• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
There is no way they'll allow flying in the PS5 version and not in the PS4 version.
Not gonna lie. I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't add flying to HFW. They explicitly said they wanted to add it to HZD but couldn't due to technical limitations and now they have the HW to do it but might not because the game will be cross-gen.
why cant they? I just told you how they could do it. I think they do it. Just gives another reason To go get a PS5 vs a PS4.

Nøwcry

May 29, 2020
Quick explanation of how the PS4 retains the PS5 version.
-Aloy can't ride flying mounts.
-There will be no fast movements or mounts that go very fast.
-The CPU will not support environments with many stampede monsters or some things that cannot be done with jaguar.

Graphically it will be fine but playably we will already know that it will be a normal game, nothing to do with ratchet for example. And we can't expect assets like demon souls either.

The HDD and the Jaguar CPU will screw up any playable advancements that have to do with the IO controller and the geometric assets will also be retained.

PD: Not having a flying mount is a great loss.

Jun 23, 2019
If we're saying they can scale down by stripping features entirely, your flying mount example, that's not really "scaling down" but making a different game entirely. Try to scale Assassins Creed: Unity down to PS3 and see how much you have to strip and see if you can still call it the same game at the end of the day.

Also, there's some flatout plea copping going on here because the topic is Playstation. Everyone understood the crossgen argument just fine when the topic was Xbox.

Yikes. Y'all are going brazy over a perception in your minds. At this point we have no clue what GG has or hasn't planned for FW, but you all are ready to pounce the first moment something doesn't show up that you all think should. So if FW doesn't have a flying mount, the first thing from you lot will be "See!? I KNEW there was going to be a draw back due to cross gen!" How do you know they just didn't decide to put it in at all? It's making assumptions and getting mad about them that I don't understand.

CrispyGamer

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
Imagine if this was the old Sony and they released HFW only on PS4 just like they treated GOW2 making me play that masterpiece in BC mode on my launch PS3 lol that would be horrible.. i get wanting these major AAA ip to be exclusive it's definitely what i would like them to do but these games are just too damn popular to keep them off the legacy system and you best believe I'm gonna rage WHEN they announce Ragnarok is cross-gen but I'll get over it

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Yikes. Y'all are going brazy over a perception in your minds. At this point we have no clue what GG has or hasn't planned for FW, but you all are ready to pounce the first moment something doesn't show up that you all think should. So if FW doesn't have a flying mount, the first thing from you lot will be "See!? I KNEW there was going to be a draw back due to cross gen!" How do you know they just didn't decide to put it in at all? It's making assumptions and getting mad about them that I don't understand.
Right? I have no idea where this stuff even came from it just wild expectations base on nothing.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
It kind of looks like the Wipeout title.
It reads like:

Subaidur Maan

Phonetics, lol

I think ToD plays a role.

tenor.gif

I'll wait till the PS5 patch before judging this~

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I think the cost to do it is way greater for sony than MS, and I get retro gamers hate that answer and its great MS went the way they did to do it. I think the cloud was always going to be the answer for sony just due to how insane the PS3 was setup vs PS1 and PS2. its not impossible but if you look at how they did PS4 BC Its way more compliant and workable than just a software solution alone. But I do agree that they should allow for digital PS3 purchases to live on. One key sentence from the PS4 BC that may give a little hope to it is them saying PS4 is what they are focused on at the moment, I can understand why they wouldn't want to promise anything without it close to launching.

But I think PS - Now and/or baking their GPUS to support games is probally their answer to digital preservation in the long run.

On a HW level, I understand that the generation to generation exotic shift in architecture is perhaps the single biggest hurdle to overcome. That said I do understand that a cloud solution (presumably PCs emulating PS3 given PS3s are no longer in production for Sony to start printing PS3 mobos to be used as server blades) is the most reasonable one.

Perhaps the only bone I have to pick in that regard is... yet another Monthly Subscription expense to play the titles I already own.

I still have the faintest glimmer of hope that they will eventually release some form of BC, even if only for digital purchases.

This video might be to your interest (if you have not seen it that is):

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
-The CPU will not support environments with many stampede monsters or some things that cannot be done with jaguar.

