Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ordered at Smyths and Shop To. Will probably cancel Shop To if Smyths maintains my pre-order.

I feel I'll be able to walk in and maybe grab one in town if the online orders fizzle out.

Raggen

Oct 7, 2019
Norway's biggest retailer, Elkjøp, had to close down preorders after 15 minutes due to high demand, the traffick was comparable to Black Friday.

Oct 27, 2017
l was too late. Ireland here. All gone. Shitshow.
People (scumbags) already trying to flog their pre-orders on local sites for up to €1500. Sony and retailers fucked up.

OP
OP
Humidex

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Heads-up to anyone who preordered via John Lewis. According to a HoUK deals post, someone received a text saying that their order can't be fulfilled despite an email confirmation received the previous day saying otherwise.

Argos also looking like a potential shit-show as people are still waiting for confirmation emails.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone has a spare UK pre-order going I'd be very appreciative! Been struggling to get hold of a pre-order due to scalpers/being unable to stay up till the early hours etc.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
Anyone here bought a digital edition console in Europe? Will you keep your order considering those crazy game prices? Only DE consoles are still available for pre-order in Poland as of now and my original plan was to get one... That is until Sony announced the price bump on games, then I started hesitating whether I should go with the one with the BD drive. Second biggest retailer here didn't start preorders yet for some reason, so there is still a chance I will be able to get a standard console if I want to but I am unsure what to do. Should I preorder the DE as I always wanted or should I wait for the option to buy the standard console. The second option will be much cheaper in the long run, so currently I'm leaning towards waiting.

OP
OP
Humidex

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here bought a digital edition console in Europe? Will you keep your order considering those crazy game prices? Only DE consoles are still available for pre-order in Poland as of now and my original plan was to get one... That is until Sony announced the price bump on games, then I started hesitating whether I should go with the one with the BD drive. Second biggest retailer here didn't start preorders yet for some reason, so there is still a chance I will be able to get a standard console if I want to but I am unsure what to do. Should I preorder the DE as I always wanted or should I wait for the option to buy the standard console. The second option will be much cheaper in the long run, so currently I'm leaning towards waiting.
You can mitigate the cost of digital games by purchasing discounted PSN credit from places like Eneba.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Does anyone know when we think we'll see the price of the digital games for launch? £70 is pretty nuts for MM Ultimate but I am fully expecting like £90 on the PS Store...or are the RRPs supposed to be the same, across digital and physical? If so I may as well get it digital and get like 15% off buying cheap credit.

OP
OP
Humidex

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know when we think we'll see the price of the digital games for launch? £70 is pretty nuts for MM Ultimate but I am fully expecting like £90 on the PS Store...or are the RRPs supposed to be the same, across digital and physical? If so I may as well get it digital and get like 15% off buying cheap credit.
My guess will be 4 weeks before launch.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017

It will be 70 digital.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Dammit, why does Amazon have Spider-Man and SackBoy available to pre-order but not Demon's Souls?

It's not a massive deal, I just want to be able to have all my launch games in the same order for consistency's sake.

OP
OP
Humidex

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Dammit, why does Amazon have Spider-Man and SackBoy available to pre-order but not Demon's Souls?

It's not a massive deal, I just want to be able to have all my launch games in the same order for consistency's sake.
I'd give it time. We're still a few weeks away from console launch.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Do they? I can only see the Ubisoft games

Sorry, was referring to Amazon UK specifically. Might be different for other EU regions:

Spider-Man: MM (and Ultimate Edition)
SackBoy: A Big Adventure

I searched for 'Demon's Souls PS5' and all that came up was an unavailable listing for the Italian version.

I'd give it time. We're still a few weeks away from console launch.

Oh yeah, I'm not worried or anything. It's just I want things to be a bit finalised lol

RyanPrime_

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Got the disc one preordered from Amazon and the digital one from ShopTo but the ShopTo one isn't guaranteed so I'm waiting to hear from them if I've definitely got it before deciding which one to keep.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
For people wanting one the catalogues keep getting them back up. Littlewoods & very.

Just got one from each for my brother and father in law

Nero3000

May 12, 2020
Can I get a Mod check?

