• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a bit silly and funny to do as it's a shot of the dev environment and not standard gameplay.

I highly doubt that it's done due to possible legal issues. There are plenty of other brands visible on that video.
I can understand them not wanting to have Xbox button prompts on their channel in gameplay footage for games marketed for Playstation platforms.
It's the lousy job that I find hilarious.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the hyperbole. I just wish Sony could be the cool dad of gaming instead of what they currently are, which is a mostly competently run business that could take some queues from the smaller, chiller gaming studios out there.

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty funny why didn't they just cut that shot instead of blurring the controller?

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the hyperbole. I just wish Sony could be the cool dad of gaming instead of what they currently are, which is a mostly competently run business that could take some queues from the smaller, chiller gaming studios out there.

tenor.gif

I love the E3 time of year. For some reason, it just triggers extra special things in people, almost like dormant nano-machines.

Get_crazy

Oct 28, 2017
Meanwhile the same video is up on the Xbox channel unedited with DS4s, PS4 button prompts, PS4 devkits and retail consoles remaining unblurred:

And then you wait for another article saying "lolz PlayStation button prompts in this trailer on official Xbox YouTube channel".

(It has already happened in the past)

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Why are so many people saying it's for legal reasons? There's absolutely ZERO legality if they showed the controller or not, you can't be sued for simply showing an xbox controller.

The reason why reality shows and other things "blur" logo's has NOTHING to do with it being "illegal" to show logo's (Imagine how impossible it'd be to film shit if you couldn't show any logo's in a movie) and all about doing it because they depend on advertising and things and they want to ensure the only logo's they show are companies that are paying them to, thus no free advertising.

Sony probably blurred it simply because it's a competiting brand and they don't want to give them any advertising in a playstation video, however if they wanted to they could fully and legally "show" it without facing legal issues.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
E3 time got the call out there... CONSOLE WARRIORS COME OUT AND PLAAAAAYYYYY

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bungie edited the trailer, not Sony. It is forbidden to show any kind of input that is not a PlayStation button or brand when submitting a video to the official PS YouTube channel (there have been trailers where button inputs have been blurred on screen when devs are clearly using Xbox footage), and the trailer editor got a little overly cautious I guess and blurred everything.

I could be wrong of course but I doubt I am. Microsoft and Nintendo have similar rules.
You make too much sense. People want to be outraged over nothing. Let them rage.

Oct 27, 2017
So I take it you'd like me to admit that this is entirely because I'm still salty about being gated from PS4 exclusive content in Destiny 2? Well, my friend, you'll never get me to do that.

I just would not purchase the game at all, sending that message, like I did with not purchasing BF2 being such a damned huge Star Wars fan that I am. It stings, but I got over it quickly.

Hint: It takes 2. Sony would not have anything to 'purchase' if publishers did not offer these incentives.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
E3 time got the call out there... CONSOLE WARRIORS COME OUT AND PLAAAAAYYYYY

"YEAH WELL YOUR CONSOLE DOESNT HAVE JAPANESE GAMES" "YEAH WELL MY BOX HAS BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY NERRRRD!" "YEAH WELL...we really are just screaming at eachother over plastic boxes that do largely the same things arent we?"

Haha its the same every e3/goty season. Its mildly entertaining and I think most people realize its dumb but argue for the fun of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.