• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
That's also true. Speaking of phones, at my old job, we eventually had to stop supporting older models of phones with our games, because, as our games grew, and got more feature updates and content, the older phones just couldn't handle it. We didn't suddenly stop adding features and content to our latest updates so they could run on an iPhone 4 or whatever. But we did make it very clear to our players that, after X update, no future updates would be arriving to phones lower than X update. Naturally, if Apple still supported said phones with firmware that was compatible, our game might still run on it, but not optimally.

Worst case scenario for Horizon 2 on the PS4 is that a few gameplay elements would be cut or scaled back. I can definitely see things like herd density or AI being some of the first things to get scaled back. Perhaps the complexity of character models and level geometry compared to the PS5 version. Considering that Horizon 2 no doubt started as a PS4 game, I don't see that particular title suffering on the PS5. It was always a PS4 title, then became a PS5 title. And knowing what we know about Guerrilla, I doubt they wouldn't want to take advantage of the extra horsepower the PS5 has over the PS4 to the best of their capabilities given the time frame in which they received PS5 dev kits, and the eventual release of the game.

I think what they've shown looks stunning (it looked to me like a mix of gameplay shots and in game cinematics). It's not like Horizon Zero Dawn was some kind of eyesore in the first place. lol.

Blech! So ugly! XD XD
Horizon-Zero-Dawn_2016_10-18-16_004.jpg

approach_1445968650.jpg

Forbidden West is going to look and play just fine. Anything they learned from the development of the first informed how they approached development of the sequel. The things they talked about wanting to include going forward was considered with the PS4 in mind, not the PS5. They didn't design a PS5 game and scale it down to PS4. They designed a PS4 game, and scaled it up to PS5. It's not that they never thought about the PS5, but when your next game is out in 3 years, and it's possible concrete release dates for the PS5 weren't common knowledge, even among Sony's first party devs (to prevent potential leaks), you have to design around what you have now, and what you can feasibly do in that time frame. Like I said before, they can't just sit on their fingers and not work on their next project, but they also can't start building out a game design on specs that could very well be in flux, and force them to scrap a lot of work on theoretical specs that have now been rendered useless by whatever the actual specs of the dev kits turned out to be. So you play it safe and design it around the same core elements of the first game, but like any sequel, can be improved and expanded on in existing hardware. Then, when you get the final specs of the new hardware, you can expand on them even further for that version. Meanwhile, your current gen version is still looking and playing great, and your team hasn't just been dicking around for 3 years.

I love when you bring actual experience into a discussion and not just pull stuff from your rear end like some posters do.

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
It feels like I've been downloading games for the past week in preparation for the PS5. I bought an external HDD for my Pro and have moved all of the games off of internal storage to the external drive. I've also been re-downloading all of the games I haven't finished (or want to play again) that I had to delete from my internal drive to make room for something else. So far I have about 100 games moved over to the external drive....FFXV (>90GB), GTAV (75GB)....I'm not going to even attempt COD anytime soon. I just hope my ISP doesn't decide I need to be moved to service plan with a data cap! ;-)

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
That's also true. Speaking of phones, at my old job, we eventually had to stop supporting older models of phones with our games, because, as our games grew, and got more feature updates and content, the older phones just couldn't handle it. We didn't suddenly stop adding features and content to our latest updates so they could run on an iPhone 4 or whatever. But we did make it very clear to our players that, after X update, no future updates would be arriving to phones lower than X update. Naturally, if Apple still supported said phones with firmware that was compatible, our game might still run on it, but not optimally.

Worst case scenario for Horizon 2 on the PS4 is that a few gameplay elements would be cut or scaled back. I can definitely see things like herd density or AI being some of the first things to get scaled back. Perhaps the complexity of character models and level geometry compared to the PS5 version. Considering that Horizon 2 no doubt started as a PS4 game, I don't see that particular title suffering on the PS5. It was always a PS4 title, then became a PS5 title. And knowing what we know about Guerrilla, I doubt they wouldn't want to take advantage of the extra horsepower the PS5 has over the PS4 to the best of their capabilities given the time frame in which they received PS5 dev kits, and the eventual release of the game.