Can we use the giftbot to give a preorder in a fairish manner? Even though we expect the cost to be covered?

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how GAME handles pre-orders? I never pre-ordered anything with them. I was planning on doing in-store pick-up, since I want to pay with store credit, but I think it'll be better if I get it delivered to my house. I don't care if it's not on release day, since I will be working all day and I was going to pick it up on Friday either way...

So, long story short: does anyone know when exactly I will have to pay the remaining €349? I want to use my credit, not pay in cash.

Fdkn

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Spain - preordered from game.es to pick up in my nearby store a couple of hours after the stream.

The order has a confirmation status: in store pending, but I hope there is no problem. I'll go ask personally on monday I guess

itshutton

Nov 1, 2017
UK Era, I registered at Amazon, Argos, Curry's, Base, ShopTo, John Lewis and Smyth's toys and I still didn't get a console. I am fuming.
I thought I would get one by waiting up till midnight for Argos in Friday morning and I still couldn't get one. How are some people saying they got multiple???

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Amazon uk hasn't got a single batch in since Thursday. I thought the biggest retailer would have a bit more stock.

Oct 27, 2017
I got an Amazon order but I feel like they are being cautious, especially after the US site sending emails saying you might not get one for launch

OP
OP
Humidex

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
UK Era, I registered at Amazon, Argos, Curry's, Base, ShopTo, John Lewis and Smyth's toys and I still didn't get a console. I am fuming.
I thought I would get one by waiting up till midnight for Argos in Friday morning and I still couldn't get one. How are some people saying they got multiple???
Some would have been hedging bets and cancelling preorders from retailers that later couldn't confirm a guaranteed console. I had one through Very which I later cancelled when my Amazon preorder was confirmed.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
So Amazon.de had a couple consoles the night of the showcase and that's it? Do we have any info if there are going to be more?

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
Historically, Amazon don't take payment on any pre-order, whether it's a console, an album or a book until it's actually ready to dispatch. I don't expect that to change for this.

They trialed some shit last year where they charged you full amount if your order was due to be dispatched at a later date more then a certain time period (cant remember the period) they quickly stopped that after loads of complaints. I managed to get a £20 voucher from them for complaining.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Feel bad for those that missed out on PS5. The best time was definitely around 11.15 UK time the night after the presentation. At that point both Smyths and GAME had consoles available for nearly an hour.

After that Amazon had orders for about 15-20 mins at 9am the morning after. I felt the Amazon orders were easy to get if you were ready and the time was publicised.

I realise this isn't a consolation to those without or who were not available at those points.

OP
OP
Humidex

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
They trialed some shit last year where they charged you full amount if your order was due to be dispatched at a later date more then a certain time period (cant remember the period) they quickly stopped that after loads of complaints. I managed to get a £20 voucher from them for complaining.
Bit cheeky of them, but at least the idea got nixed sharpish. Cheers

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
Luckily I got through and preordered a disc version ps5 right after they went up on amazon.de. I wasn't planning on getting a PS5 on launch since it usually takes 1-2 years before games of interest (to me) start releasing. This time around because of Demon's Souls I just couldn't resist. I expect my ps5 to catch some dust after I am done with Demon's Souls though since there isn't a whole lot of stuff besides that catches my eyes. I just hope BC will be great so I can work on my ps4 backlog.

Still looking for a Dualsense charging dock, haven't seen those in stock on amazon.de since preorders went up.

FisherTea

May 24, 2020
So after an hour on customer support it turns out my Amazon UK order was cancelled, apparently an error on their part giving me an order when all available units had been allocated. My GAME order has also messed up but instead due to a payment error.

Back to square one...

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
Ordered Spider-Man regular edition from Amazon and Demon Souls from Simply Games. I hope it's not just Astros Playroom I'll be playing launch day!

Edit-typo

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Does anyone know how GAME handles pre-orders? I never pre-ordered anything with them. I was planning on doing in-store pick-up, since I want to pay with store credit, but I think it'll be better if I get it delivered to my house. I don't care if it's not on release day, since I will be working all day and I was going to pick it up on Friday either way...

So, long story short: does anyone know when exactly I will have to pay the remaining €349? I want to use my credit, not pay in cash.
They charge up to 7 days before dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.