• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Clearly the good move, although all those TV ads made me think that there's no way they'd delay it.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
It's a good move, I'm obviously bummed out but I completely understand that it was needed.

Skot

Oct 30, 2017
Right move with everything happening but I think this will likely be next week now.

Grimwood

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Fuuuuuuck.
With that reason, there never will be a "good time for celebration", but oh well.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
More than likely next week maybe. its a good move. a little sad but I get it.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
This is the right call. Good on them for acknowledging that Black Lives Matter with their earlier post, and giving the protests their necessary space before the unveil.

supkid

Oct 29, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
It's disappointing it has had to be postponed, I personally thought they could have gone ahead and used their platform to highlight it further.

Edited to add: I mean use their platform to highlight the injustices further, but I'm of the mind that silence feels complicit

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Yeah probably a smart thing as more people will have there eyes glued to what's happening outside than Sony's event. They can delay there feed till mid-June and repolish it up

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I was personally hoping for an event with a powerful statement of support for the protests at the beginning, but I'm not going to fault them for delaying one bit.

EDIT: This post was made before I realize why they were moving it. Now that I know why they postponed it, I applaud their decision even more and fully expect them to do a statement when they do hold the event.

Last edited:

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, even after the ads. This is shocking.

Maximum respect.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
im bummed but this is the right move, even if they just spent a ton on marketing this event on espn