I think what they've shown looks stunning (it looked to me like a mix of gameplay shots and in game cinematics). It's not like Horizon Zero Dawn was some kind of eyesore in the first place. lol.

Blech! So ugly! XD XD

approach_1445968650.jpg

Forbidden West is going to look and play just fine. Anything they learned from the development of the first informed how they approached development of the sequel. The things they talked about wanting to include going forward was considered with the PS4 in mind, not the PS5. They didn't design a PS5 game and scale it down to PS4. They designed a PS4 game, and scaled it up to PS5. It's not that they never thought about the PS5, but when your next game is out in 3 years, and it's possible concrete release dates for the PS5 weren't common knowledge, even among Sony's first party devs (to prevent potential leaks), you have to design around what you have now, and what you can feasibly do in that time frame. Like I said before, they can't just sit on their fingers and not work on their next project, but they also can't start building out a game design on specs that could very well be in flux, and force them to scrap a lot of work on theoretical specs that have now been rendered useless by whatever the actual specs of the dev kits turned out to be. So you play it safe and design it around the same core elements of the first game, but like any sequel, can be improved and expanded on in existing hardware. Then, when you get the final specs of the new hardware, you can expand on them even further for that version. Meanwhile, your current gen version is still looking and playing great, and your team hasn't just been dicking around for 3 years.
Yeah, and the amount of scaling they can do is a lot, on top of the fact sony made is easy to pull the code forward on the PS5 and extend it a lot more than ever in the past this is why I'm very optimistic of the things they can place, add and tweak with the PS5 version and still have a base experience on the older hardware. Stuff like more enemies, etc thats all stuff they can add to make the world More full etc. I know if I was developing I'd be trying to break shit to see how far it could go with the current base as to what could be done. Also GG utilzes small teams for different game systems and have certain goals. Im betting the game will still be developed around the 30 FPS goal Which again they can still do a lot between the two systems. There is a lot there and What people are saying are "holding back" they haven't even dreamed up really what is possible on these consoles yet hell I dont think Devs have yet a lot of that takes way more experimentation which should actually happen in the coming years.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I'd be up for that...since they already showed the robo-Mastodon, it looks like they are open for adding robos from other eras. As soon as they release the giant spiders...I'm out.

Edit: By the way, with all of this talk of flying mounts....did GG ever actually say that was a thing or is it just something people thought would be a cool thing to have?

GG themselves said that they wanted to implement flying in HZD but could not because the PS4 HW couldn't handle it. The great thing about new generations is that devs can suddenly implement cool new gameplay features that we're not possible before. In this case chances are pretty high that they won't be able to add it again if they want to keep feature parity between both versions which is usually the norm.
I love when you bring actual experience into a discussion and not just pull stuff from your rear end like some posters do.
I love when people add absolutely nothing to the discussion besides "Yeah! Right?" when the post they quote compares apples to oranges and think they have some glorious gotcha argument.

Nobody is saying HFW will look bad because it's going to be cross-gen. People are rightfully expecting feature parity between both versions, as is the absolute norm with cross-gen games, which would mean that flying would again not be possible to implement (as the developers have said themselves concerning HZD, people in here claiming it is possible without concessions that GG wasn't willing to make for the original game should apply for a job with them and show them how it's done) and thus robbing the PS5 version of a gameplay mechanic that the new HW ould totally be able to handle.
Yes, there are instances where next-gen versions of cross-gen titles have features that the last-gen versions lack but those are very, very rare and sometimes even require a second studio to handle the last-gen version.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Guerrilla about to pull a Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (PS2) with the PS4 version of Horizon: Forbidden West and make it a side scroller whilst the PS5 version of HFW is a full 3D world like Web of Shadows was on PS3.

/s

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I really wish I knew what you guys that are defending this stuff said or at least thought about cross-gen three or four months ago, lol.

