• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Deathloop is like the first and last Bethesda game I'm playing. I've actually never played any of the rest of them. Never appealed to me.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Yeah, it's quite funny to see people celebrating and hoping for more. It would be interesting to see reactions if happens the other way around (although we all know it will not happen)

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
It sucks when people are actively relishing in people's sadness and hoping more acquisitions happen .
And you don't even need to go too far lol, here on the forum people were hoping for full exclusivity and are celebrating this.
Like, business are business and I can't do much so I only accept it but seeing this shit is just bizarre, I wish gaming could be a more isolated hobby, I already don't play MP games anyway so I would rather not have the need to share this hobby with anyone if is going to be like this.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh. Days like these are why I just don't enjoy talking about gaming anymore. Fucking hell.
What we learned today is still fairly vague and leaves certain doors open when you look at the wording and combine it with everything else official that has been said about it. People have already forgotten about what was said only 2 days ago and replaced it with something else, to celebrate. Just look at the conclusions and final thoughts on an ongoing situation as they are: noise.

Soulymist

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They whouldn't, just nonsense, if the game doesn't already a ps4 version, they are not going to start making one.
So it was Guerrilla's decision?

They mentioned the flying mounts aren't in the first game because the PS4 can't handle it.
And now they making a game for PS4 again?

It makes no sense unless they didn't know about the existence of a PS5 then.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Tlou 2 remastered and factions 2 is going to be biggest announcement from PlayStation since tlou 2 announcement for me. The havent surprised me or got me with some bigger bomb sínce.

I dont even care that much about Insomniac. They were already making exclusives for PS left and right anyway.

Sequels to successfull games arent really a bomb and I cant remember anything else :/ sad

Jan 20, 2019

They mentioned the flying mounts aren't in the first game because the PS4 can't handle it.

It was PS decision, simple. They start the devolpment of Horizon 2 in 2017 and at the time they decided to release it on ps4 and along the way made a ps5 version.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean that thread is a damn mess. There's people hold onto some hope lol. But also just people expressing disappointment. Then there others literally insulting other users.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
The current state of this forum kinda reminds me of the time when Final Fantasy switched from Nintendo to Playstation, or Resident Evil from Playstation to Nintendo, or GTA got exclusive content for Xbox.
Not exactly the same, but kinda comparable.

It looks like that the RPG Powerhouses are somewhere else, we will have to see if Bioware is still a thing.
Maybe GuerillaGames is even up for a real RPG, who knows.
The action adventure Powerhouse is still were it was before.

Maybe for RPGs it has to be another plastic box for 349 in a year.
Not having a problem with that, but i could understand that people that like to build there Trophielevel have a problem with that.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Yeah, it's quite funny to see people celebrating and hoping for more. It would be interesting to see reactions if happens the other way around (although we all know it will not happen)

Idk I kind of favour Microsoft when it comes to acquisition battles since all their games are guaranteed to be on Windows, Xbox and Streaming. Unless Sony's PC policy opens up a Sony acquisition means a studio is locked on a single system forever.

Like if a studio has to be bought, then I'd rather have their games be on multiple systems.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
It will be alright guys

I've been hugging my backlog often recently, lol.

Even if I should only own a PS5 during all of this gen I'll have more than enough beautiful games to play with all old and future games still coming to Playstation.

Elder Scrolls 6 will be tough to pass over though, so I'll probably buy a Series X by then, but if MS doesn't offer a VR solution on their Xbox till then I'll be even more salty, lol, because Skyrim PSVR is glorious.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro

You don't need to make a game exclusively for the PS5 to evolve certain things.
Miles Morales is better looking and fluid game than Spider Man 2018 even on the PS4.
It's not like 2013 games are the same as 2020's.
And we also don't know if HFW will have feature parity between PS4 and PS5 versions, this was a thing in Miles Morales and Sackboy but we don't know if is going to be the same thing here and everyone would understand if the PS5 version has more or better features than PS4's, as long as it works, plays well and the experience isn't hindered it doesn't matter much.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
You sound like the kind of passionate dev we could use on the team! Now can you tell me what WRPG stands for?

Awesome! That was the easiest interview of my life. I believe WRPG stands for Wacky Realtime Party Game, did i get it right?

What we learned today is still fairly vague and leaves certain doors open when you look at the wording and combine it with everything else official that has been said about it. People have already forgotten about what was said only 2 days ago and replaced it with something else, to celebrate. Just look at the conclusions and final thoughts on an ongoing situation as they are: noise.

No, it really doesn't leave anything for interpretation. People are just trying to cope hard. It was a clear message that all new games that aren't under any contracts are going to be exclusive

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Im not really into what happened today industry future wise but Ive been enjoying the hype the xbox community is having.

Havent seen such concrete good news for that community since the 360?

