• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
I dont know what it was but being able to access Crackle and EVO from the movie theater was very engaging. I even enjoyed the events they had for the World Cup and E3 . I do hope they bring it back..doubt it though

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I'm ready. Had fun messing around in PS Home. That quite a few were looking for this when the PS4 came out says something. I think it was a lil more than a dozen of us, lol.

If it means more info on the PSVR2 headset drops this year, even better. I'm ready to get back into PSVR.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
I liked Home. It wasn't much, but I remember them making a virtual E3 show floor at some point where you could watch trailers and stuff. It had a lot of potential.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Please let me play pool with anime people and like a guy dressed as Solid Snake. Give me back my apartment with the Dig Dug arcade machine.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
I would absolutely love to see some version of Home make a return. It was a great idea executed badly, or just limited by the tech. It wasn't as much of a failure as people like to remember it being either, they absolutely could make a success of it.

Nov 28, 2017
With how much PSN has evolved tech and feature wise it would be perfect to bring Home back. Imagine how full our Trophy rooms could be!

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I liked when they did little games and events where you could win DLC or small games for completing objectives or getting a high score on an in-home game.

I remember getting RE1 and MGS1 for doing random stuff in there. You could even get stuff just for watching trailers sometimes.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I remember dropping a few grand on playstation home lmaooo. Don't regret any of it tbh

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
I remember getting into the beta and thinking it was going to be the future of gaming, at least on PlayStation.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Honestly....legit excited for this. HOME was pretty damn fun, with neat little DLC rewards, but the loading times were absolute murder....that sweet SSD fixing the issue and baby you got a stew going.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
jet87jbc.jpg

They could do some interesting stuff these days with PSVR2 right around the corner and Sony's showcases/events/State of Plays being all digital now.

PS Home still has some fans out there.

I hope it happens. PSVR2 + PS Home + The metaverse . Do it Sony!

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Even if they just kept the same core areas, enhanced them and used the SSD to make things ultra-quick compared to the slow loading times, it'll be a pretty decent experience. I imagine over the years it was running there was a lot they learned and if given a fresh start, it could be good.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Home was way ahead of its time and if they put in the work and made it VR compatible, hell yeah

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
This might be nothing, but I hadn't really thought about it before. I never got around to trying home on PS3. This sounds a lot more enticing with VR and today's technology.

HouseAR

May 17, 2020
They just keep the IP as protection to the global playstation trademark,

a renewal in the entire EU costs 1500 dollars, and maybe 10k if we include Usa, China, Japan and a few countries more

so literally nothing for Sony

oni_saru

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼Please bring back home.

Loved messing around there xD

TacoSupreme

Jul 26, 2019
I understand why people think Home for PSVR2 would be cool, but I can't help but think that the risk of weirdos pervin' on people constantly would probably push Sony away from doing it.

Oct 28, 2017
I understand why people think Home for PSVR2 would be cool, but I can't help but think that the risk of weirdos pervin' on people constantly would probably push Sony away from doing it.
I remember making a female avatar in Home once and I immediately got surrounded and sent messages. It was an enlightening experience. Needless to say I switched back to my male character quickly.