Blech! So ugly! XD XD

approach_1445968650.jpg

It's. Not. Just. About. The. Visuals. Forbidden West looked really good before we knew it was cross-gen, and it still looks really good now. Graphics are like the least of my concern with cross-gen, especially when you have as transformative a generation as the next one (thanks to the CPU and I/O). And, honestly, as a game designer yourself, I'm shocked that you're bothered so little about cross-gen development, knowing how weak and inhibitive the Jaguar CPUs are to even low spec'd PCs today.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Look at who called your "perception" out in the discussion. Homies want constant praise and good times and no critical discussion. The games look pretty, therefore cross-gen ain't no thang.

Pheonix: If games developers can just be overcome the issues of cross-gen development by just scaling, why would Sony lock up Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart and Demon's Souls to PS5 when we can just "scale" the games across PS4 and PS5. Why lock out a 100M+ customer base if the solution is clear?
Honestly, the answer to this is easy and twofold. And has already been given to you.

First off, what we call easy is not easy per se, but it's not that difficult either. Devs do it. Especially one that has already dabbled in making a PC port of their game.

But the main thing is that Sony needs to strike a balance. They won't just make everything PS5 exclusive in the same way they won't make everything cross-gen. They need to give people reasons to buy the PS5 and for the first year, they feel the best things to make people move onto the new console are Demon's souls, GOW, Ratchet (which is actually more of a technical showpiece than anything else as that game just can't work on the PS4), Returnal...etc.

I don't think this is a hard concept to grasp. Too much of anything is bad. MS approach to their first year seems to be to making everything cross-gen, and thats not good. Sony's approach is more about striking a balance. You can't ignore a user base of 112M+ people in the same way MS can't ignore one of 50M'ish people.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see what's wrong with having discussions or negative opinions in an official thread. It's fine. Everyone is still excited for the PS5. I know I am. We're allowed to have reservations or some disappointments.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
I don't see what's wrong with having discussions or negative opinions in an official thread. It's fine. Everyone is still excited for the PS5. I know I am. We're allowed to have reservations or some disappointments.
I don't think anyone is saying reservations shouldn't be had. As you said, they are discussions. Someone has a reservation and makes their points to support them, someone that doesn't agree makes their points to support that too.

I don't see the issue with that. There are some reservations though that a clearly and obviously in bad faith. The HFW discussion isn' one of them though as I feel these are legitimate concerns.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Personally, finding out that Horizon is crossgen made me lose all interest.
That's sad to hear, i am dissapointed myself, but the Game looks great nontheless, and Horizon came out in 2017 so GG should be able to really optimize the PS4 version still a great deal and maybe even make things possible that weren't so easy in 2017

This cross-gen debacle just cements that Puppeteer was robbed.

That is all.
If Sony can do one thing good it's killing their smaller more unique Games, by releasing them during the worst time possible and then not doing them anymore because they don't sell.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
What gameplay and visual designs have I made up in my head? Are some of y'all serious here? And I'm the one being accused of "ruining" the thread or whatever nonsense?

I don't know why people are jumping down your throat. Nobody's denying Horizon 2 will look great, Horizon 1 still looks great. It's more of a concern about how much development will be bottlenecked by that garbage PS4 CPU. And Sony hiding the fact that it was cross gen for months was just lol.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
DualSense™ |OT| Touch Your Dreams