Graphically it will be fine but playably we will already know that it will be a normal game, nothing to do with ratchet for example. And we can't expect assets like demon souls either.

The HDD and the Jaguar CPU will screw up any playable advancements that have to do with the IO controller and the geometric assets will also be retained.

This is just perception apparently. New hardware doesn't actually enable new gameplay and next gen just means shiny textures.

"Oof" and "Yikes" as they like to say.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
This is just perception apparently. New hardware doesn't actually enable new gameplay and next gen just means shiny textures.

"Oof" and "Yikes" as they like to say.

But thats not true though. Spiderman already has faster movement than the first game. Also Devil may cry 5 SE they bumped movement speed up, again flying mounts as well are something that can be turned of or change in what is done vs PS5. Even the stampeding stuff can be altered. That does not prove a thing. HDD bound things are not off limits between the two consoles. You are acting like they are sharing a code once and deploying one versions. They are not doing that. It's easy to see they will have two code bases at some point in development.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
There might be one or two smaller exclusives as far out as 3-4 years with versions on PS4. But after 2021 I think the main studios and franchises will be exclusive to PS5, hopefully. When did the studios transition over to PS4 from PS3 exclusively? I can't recall exactly but I think it was pretty fast.
The bigger studios began releasing their games about 2-3 years into PS4, 2015 and up. The big hitters the brand is known for began consistently in 2016 with U4, then HZD in 2017. GoW was released in the PS4's 5th year!

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
People make it sound so easy to ignore 113M potential clients.

I feel like it's "early adopter privilege." Since they're able to get the new hotness day one, they don't think about the millions of other gamers that aren't able to for various reasons (money, unable to secure a pre-order, etc). Then sprinkle a little selfishness on wanting to have games for your shiny new toy to be only available on said shiny new toy (for what? bragging rights? like, what does it matter that year one titles are cross-gen?).

I guess it's a testament to how strong Sony's year 1 lineup of PS5 titles is that people suddenly give a shit about cross-gen gaming. I don't think anyone was raising a stink that Assassin's Creed Black Flag was also coming to the PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii U.

The reality is that if it wasn't for the PS4, and Miles and Horizon starting development immediately after their previous entries wrapped, we wouldn't even be getting those games on PS5 as soon as we're getting them! The fact that Guerrilla Games and Insomniac have, 1, such strong and scalable internal engines, 2, an extremely efficient production pipeline, and 3, oodles of talent, we'd be playing Spider-Man: Miles Morales sometime in late 2021, early 2022, and Horizon 2 in 2022 if we're lucky.

That we don't have to suffer through a mediocre year 1 of PS5 titles is a fucking gift. If that gift also means the millions of PS4 owners that made Spider-Man and Horizon the successes they are in the first place get to also play them on their machines, I really don't see what the problem is.

Who knew that the first year of a console's life cycle is the year that truly, truly defines that system for all time? /s

I'm one of the lucky folks that managed to snag a PS5 pre-order. Learning that 3 of the 4 titles I'm planning to get at launch are also coming to the PS4 didn't somehow ruin the PS5 launch for me. I'm still going to be playing those games on a system that will be able to run the games at 4k60, with sub 3 second load times and some with fancy ray-tracing effects. I'm still going to be able to play those games and take advantage of the neat Dual Sense controller, that legitimately seems like it will add to the experience, even if the effect is minimal. So, boo hoo, I can't win some internet list war about "mah exclusivvvvsss r better than yur exclusivvvvvs." So what?

Early gen games rarely, if ever, take advantage of all the hardware has to offer. That takes time, and lots of effort by the studios. It also costs money. It's beyond smart business to ensure that Miles and Horizon are as successful as possible, because that means whatever Insomniac and Guerrilla are cooking up exclusively on the PS5, is going to be made with the confidence that a multi-million unit selling game can bring them. Not to mention that, thanks to cutting their teeth on these early PS5 titles (and Insomniac is working on 3! releasing within months of one another!), they'll know their way around the console when it comes to shifting gears to 100% exclusive PS5 development.