Could be a great motivation for Sony to hit back with great stuff for the playstation community.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The current state of this forum kinda reminds me of the time when Final Fantasy switched from Nintendo to Playstation, or Resident Evil from Playstation to Nintendo, or GTA got exclusive content for Xbox.
Not exactly the same, but kinda comparable.

It looks like that the RPG Powerhouses are somewhere else, we will have to see if Bioware is still a thing.
Maybe GuerillaGames is even up for a real RPG, who knows.
The action adventure Powerhouse is still were it was before.

Maybe for RPGs it has to be another plastic box for 349 in a year.
Not having a problem with that, but i could understand that people that like to build there Trophielevel have a problem with that.

The thing that's completely bummed me out is that Sony has systematically dumped every single franchise and genre that I've enjoyed in the past in favor of doubling down on all the stuff I've never been that interested in, and now they've lost an entire genre of third party games that used to take up a lot of my attention between major first-party games.

It makes it really hard to see much of a future for myself with PS outside of the fact that my entire last-gen back catalog is on PS4 and I need hardware that can continue to run those games if I ever want to play Bloodborne or FFXV or Nioh 2 again. Like I just can't expect their current slate of studios will EVER make something I care about - Sony's priorities as a publisher and mine as a player just don't match up anymore. And buying studios like Bluepoint or Housemarque won't fix that disconnect.

It really sucks to be in a shitty situation like this where you kind of have to keep buying hardware to support the games you already have when the hardware won't get any new games you care about.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
Im not really into what happened today industry future wise but Ive been enjoying the hype the xbox community is having.

Havent seen such concrete good news for that community since the 360?

Could be a great motivation for Sony to hit back with great stuff for the playstation community.

Yeah, good point. On one hand I'm sad, because well, they've got some studios I really like, but on the other hand, competition is always good and pushes great things. So hopefully Sony has something to push back, we shall see :)

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
vrwdm8oe2ki3.gif

What ever happened to the horizon vr game?
Nothing but a rumor so far.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, Deathloop and Ghostwire saved situation a bit, but after that well, gotta get a better job and build a strong PC to play the games after lol 😂

I'm hoping to pick up a XSX down the line but yeah, I'm really not a fan of this acquisition stuff. The fact that people are celebrating it is also just really dumb to me. Personally I think Game Pass is amazing value (and I absolutely LOVE Ori and Forza Horizon), but I can't really get into the Xbox ecosystem for some reason lol

Anyway, don't let me derail the thread :P

yeah I'll miss Arkane studios, but there's really nothing else Bethesda does that I love. Wolf and Doom are fine too, but I did not like Skyrim or fallout.
Same lol. Ironically the only WRPGs I've really enjoyed are the AC games, which Era just absolutely seems to hate. Then again Era loves Bloodborne and peanut butter, so what do they know 😏

Oct 27, 2017

There's more to Horizon than just flying mounts, and just because the PS5 could probably handle it doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be a feature if it was a PS5 exclusive, the team is still going to have to figure out how it will work, is it fun, how it interacts with other gameplay systems, and many more questions and obstacles they would have to deal with. A game director from Naughty Dog just mentioned how much of an effort it was just to add doors to TLOU2. Game development is more than just "can X system run Y feature".

Jan 20, 2019
The thing that's completely bummed me out is that Sony has systematically dumped every single franchise and genre that I've enjoyed in the past in favor of doubling down on all the stuff I've never been that interested in, and now they've lost an entire genre of third party games that used to take up a lot of my attention between major first-party games.

It makes it really hard to see much of a future for myself with PS outside of the fact that my entire last-gen back catalog is on PS4 and I need hardware that can continue to run those games if I ever want to play Bloodborne or FFXV or Nioh 2 again. Like I just can't expect their current slate of studios will EVER make something I care about - Sony's priorities as a publisher and mine as a player just don't match up anymore. And buying studios like Bluepoint or Housemarque won't fix that disconnect.

It really sucks to be in a shitty situation like this where you kind of have to keep buying hardware to support the games you already have when the hardware won't get any new games you care about.

So, i guess the question really is, why are you buying a ps5?

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Bethesda isn't the only developer capable of making WRPGS lol
Well... in 10 years since Skyrim literally nobody else has even tried to replicate that kind of game (other than Bethesda themselves with Fallout 4, but I found that entry to be disappointing).

Obviously someone else could, but nobody is. And with the time it would take to set up a team for that and make a game of that scale, we'd probably be into PS6 by the time a game materializes if someone decides they want to fill that gap.

Edit: original comment was probably too close to meta commentary on the forum and I don't want to violate the staff post.

I'll just say yes - the thinly veiled fanboy gloating and glee in seeing others get fucked over has been really annoying of late.