List of supported games

• Astro's Playroom -- Showcase game for the DualSense, expected to tackle all new features in innovative ways. Source.
  • Avengers -- The developers plan to support features like the Adaptive Triggers (AT) and Haptic Feedback (HF). Source.
  • NBA 2K21 -- AT simulate energy/fatigue and HF highlights collisions. Source.
  • The Pathless -- AT simulate the tension of the bowstring and HF helps with the timing of shots. Source.
  • Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered -- Supports AT and HF. Source.
  • Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition -- Supports AT (L2) and HF has different sensations for different weapons. Source.
  • Oddworld: Soulstorm -- AT simulate struggle. Source.
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War -- Supports HF. Source.
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales -- HF showcases the Venom powers of Miles. Source.
  • Overcooked! All You Can Eat -- Developers tease DualSense features. Source.
  • Ride 4 -- AT simulate gas and brake levers and HF showcases the vehicle's vibrations. Source.
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart -- AT simulate multiple fire modes in weapons. Source.
  • Nour: Play With Your Food -- The developers plan to support features like the AT and HF. Source.
  • Deathloop -- AT block simulates weapon jam. Source.
  • Ghostwire: Tokyo -- AT simulate recoil and HF offers "textured" nuances. Source.
  • Horizon Forbidden West -- AT is used to differentiate weapons. Source.
  • Demon's Souls -- HF showcases the force of bosses with a well-timed guard, gives feedback in well-timed parries and succesful attacks and spells. Source.
  • Godfall -- DualSense is utilized so the player can differentiate between weapons without looking at the UI and can locate enemies spatially via the controller. Source. More info.
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure -- AT simulate struggle as Sackboy carries objects. AT also present on the grappling hook. Source.
  • Gran Turismo 7 -- AT simulate ABS braking and HF is integrated with sound design. Source.
  • Hood: Outlaws & Legends -- The developers confirm full use of the HF. Source.
  • Heavenly Bodies -- Not gonna lie, it has a lot of things related to the DualSense, please give it a look. (Looks fun too!) Source.
  • Goodbye Volcano High -- HF conveys the difficulty of some decisions being made. Source.
  • Jett: The Far Shore -- The developers said the game has a strong focus on haptics. They don't disclose features yet. Source.
  • Solar Ash -- The developers said the DualSense could give feedback they had not known was possible. They don't disclose features yet. Source.
  • Bugsnax -- The developers promise the full use of DualSense features and say they are exploring multisensorial feedback, cites example of changes in terrain via HF. Source.
  • Maneater -- DualSense controller support. Source.
  • DiRT 5 -- DualSense controller support. Source.
  • Madden 21 -- DualSense HF support. Source.
  • FIFA 21 -- DualSense HF support. Source.
  • Returnal -- AT switch between firing modes, supports HF. Source.
  • Watch Dogs: Legion -- DualSense HF support. Source.
  • Destruction AllStars -- AT gives different feedback for each car and HF simulates the impact of ramming. Source.
FAQ
  • Q: There's a broken source.
    • A: Contact me.
  • Q: Why would you dig through so many sites to do that?
    • A: I did it so you can throw it at every DualSense thread.
  • Q: That's it? All the games supported?
    • A: Really hard to say, if you see any game that supports the DualSense and it's not in the list feel free to contact me or add to the list yourself.
  • Q: That's cringe, you should go back to studying.
    • A: I know. I know.

Last edited:

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
GG themselves said that they wanted to implement flying in HZD but could not because the PS4 HW couldn't handle it. The great thing about new generations is that devs can suddenly implement cool new gameplay features that we're not possible before. In this case chances are pretty high that they won't be able to add it again if they want to keep feature parity between both versions which is usually the norm.

I love when people add absolutely nothing to the discussion besides "Yeah! Right?" when the post they quote compares apples to oranges and think they have some glorious gotcha argument.

Nobody is saying HFW will look bad because it's going to be cross-gen. People are rightfully expecting feature parity between both versions, as is the absolute norm with cross-gen games, which would mean that flying would again not be possible to implement (as the developers have said themselves concerning HZD, people in here claiming it is possible without concessions that GG wasn't willing to make for the original game should apply for a job with them and show them how it's done) and thus robbing the PS5 version of a gameplay mechanic that the new HW ould totally be able to handle.
Yes, there are instances where next-gen versions of cross-gen titles have features that the last-gen versions lack but those are very, very rare and sometimes even require a second studio to handle the last-gen version.

The thing is i doubt they would be robbing the PS5 of anything .
Since this started as a PS4 game years ago and GG had to make do with what they had for at least 3 years .
HFW is came at a bad time to tell the truth to early for next gen and to far along for next gen only.
The best we can hope for is the take advantage of what they can with PS5 and learn from it for part 3 or there next game.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Cross gen sucks when you can tell by looking at a game it's being held back.

Miles and Horizon are technically being held back, but they both look great, and it doesn't seem like they will suffer from being quality games due to being cross gen.

mangrilla

Aug 28, 2020
Washington, DC
I'm honestly kinda glad i'm not excited for anything right now because yeah, cross-gen releases of all the big games would just really beg the question of "why bother?"