In the end, this is a win for gamers; we get some great launch and year one titles, the devs get some valuable experience developing on the PS5 hardware, which will result in better sophomore and junior efforts in whatever IP they tackle after these early titles are done. The almost guaranteed financial success that's going to come from releasing Miles and Horizon cross-gen is going to directly feed into their exclusive PS5 titles. What's there to really complain about? Many of us are already blown away by what we've seen of Ratchet, Miles, Demon's Souls, Horizon, and even Sackboy is looking stupidly good (judging by the 4k trailer I watched on my tv). That's not the ceiling of what these next gen consoles can do. It's the floor.

Last edited:

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I feel like it's "early adopter privilege." Since they're able to get the new hotness day one, they don't think about the millions of other gamers that aren't able to for various reason (money, unable to secure a pre-order, etc). Then sprinkle a little selfishness on wanting to have games for your shiny new toy to be only available on said shiny new toy (for what? bragging rights? like, what does it matter that year one titles are cross-gen?).

I guess it's a testament to how strong Sony's year 1 lineup of PS5 titles is that people suddenly give a shit about cross-gen gaming. I don't think anyone was raising a stink that Assassin's Creed Black Flag was also coming to the PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii U.

The reality is that if it wasn't for the PS4, and Miles and Horizon starting development immediately after their previous entries wrapped, we wouldn't even be getting those games on PS5 as soon as we're getting them! The fact that Guerrilla Games and Insomniac have, 1, such strong and scalable internal engines, 2, an extremely efficient production pipeline, and 3, oodles of talent, we'd be playing Spider-Man: Miles Morales sometime in late 2021, early 2022, and Horizon 2 in 2022 if we're lucky.

That we don't have to suffer through a mediocre year 1 of PS5 titles is a fucking gift. If that gift also means the millions of PS4 owners that made Spider-Man and Horizon the successes they are in the first place get to also play them on their machines, I really don't see what the problem is.

Who knew that the first year of a console's life cycle is the year that truly, truly defines that system for all time? /s

I'm one of the lucky folks that managed to snag a PS5 pre-order. Learning that 3 of the 4 titles I'm planning to get at launch are also coming to the PS4 didn't somehow ruin the PS5 launch for me. I'm still going to be playing those games on a system that will be able to run the games at 4k60, with sub 3 second load times and some with fancy ray-tracing effects. I'm still going to be able to play those games and take advantage of the neat Dual Sense controller, that legitimately seems like it will add to the experience, even if the effect is minimal. So, boo hoo, I can't win some internet list war about "mah exclusivvvvsss r better than yur exclusivvvvvs." So what?

Early gen games rarely, if ever, take advantage of all the hardware has to offer. That takes time, and lots of effort by the studios. It also costs money. It's beyond smart business to ensure that Miles and Horizon are as successful as possible, because that means whatever Insomniac and Guerrilla are cooking up exclusively on the PS5, is going to be made with the confidence that a multi-million unit selling game can bring them. Not to mention that, thanks to cutting their teeth on these early PS5 titles (and Insomniac is working on 3! releasing within months of one another!), they'll know their way around the console when it comes to shifting gears to 100% exclusive PS5 development.

In the end, this is a win for gamers; we get some great launch and year one titles, the devs get some valuable experience developing on the PS5 hardware, which will result in better sophomore and junior efforts in whatever IP they tackle after these early titles are done. The almost guaranteed financial success that's going to come from releasing Miles and Horizon cross-gen is going to directly feed into their exclusive PS5 titles. What's there to really complain about? Many of us are already blown away by what we've seen of Ratchet, Miles, Demon's Souls, Horizon, and even Sackboy is looking stupidly good (judging by the 4k trailer I watched on my tv). That's not the ceiling of what these next gen consoles can do. It's the floor.
I wonder how people feel about apple still supporting 6 year old phones. (And guess what they just dont allow newer features on older phones). I dont see this as any different cross gen In the first year.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
60fps is enough imho. Just make it look awesome with locked 60fps.
I hope Firesprite has time to make a new one for the PS5.
I should had a too after pls. I want both options 4k/60 and 4k/120 fps, of course the second option would possible be dynamic or upscaling but that is fine to me.

