• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Playstation is just one of those sponsors that is ingrained in the minds of every football fan who watches CL. Like Continental tyres.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
Both PSP and Vita were advertised. Very shortly though.

crouch.jpg

champions-articleLarge.jpg
Oh God I'm a Chelsea fan, how the hell could I have forgotten what was on the advertising for THAT moment.

I don't remember seeing PSP at all back in the day.

Playstation is just one of those sponsors that is ingrained in the minds of every football fan who watches CL. Like Continental tyres.
Heineken!

Sly

May 11, 2018
Because the CL and FIFA came up a lot in this thread I wanted to clear up that while the UEFA is part of the FIFA the CL license (same goes for their Europa League and Super Cup licenses) was always seperate from other licenses (like those for leagues, individual teams or major events events etc.).

Before not too long ago the FIFA games didn't even have the CL and Konami held the license for the CL to feature it in PES. This was the case throughout the entire duration of the marketing partnership between FIFA and MS.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
Not gonna lie, Barça-Chelsea was the best Intercontinental Rivalry between 2005-2012.
Insane matches.

fernando-torres-golo-barcelona.gif

HappyUnconsciousGermanpinscher-size_restricted.gif

GrossRepentantAfricanhornbill-size_restricted.gif

09oLkG.gif
I was at the Ronaldinho goal match.

Without a doubt my all time favourite game. Yes even more than our CL win.

I was at the final we lost against United, but not the one where we won in Munich unfortunately :(.

The thing we have/had with Barca is like a derby. It's something very special.