I suppose being completely unenthusiastic about the entire generation has its perks...

To each their own - I think I've seen you're just generally disinterested in the games themselves, though I don't mean to misrepresent you if that's not the case.

Anyway, for me, someone who bought a PS slim for Spider-Man when I had a 1080 TV, I'm stoked about what's coming up. The games I have will be better than ever and I've got new Spider-Man content right to start with. And certainly it will look and play better than if I had just kept my slim.

That said, I wasn't at all interested in PS4 up until that point - and there's a lot to say about picking up a system later in the cycle when you get a nice hardware refresh at a reduced price and a broad selection of games designed for the system at that point. By the time I bought a Slim for super cheap, I could pick up games like GoW used and really just plow through them.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
To each their own - I think I've seen you're just generally disinterested in the games themselves, though I don't mean to misrepresent you if that's not the case.

Anyway, for me, someone who bought a PS slim for Spider-Man when I had a 1080 TV, I'm stoked about what's coming up. The games I have will be better than ever and I've got new Spider-Man content right to start with. And certainly it will look and play better than if I had just kept my slim.

That said, I wasn't at all interested in PS4 up until that point - and there's a lot to say about picking up a system later in the cycle when you get a nice hardware refresh at a reduced price and a broad selection of games designed for the system at that point. By the time I bought a Slim for super cheap, I could pick up games like GoW used and really just plow through them.

No, you're not wrong. That's basically what I was saying. I'm saying that if I was actually excited for any of the games, finding out they're cross-gen would put a huge hamper on my excitement. Instead I just...don't feel anything for any of them so my boredom and disinterest in the platform remains unchanged.

at this point I think nothing's going to change until post-launch, sigh.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Zelda Breath of the wild, one of the best games of the Gen, is cross gen.
It sure is lmao. Gameplay can easily transcend generations. (how many people are screaming to have full BC) so this is why I'm laughing a bit at this convo when people talk about cross gen holding stuff back when many times year to year games have always had traditional gameplay elements.
Hell some people dont even know there were some PS1 games that were able to switch seamlessly from a in game rendered scene into game play.
This is why I keep asking pexpel to articulate all that they think is "held back" and all they can come up with is flying mounts, and I know under the hood there def will be some things de-scoped, but sometimes its not even a technical thing but a time constraint.

Nov 8, 2017
These are from Mark Cerney's road to PS5 presentation. I know that cross gen games are still gong to be amazing and I'm extremely excited to play them, it's just unfortunate they won't be able to make the kind of game that would have been possible with a PS5 only title. I get why it's necessary and I look forward to seeing what they do when they don't have compromise for older hardware, it's going to be spectacular.

A lot of things that would have simply been impossible at Blu Ray disc speeds were now possible. At the same time though in 2015 and 2016 when we were having these conversations, developers were already banging up against the limits of the hard drive and a lot of developer time was being spent designing around slow load speeds.

The primary reason for an ultra fast SSD is that it gives the game designer freedom. Or to put that differently, with a hard drive, the 20 seconds that it takes to load a gigabyte can sabotage the game that the developer is trying to create.

What I'm describing here are things that cramp a creative directors style. Either level design gets a little bit boring in places or the data is duplicated so many times it no longer fits on a Blu Ray disc and you end up with hard limits on the players driving speed or run speed. The player can't go faster than the load speed from the hard drive.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Man, this is going to be a long-ass few weeks.

Indeed. The wait it getting worse n worse.
Cross gen sucks when you can tell by looking at a game it's being held back.

Miles and Horizon are technically being held back, but they both look great, and it doesn't seem like they will suffer from being quality games due to being cross gen.

I've said this before.....Sony devs must know how to make some amazing looking cross gen games.

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

"Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie: Mugen Train" becomes biggest film to ever open in Japan ($44M); now #2 grossing JP film ever ($264.3M)

https://deadline.com/2020/10/demon-slayer-tenet-japan-china-global-international-box-office-1234599364/ Nothing stops this train *ba-dum!* EDIT: Now it's the 2nd highest grossing movie ever in Japan

original.gif

Coming out next year PS 4 exclusive -____________________-

Playstation and Aniplex needs to sort their synergies and release a ps5 sku and market the hottest thing in Japan currently

Etoh

Oct 25, 2017
San Juan, Puerto Rico
DualSense™ |OT| Adaptive Trigger WARNING!