Nøwcry

May 29, 2020
But thats not true though. Spiderman already has faster movement than the first game. Also Devil may cry 5 SE they bumped movement speed up, again flying mounts as well are something that can be turned of or change in what is done vs PS5. Even the stampeding stuff can be altered. That does not prove a thing. HDD bound things are not off limits between the two consoles. You are acting like they are sharing a code once and deploying one versions. They are not doing that. It's easy to see they will have two code bases at some point in development.

If you make a game where you can use a flying mount with a budget of 100 MB / s max. I think graphically it will be quite monotonous and you should control well what you place. In Spiderman the city is big but in extension it is small and it is very very well thought out not to exceed 100 MB / s as you swing.

That is not possible to do in the extensions of Horizon, maintaining that control in all its extension will be something impossible to defeat.

Now I will put a positive thing:
Releasing the game for a maximum of 10M consoles will restrict the budget of the game very much, so we will receive a richer and more extensive game on the surface, in story missions and other features because it comes out on PS4.

I think the developers chose well since horizon is an IP that you have to take great care of and treat with a lot of love. And it is better to lose some things than to adjust the budget too much as to strangle its quality.

So from my analytical point of view it is good that it is multi but that does not mean that it will not retain the next gen version in its design decisions. I think we will win more than we will lose but that is already on a personal basis.

Still the 1 doesn't have anything that the PS5 offers and is a great game. (I have the platinum trophy: D)

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
you will live if a PS5 game is also available on the PS4. you will live and the game will be good despite that. its a pandemic. not everyone can afford to drop 500 bucks to play a game and accessibility is more important than whether or not you can see your own reflection in a game

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Lets take horizon for example.

City/Outpost sizes - this is a dystopian future so city size is somewhat a moot point, they can do a lot or scale back where needed.

Density - This is scalable. GG for example automates all foliage,objects, NPCs are are scalable.

Depth of the world Overworld/underworld - Overworld not so much. Depth might be an issue, but that all depends how they design the world as Levels. Overworld, underworld areas etc.

Traversal - Speed, mode of transportation - this can be scalable and they can have convergence between the two games.

Story - I dont see much that would impact the story

Gameplay mechanics - Speed can be adjusted between the two games. Core Gameplay loops they already developed from the first game and there will be some tweaks. ( If you watch their post mortem you can see that).

Enemy Design - I can see this having some impact, like the number of parts you can pop off, Animations could possibly be limited, Enemy AI could be also limited In ways. But to me the first game they already nailed the robot combat and there isnt too much they would need to change game to game. But if they do dev up to down vs down to up there may be improvements they make that just won't make it into the base game.

Like I get there will be some trade offs, but an open world game is the best candidate to be that way And without knowing how they plan to tackle things its hard to judge. I honestly trust that they wont be far off their vision imo.

Especially early in the gen when there is still an uptake on what you can really do with hardware. 2022-2025 games will take more advantage of the hardware but i dont see the impact being heavy early in the gen.

Clearly year 1 of a console you have still have some support for the legacy base when you dont haven enough manufacturing to meet demand at least in the first year. Year 2 on they wont even have anything on the old systems.

An example of not just scalability, but of a cross-gen title not hurting the next-gen version would be Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. The nemesis system, the standout feature of that game (and god, i wish another open world game would implement something like it), was scaled down on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. It didn't have the same level of depth. They didn't just decide to go for parity across generations, and have the system also be scaled down on the PS4 and Xbox ONE versions. They took advantage of the extra horsepower of those consoles to have better Nemesis system for next-gen gamers.

Early in this new generation, I'm not expecting huge differences in cross-gen and even next-gen exclusive titles beyond the superficial (IQ, ray-tracing, lighting, animation fluidity, framerate, etc), but as the generation progresses, the differences are going to be vast. In the same way the differences between PS3 and PS4 titles became more apparent as the PS4 matured, and developers came to grips with the hardware. Hell, the differences between year 1 PS4 titles, and year 6 PS4 titles is pretty damn stark. We literally see this with every console generation, yet it's like the clock gets reset on some gamer's memories the moment a new console is launching and the hype train starts rolling.

