'll see, but if Ghost of Tsushima takes off, I think it's safe to say that we'll be seeing more of those before we see anything happen with Infamous.

They've been pretty clear about the fact they don't mandate their studios make specific games. If SP wants to bounce between inFamous and Tsushima they will be allowed to do that.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Slightly disappointed in how many entries Call of Duty takes up, but it's popular for a reason after all.

Also really surprised with Days Gone, I knew it sold well, but dayum.

yeah call of duty has really consolidated vs battlefield. i remember a few years ago an ea exec crowing about battlefield and how it was inevitable it was going to take more share annually from cod...at some point that didn't happen.

DeeDubs

Oct 28, 2017
Spider-Man was such a great experience. It has been one of the few non-Soulslikes I have even bothered to plat in a long time. Uncharted deserved to be higher than that though. It's a legit great game. HZD sold way too much for such a mediocre game. I can't really talk though because I bought it at $20, and the graphics alone almost made it worth it.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
wait theres only 8 exclusives?

also includes digital i guess? or only digital since npd started tracking digital?

Edit: there should definitely at least be some more MLB years so they must have truncated the list at 8. Weird flex but ok.
The list isn't truncated. There's a full 10 games on both lists. The Twitter embedding cuts off the bottom two, you can see the full list by clicking on it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt Sony isn't interested in making one.

Most likely depends on From Software at this point, and I can understand them not wanting to work on it right now.

Perhaps. This is why they need to be smarter about their contracts with third parties, I guess. So many of their Japanese IP just die on the vine these days.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
At this pace it's going to get freezer burn. :3

But if it comes down to it, I'd rather have Spider-Man.