• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RevenantAxe

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
All of those games could be GOTY contenders, REALLY excited to see all 4 in action again
So if Sony's not getting a third-party collaboration exclusive from FROM, who are some other candidates? Can't think of any

I think it's unfair to one console so many killer exclusives lol. If Sony continues this for long then they gonna get complete monopoly over console market which they already have to some extent.

RevenantAxe

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Man Tlou 2 first gameplay will get insane reaction. People were crying and hugging each other when teaser was released lol

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
Saying it here just because I said it in the other thread: SDT, not an exclusive.
There it is. End of speculations. This got very interesting. Wonder what Yamagiwa has teased since the end of 2016.

I thought recently you didn't have access to Sony games for information. So everything is now on Ruin4r what Sony will bring to E3.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Oh well. At least now I don't have to have any hope for E3, which is better than having hope that turns to dust. Thanks, Omni.

Oct 27, 2017
Expecting some big third party reveals, Monster Hunter World level.

It's interesting that they have to specifically mention this. People getting thirsty for PS5.

It was because he was asked, due to thirst of course, lol.

People wanting that 10-12TF baseline jump, considering the insane graphics they are able to pull off with only 1.84TF baseline.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Oh well. At least now I don't have to have any hope for E3, which is better than having hope that turns to dust. Thanks, Omni.
uyKgrYk.gif

Cheer up

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
whelp looks like the only game i'll be looking forward to is TLOU2. have 0 interest in Death Stranding. GoT might turn out Ok. spiderman straight up is ass.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Question. The last TLOUp2 trailer was filmed as one continuous shot with no cuts, do we think the whole game will be filmed that way?

I think they may do that for each season.

Like, Summer is one continuous shot. Fall is one continuous shot. Winter is one continuous shot. Spring is one continuous shot.

That of course provided TLOU2 follows the same structure of "seasons" from TLOU1.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I honestly believe that Neil and the team are doing one shot, I mean if you're going to steal why not steal from the best.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
so now we assume that Death Stranding will be full exclusive to ps4
and even if they show Shadows Die Twice or DMC V they will be multi platform
that good (:

I'm not sure how you're drawing any of those conclusions from those statements. Death Stranding is (at least in part) a co-development production with SCEWWS, but that has absolutely nothing to do with SDT or DMCV.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
A mod is derailing the thread with the same complaint over and over and over again. Getting tired of it, Planetsmasher.

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
At least I'm excited for E3.
(@TORIYAMA_SIE): https://twitter.com/TORIYAMA_SIE?s=09

"Bloodborne Producer Teruyuki Toriyama, who recently worked on No Heroes Allowed! VR, teased that in 2018 he wants to take on new challenges such as the announcement of an ambitious game and the start of full-scale development of a new project in the concept phase."

"Kouno-san has not been able to release a completely new game for a while, but in 2018 he would like to announce a new title, and he'll do his best to help heal the world a little."
https://www.dualshockers.com/sony-playstation-japan-new-games-wild-arms/

One potential announcement after Toriyama's retweet.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

"Bloodborne Producer Teruyuki Toriyama, who recently worked on No Heroes Allowed! VR, teased that in 2018 he wants to take on new challenges such as the announcement of an ambitious game and the start of full-scale development of a new project in the concept phase."

"Kouno-san has not been able to release a completely new game for a while, but in 2018 he would like to announce a new title, and he'll do his best to help heal the world a little."

Believe in RaySpace

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

It doesn't have to be E3 specifically.

-PyramidSong

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I honestly believe that Neil and the team are doing one shot, I mean if you're going to steal why not steal from the best.
It will be interesting to see how they handle cause i think we'll play as Ellie's mother a certain point of the game. Maybe at the start of the game, so they dont need to cut. But if there is flashbacks i dont think its possible.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Do people really think the one-cut thing adds all that much to the game? I already died five times in God of War and I'm not even a third of the way through the game, so the illusion is already shattered.

And TLOU was way, way harder than GoW was, so I imagine the benefit of the no-cuts structure wouldn't be particularly high considering most players are gonna be seeing loading screens and restarting after deaths a lot.

Oct 27, 2017
Do people really think the one-cut thing adds all that much to the game? I already died five times in God of War and I'm not even a third of the way through the game, so the illusion is already shattered.

And TLOU was way, way harder than GoW was, so I imagine the benefit of the no-cuts structure wouldn't be particularly high considering most players are gonna be seeing loading screens and restarting after deaths a lot.

They can do it like a more refined UC4, and I will be plenty happy with that. Even after playing GoW. Both are great as far as how they handle it.

Not to mention, if they did not start off with 'no cuts' like GoW did, then do not expect the same system, since they will not be able to retro that in there, with a more than likely already fleshed out 'final' game design. It seems it would have to be something built around the game from the very beginning.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They can do it like a more refined UC4, and I will be plenty happy with that. Even after playing GoW. Both are great as far as how they handle it.

Not to mention, if they did not start off with 'no cuts' like GoW did, then do not expect the same system, since they will not be able to retro that in their more than likely already fleshed out game design. It seems it would have to be something built around the game from the very beginning.

Yeah, that's fair. I have absolutely no problems with how Uncharted 4 handled its cutscenes and I think that's the kind of cinematic territory Neil and team are more used to. More camera flexibility, more cinematography options.

-PyramidSong

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
What if it is not a flashback, and if that is Ellie's mom, she is still alive and was caught up on her own journey this whole time.
Well, maybe. I always assume she was dead, i don't know why. And the trailer they showed are in past time. All of this are asumptions i made just like the one that we are play as Anna. I think it will be cool. No cuts was amazing in GOW, but in my opinion, it just limits the way you want to tell a story in a game like TLOU II cause i think there are two temporal lines.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Completely agreed. Their method is non-intrusive, nor jarring either. They handle it pretty well in a nice flow from cinematic to gameplay.

The only issue with UC4's implementation is that every so often the game isn't 100% clear on when the cutscene is over and when gameplay is active. God of War does that sometimes too but it's a little more OBVIOUS with it. In UC4 I had at least one gameplay sequence (right after the cutscene that starts the path to the truck chase) where I kind of didn't realize the game was telling me to go for like five or six seconds so I just stood there like a goof until I was like "OH, I can play now. Whoops."

I later found out there's actually a trophy for not moving at all for like a minute after that exact cutscene because of an E3 stage demo glitch that produced a similar effect.