All this handwringing over cross-gen titles year one just seems like a waste of energy to me. Nothing wrong with not jumping in to these next-gen consoles until later on, if it's that much of a big deal, though.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
If you make a game where you can use a flying mount with a budget of 100 MB / s max. I think graphically it will be quite monotonous and you should control well what you place. In Spiderman the city is big but in extension it is small and it is very very well thought out not to exceed 100 MB / s as you swing.

That is not possible to do in the extensions of Horizon, maintaining that control in all its extension will be something impossible to defeat.

Now I will put a positive thing:
Releasing the game for a maximum of 10M consoles will restrict the budget of the game very much, so we will receive a richer and more extensive game on the surface, in story missions and other features because it comes out on PS4.

I think the developers chose well since horizon is an IP that you have to take great care of and treat with a lot of love. And it is better to lose some things than to adjust the budget too much as to strangle its quality.

So from my analytical point of view it is good that it is multi but that does not mean that it will not weigh down the next gen version in its design decisions.

Still the 1 doesn't have anything that the PS5 offers and is a great game. (I have the platinum trophy: D)
Horizons budget is dynamic when it comes to all foliage, the 100 m/b budget is based solely on larger areas. None of their game art placement for the over world is fixed, the game world places grass, trees and waterways based on parameters that they give the game. This is why I said it's possible to have a flying mount on PS5 vs PS4.

this explains how they build the entire environment in the game.

I don't know how much you've seen from GDC. But you can check out all the technical videos from how parts of HZD was done. There are a ton of procedural elements with the game which I'm sure they will be expanding. This is why the limits you are thinking are not an exact thing with this game and the way the designed their engine and ultimately how they can extend it now for the PS5.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

In addition for the sake of parity in encounter, combat and level design between PS4 and 5, the following are likely:
  • Aloy's locomotion speed parity (honestly, this is just a bullet point given it was fast enough on current gen platforms)
  • Mount traversal pace parity (at least the PS5 ver. may suffer notably less object pop-in, owing it vastly more powerful GPU and CPU)
  • Foe AI parity (in both number and how they act)
  • Finally level design parity
I do not believe that GG would dare sell a title that has fundamental design differences (leading different experience) between the platforms and sell it to a customer base of 100 million users at the MSRP of $60.

I am highly skeptical that the MM has notably faster movement speed (as in swing speed):

He definitely does get closer to the ground and has per object motion blur for his hands and feet (in addition to the surroundings), which makes it look like he is going very fast.

However, given encounter design would be tied to his movement speed, I cannot (unless I am proven to incorrect- something we will know when Insomniac do their GDC2021 presentation) see it be (notably) different than what his speed would be on PS4. The distinction is that his swing speed may be faster than Peter in general but both it would be nigh on identical across both generation of platforms.

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
I don't know what's going on with this thread but I am a bit disappointed Sony is still doing the drip feed thing, there are still that I would like to know about the console. I wish they would just release all the info.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
What's with the negativity, cheer up people. New consoles and accessories are just around the corner.
It wasn't negative, just a healthy discussion. No one was being attacked or disrespected. I don't know how the hell discussing the merits of technological improvement and the impact it has on gaming became an issue of gamer entitlement though.

mangrilla

Aug 28, 2020
Washington, DC
Guys, I'm pretty sure the PS5 games are going to be fun regardless of whether they are cross gen and that we'll get dedicated games both at launch and as the platform progresses. Just like every other console cycle. Really seems like the argument here is pointless. Maybe everyone should just have a snickers?

I don't know what's going on with this thread but I am a bit disappointed Sony is still doing the drip feed thing, there are still that I would like to know about the console. I wish they would just release all the info.

