• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
So GOW2 is officiall yGod of War Ragnorok?
smqJx2E.png

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

A bunch of data in there relating to PS5 and the PS business.

PS Now is at 3.2m subscribers - Horizon Forbidden West and Spiderman Miles Morales are listed as future 'quality content inclusion'.

Sony expects the standard PS5 unit to break even next month.

Has some really good info in there .
Should note they have returnal as a new sucessful IP so that is a good sign.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
All fantastic news. Can't wait to play U4 on PC with higher quality.
PS5 to be sold at profit next year, Returnal called a successful IP. A lot of good news.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Posted it on the other thread, but I should post it here too.

unknown.png

God of War nowhere to be found on the PS4 slide, leading to suggest it's not crossgen.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
All fantastic news. Can't wait to play U4 on PC with higher quality.
PS5 to be sold at profit next year, Returnal called a successful IP. A lot of good news.

PS5 to be sold at break even in the next month is faster than i thought .

God of War nowhere to be found on the PS4 slide, leading to suggest it's not crossgen.

They once again said they want to move people as fast as possible GOWR PS5 only will do that for certain .
Just a question if they can get the stock .

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Uncharted coming to PC pretty much confirms that Sony has no intention of maintaining any of its franchises exclusive to their own platform. (Not saying if it's bad or good, by the way)

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Kinda weird that Sony is pushing release of Far Cry 6. Far Cry never had an relation to PlayStation. I think it was mostly associated with Xbox.

At least in general i think. They revealed 4 on Sony's stage.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda weird that Sony is pushing release of Far Cry 6. Far Cry never had an relation to PlayStation. I think it was mostly associated with Xbox.

At least in general i think. They revealed 4 on Sony's stage.
I think Far Cry 3, at least, was at a PlayStation E3 conference (2012?). I recall them making a big deal about a one-time buddy pass, allowing friends that don't own the game to join you for a play through.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uncharted coming to PC pretty much confirms that Sony has no intention of maintaining any of its franchises exclusive to their own platform. (Not saying if it's bad or good, by the way)

It confirms that they are gonna keep port the games to PC years later to gather more audience for the next entries.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

I think that was a given they will port stuff after a few years when the PS eco system dry up .
It's smart business to sell years old ports for 40 to 60 bucks .

eFKac92

Apr 8, 2021

Indeed, really need to start thinking of how to incorporate a PC into my next entertainment center.
Seems like it will be the best platform in terms of available games going forward.
Let's see if this couch gaming on PC is really as close to console gaming as some suggest.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
At the moment their strategy is to generate easy profits by making low costs port of PS4 games.

• No marketing needed (They are famous IPs)
  • Minimal improvements over PS4 versions
  • Low spec PC required

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Which is something that matters more to forum enthusiasts more than the public at large.

For sure. Personally I think that this end up devaluing the platform, but it is a direction that all companies will surely follow from now on. Sony wants to keep the brand PlayStation valued, as consoles are expected to die in the next 10~15 years

At least it is certain that Sony has many large projects in progress, so the PS5 will still be the big highlight, despite being a console with temporary exclusive games

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
For sure. Personally I think that this end up devaluing the platform, but it is a direction that all companies will surely follow from now on. Sony wants to keep the brand PlayStation valued, as consoles are expected to die in the next 10~15 years

At least it is certain that Sony has many large projects in progress, so the PS5 will still be the big highlight, despite being a console with temporary exclusive games
Again with this stuff?

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

That was always going to happen .
PS now made sure of that with PS4 and it will only grow bigger in the up coming years .
Also i still expect consoles to be around just a smaller part of the pie .

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You can't be serious.

Oct 27, 2017
There might be a new Uncharted in the works as well and they may want to gain mind share like they did with Horizon.
Most likely both. By the end of the generation I expect them to have fully transitioned to ps5/pc. Next gen this stuff will be everywhere through streaming cel phones, TVs, etc. Crazy how Nintendo managed to became this successful while still keeping their games exclusive.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't expected to Cloud Gaming be the norm by 2030? Or even 2040?
I don't know. No one can predict what is going to happen in 5 years in the current world, let alone 20 years.
Premium console like PS5 are here to stay for now. PS5 is the fastest PS ever and currently sold out meaning that Sony isn't even close to match demand at the moment.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Returnal counted as "successful ip" take that, non believers.
Yeah, at least Sony is happy with it. And thats all that matters. Means we may get more from Housemarque on PS5 and later consoles and more Returnal.

About Uncharted 4on PC, IIRC Matt hinted that both Sony and MS's goals would be similar.

This could be one, more games on PC. Its an older game, we'll see how the reception goes. HZD must be doing great on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.