List of supported games

• Astro's Playroom -- Showcase game for the DualSense, expected to tackle all new features in innovative ways. Source.
  • Avengers -- The developers plan to support features like the Adaptive Triggers (AT) and Haptic Feedback (HF). Source.
  • The Pathless -- AT simulate the tension of the bowstring and HF helps with the timing of shots. Source.
  • Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition -- Supports AT (L2) and HF has different sensations for different weapons. Source.
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales -- HF showcases the Venom powers of Miles. Source.
  • Ride 4 -- AT simulate gas and brake levers and HF showcases the vehicle's vibrations. Source.
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart -- AT simulate multiple fire modes in weapons. Source.
  • Nour: Play With Your Food -- The developers plan to support features like the AT and HF. Source.
  • Ghostwire: Tokyo -- AT simulate recoil and HF offers "textured" nuances. Source.
  • Demon's Souls -- HF showcases the force of bosses with a well-timed guard, gives feedback in well-timed parries and succesful attacks and spells. Source.
  • Godfall -- DualSense is utilized so the player can differentiate between weapons without looking at the UI and can locate enemies spatially via the controller. Source. More info.
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure -- AT simulate struggle as Sackboy carries objects. AT also present on the grappling hook. Source.
  • Gran Turismo 7 -- AT simulate ABS braking and HF is integrated with sound design. Source.
  • Heavenly Bodies -- Not gonna lie, it has a lot of things related to the DualSense, please give it a look. (Looks fun too!) Source.
  • Goodbye Volcano High -- HF conveys the difficulty of some decisions being made. Source.
  • Jett: The Far Shore -- The developers said the game has a strong focus on haptics. They don't disclose features yet. Source.
  • Solar Ash -- The developers said the DualSense could give feedback they had not known was possible. They don't disclose features yet. Source.
  • Bugsnax -- The developers promise the full use of DualSense features and say they are exploring multisensorial feedback, cites example of changes in terrain via HF. Source.
FAQ
    • A: Really hard to say, if you see any game that supports the DualSense and it's not in the list feel free to contact me or add to the list yourself.

Um, this is fantastic.

Make. the. thread.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
All games, accessories, and console paid off thanks to trading in last gen stuff and selling my Index (actually that alone more than covered the cost of my PS5 stuff, haha). Nice seeing a 0 balance for launch, but I'm factoring in around $150 for the headset and controller charger if I can find it.

Pretty fucking hyped. I haven't been in at launch for Playstation since the PS2.

Jun 23, 2019

Lol hmm Ok. Y'all can keep worrying over the cross generation designation of a game while everyone else just enjoys it for what it is. Everyone goes home happy. ✌🏾
I'm guessing it was a slow news day given we're doing the cross gen debate again?

lol Of course.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
What is exactly the number of games that will lanch alongside the PS5 on November 12th ? Including third-party, cross-gen and stuff.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm telling y'all the GDC videos should get you excited at what they may have in mind. This is why I'm very optimistic. There is a wealth of information there about how the develop the games. Ive learned a lot technically from watching the post-Mortems and other presentations on development. From soup to nuts on how the games get made. if people really want to talk authoritatively on this stuff these videos from here. Are gold mines. Them SIGGRAPH etc.

I absolutely love post mortems. They're so damn informative, especially on the technical aspects of game design, and give me a lot to think about when designing gameplay experiences for players. I'm not a technical systems designer, but a lot of my work entails at least some level of technical understanding of how our gameplay systems work, and what it can and cannot do. I also love the Game Makers Toolkit series when it comes to looking at game design from a design perspective.

Xextil

May 19, 2020
DualSense™ |OT| Adaptive Trigger WARNING!

List of supported games

FAQ

Great work! That's help a lot. Maybe you could include Watch Dogs: Legion also: https://www.resetera.com/threads/pl...-unsupported-ots.306661/page-78#post-48970090

Status
Not open for further replies.