• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
https://venturebeat.com/2018/11/11/...-other-gaming-brands-for-october-tv-ad-spend/

PlayStation has been spending big on marketing, and yet for October, it upped its TV advertising budget for October, spending an estimated $28 million. Meanwhile, Nintendo takes a distant second, and Ubisoft, King, and Riot Games round out the ranking.

life-entertainment-mobile-games-video-games_industry-overview_top-brands_10-01-2018_to_10-31-2018.png

PlayStation's estimated $28 million outlay, up from September's $24.2 million, was devoted to 20 spots that ran over 2,600 times, resulting in 1.2 billion TV ad impressions. "Nothing Means More," promoting Red Dead Redemption 2, was the commercial with the biggest spend — an estimated $8.7 million.

At No. 2 is Nintendo, with an estimated spend of $7.2 million on 17 ads that aired over 2,900 times and generated 517.3 million impressions. The ad with the biggest monetary push (est. $2 million) was "Super Mario Party," promoting the Nintendo Switch game.

With an estimated spend of $6 million, third place goes to Ubisoft. The company aired four commercials 721 times, resulting in 229.5 million impressions. The Assassin's Creed Odyssey spot "Gods Have Spoken" had the biggest budget, an estimated $3.8 million.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Was watching the Sunday football game with family and that PS4 ad popped on that was pretty cool. Gonna be a race for football season + holidays.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'd imagine so. They've got a pretty packed lineup to promote with RDR2 and Spider Man mainly.

Nintendo's should be ramping up soon with Smash.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking how video game commercials are so few and far between. Growing up they use to be everywhere. I see more mobile ads then console stuff

King must have gotten an amazing deal, because those Candy crush ads are everhwere

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking how video game commercials are so few and far between. Growing up they use to be everywhere. I see more mobile ads then console stuff

King must have gotten an amazing deal, because those Candy crush ads are everhwere
I have never seen a candy crush ad in my life. Are you talking about TV commercials?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They must play that RDR2 commercial several times an hour on Adult Swim

May 17, 2018
Y'all remember last generation when they barely advertised their games more than like, maybe a tweet on launch day?

We'd be playing MAG 2 by now, if they tried even half as hard as they are now, goddamnit.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
funny thing is that sony heavily is pushing RDR2(obviously) and Astro bot where i live haha .who would have thought astro bot would get a big marketing push?

Oct 25, 2017
Red dead advertising is interesting I guess Sonny are trying to bury that the game runs better on Xbox One X than the Pro

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Road to 100M!

RDR2 + Black Ops 4 ads probably.

Spider Man Ps4 199.99$ ads should begin shortly.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Red dead advertising is interesting I guess Sonny are trying to bury that the game runs better on Xbox One X than the Pro

lol, why would Sony care about that any more than any other multi-plat game that runs better on PC? Sony has the marketing deal for RDR2 and they're pushing it because it's a monster of a title. No further explanation is really needed.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
It's nice when the top dog continues to spend to remain top dog, shows they know never to let the guard down.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo's big 2 games for this year release soon. It will be interesting to see how this changes over the next few weeks.