I'm fine if they have some kind of game-changing stuff they are still holding back, but anything that doesn't fit that description, random tech spec stuff, support (for me - I'd love to know if the media apps will support Dolby vision!) which isn't going to pull anyone away from the news cycle would be greatly appreciated.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
In addition for the sake of parity in encounter, combat and level design between PS4 and 5, the following are likely:
  • Aloy's locomotion speed parity (honestly, this is just a bullet point given it was fast enough on current gen platforms)
  • Mount traversal pace parity (at least the PS5 ver. may suffer notably less object pop-in, owing it vastly more powerful GPU and CPU)
  • Foe AI parity (in both number and how they act)
  • Finally level design parity
I do not believe that GG would dare sell a title that has fundamental design differences (leading different experience) between the platforms and sell it to a customer base of 100 million users at the MSRP of $60.

I am highly skeptical that the MM has notably faster movement speed (as in swing speed):

He definitely does get closer to the ground and has per object motion blur for his hands and feet (in addition to the surroundings), which makes it look like he is going very fast.

However, given encounter design would be tied to his movement speed, I cannot (unless I am proven to incorrect- something we will know when Insomniac do their GDC2021 presentation) see it be (notably) different than what his speed would be on PS4. The distinction is that his swing speed may be faster than Peter in general but both it would be nigh on identical across both generation of platforms.
focus your eyes on just the buildings and you can see the swing is faster based on the speed of the camera moving. The left one is slower. The degree of speed may not be drastic but to me it looks faster just in your gif.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
why cant they? I just told you how they could do it. I think they do it. Just gives another reason To go get a PS5 vs a PS4.
Not a chance they would allow for such drastic gameplay differences between both versions.
If the Wii U wasn't able to handle BOTW's kite then Nintendo probably would have axed it entirely instead of making it Switch exclusive. It'll be the same for HFW.

Also not seeing the receipts for the Spider-Man swing speed difference.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Not a chance they would allow for such drastic gameplay differences between both versions.
If the Wii U wasn't able to handle BOTW's kite then Nintendo probably would have axed it entirely instead of making it Switch exclusive. It'll be the same for HFW.

Also not seeing the receipts for the Spider-Man swing speed difference.
60fps and those load times and that all already drastic and those effect gameplay with Spider-Man

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
An example of not just scalability, but of a cross-gen title not hurting the next-gen version would be Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. The nemesis system, the standout feature of that game (and god, i wish another open world game would implement something like it), was scaled down on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. It didn't have the same level of depth. They didn't just decide to go for parity across generations, and have the system also be scaled down on the PS4 and Xbox ONE versions. They took advantage of the extra horsepower of those consoles to have better Nemesis system for next-gen gamers.

Early in this new generation, I'm not expecting huge differences in cross-gen and even next-gen exclusive titles beyond the superficial (IQ, ray-tracing, lighting, animation fluidity, framerate, etc), but as the generation progresses, the differences are going to be vast. In the same way the differences between PS3 and PS4 titles became more apparent as the PS4 matured, and developers came to grips with the hardware. Hell, the differences between year 1 PS4 titles, and year 6 PS4 titles is pretty damn stark. We literally see this with every console generation, yet it's like the clock gets reset on some gamer's memories the moment a new console is launching and the hype train starts rolling.

All this handwringing over cross-gen titles year one just seems like a waste of energy to me. Nothing wrong with not jumping in to these next-gen consoles until later on, if it's that much of a big deal, though.
Oh man I forgot about the nemesis system.

look at what Devs said at the time.

"To break it down, some of the stuff we're pretty confident will still be very similar on current gen: the core mechanics, like combat, stealth, ranged and movements; the basic control and gameplay, that should all be really solid. What it won't have is the same level of depth and variety and simulation within the 'Nemesis system'.
"The story will be the same and the core gameplay will be the same, but [the 'Nemesis system' is] just so huge in terms of content, calculations and AI we'll just have to try and get as much of it in as we can."

kotaku.com

Shadow of Mordor Is Way Less Fun On Old Consoles

When Shadow of Mordor first arrived in September, it was met with heaps of well-deserved praise. The last-gen versions of the game arrived today to considerably more muted fanfare. After playing a few hours on my PlayStation 3, I can see why. This is not the Mordor I remember falling in love with.

people really dont know what can be different between games. Will sony and GG try for some parity def. but they will definitely still look to have certain differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.