Think it's time I take a break from most of gaming side (probably still drop into this thread occasionally to discuss games I'm playing)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Well... in 10 years since Skyrim literally nobody else has even tried to replicate that kind of game (other than Bethesda themselves with Fallout 4, but I found that entry to be disappointing).

Obviously someone else could, but nobody is. And with the time it would take to set up a team for that and make a game of that scale, we'd probably be into PS6 by the time a game materializes if someone decides they want to fill that gap.

It's really fucking annoying, I can't stand it. The gloating, rubbing it in people's faces, and actively begging for more to be bought up largely out of fucking spite and FYGM. And it's all justified with "well it comes out on PC too, so MS should buy up the entire industry - and if you disagree, you're the fanboy."

Think it's time I take a break from most of gaming side (probably still drop into this thread occasionally to discuss

been doing that a lot lately tbh and it's been great. Been enjoying games more as well.

the fact that those posts are just allowed is disappointing for this site.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

or even following Sony at all really. Like if Sony isn't giving you the things you want out of gaming, find someone that does. There is no shortage of places to look in 2021. What exactly is the point of spending so much energy lamenting about how a consumer product isn't what you want it to be?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Im really glad xbox is gearing up . Sony had such an easy time last gen. A strong competition is always good for us

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Well, it's a better hardware after all, between buying an XBOX that offers some games that he doesn't know if he will enjoy or not or buying a PS5 that will play all his games and maybe in the future Sony makes a game he likes, he prefers the second option.
You either change to another system, stay at your current one or sustain both ecosystems at the same time.

Jan 20, 2019
or even following Sony at all really. Like if Sony isn't giving you the things you want out of gaming, find someone that does. There is no shortage of places to look in 2021. What exactly is the point of spending so much energy lamenting about how a consumer product isn't what you want it to be?

I have ask that question 100 of times, till this very day, i have no ideia.

I honestly dont understand, i really dont.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Because I own over 300 games on PS4 and zero on Xbox, so switching platforms wholesale means I would need to re-buy like all of my games on another platform, and lose access to the PS4 exclusives I DID enjoy, just because of one or two Bethesda RPGs.

It's a bad call. My only realistic option is to buy BOTH, but that's prohibitively expensive. There's just no win here.

Jan 20, 2019
Well, it's a better hardware after all, between buying an XBOX that offers some games that he doesn't know if he will enjoy or not or buying a PS5 that will play all his games and maybe in the future Sony makes a game he likes, he prefers the second option.
You either change to another system, stay at your current one or sustain both ecosystems at the same time.

But they said multiple times, there is nothing on ps that enjoys anymore, so that answer still makes no sense.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

At that point wouldn't it be cheaper to just sell your games and rebuy them on the cheap on the platform that is more catering to your tastes? Or just keeping your PS4 and going to a different platform?

Oct 25, 2017

It's really fucking annoying, I can't stand it. The gloating, rubbing it in people's faces, and actively begging for more to be bought up largely out of fucking spite and FYGM. And it's all justified with "well it comes out on PC too, so MS should buy up the entire industry - and if you disagree, you're the fanboy."

Think it's time I take a break from most of gaming side (probably still drop into this thread occasionally to discuss games I'm playing)

i can see that. I guess i mean someone else can't make their place. Those games come out once every generation. There's definitely a void in o be filled.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I think the the purple post will get even longer =|:^)

Without joking, I think the only game you haven't actively shat on recently was Hades. Maybe you seriously do not enjoy games anymore and this is sunk cost fallacy? My man, you have nearly 60k posts about how much you dislike various games, time for some serious inner soul searching.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
At that point wouldn't it be cheaper to just sell your games and rebuy them on the cheap on the platform that is more catering to your tastes? Or just keeping your PS4 and going to a different platform?

I seriously doubt re-buying an entire 300-game library would be anywhere close to cheap, and I would lose my FFXIV account and things like Bloodborne and Uncharted. Like I said, SWITCHING platforms is just not viable.

IonMagus

Feb 18, 2021
Because I own over 300 games on PS4 and zero on Xbox, so switching platforms wholesale means I would need to re-buy like all of my games on another platform, and lose access to the PS4 exclusives I DID enjoy, just because of one or two Bethesda RPGs.

It's a bad call. My only realistic option is to buy BOTH, but that's prohibitively expensive. There's just no win here.

I mean you could just keep your PS4 to play those or buy a PC. Seems like pretty much every bigger First Party Game will come to PC and every Bethesda Game anyway

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
We're waiting for Jimbo to dish out some fresh hype

Like killing Media Molecule and PixelOpus? I am down!.
I kid.. but I am seriously let down by Dreams. 7 years of work for this... man Dreams ia a great project but they obviously wont "finish" it even after 10 years in dev. I played a few hours and then sold the game. I wish MM creates some actual game next... and that it wont take them 7 years ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.