• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
It's the right move. I understand that America is not Sony's only audience, but they are correct in their assessment that now is not the time for any sort of celebration.

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's a sensible decision, though it was clear that ERA really wanted this to take place this week, based on yesterday's poll.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
lmao at the jingoistic behavior in the other thread accusing people of being US centric for asking if important real world events would delay this.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Man, I wish I could find everyone who quoted me in that other thread and said "postponing would do nothing". The point is the USA is in complete and utter disarray. It's at 100. Sony wants to wait until it hits at least 60.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
It is disappointing but it's nice to see Sony is being proactive in spreading awareness.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's for the best, there are bigger things than video games that deserve attention going on right now.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So be it, I can wait a couple more weeks.

Last edited:

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah probably a smart thing as more people will have there eyes glued to what's happening outside than Sony's event. They can delay there feed till mid-June and repolish it up
and maybe they could have some people on site as well by then. I think its gonna be as early as next week or maybe latest June 18th.

nizerifin

Jun 9, 2018
Knowing the media cycle, we'll be on to the next thing next week. Sad. Good call on Sony's part.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty commendable, especially after they spent the money on the TV ads

I guess when it comes down to it, a PlayStation announcement would be trending no matter when it drops, but what's happening across the US right now runs the risk of being purposefully ignored by media outlets and social media algorithms.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
Really disappointing but 100% the right move. Way more important things happening in the world right now.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Good. More important things are going on and deserve the attention.

Having video game reveals can easily wait, rather than be tone deaf to the very people they are advertising too

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was really looking forward to some fun news this week but obviously now is not the time for that.
Good move by Sony tbh