Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
God this game looks fucking amazing. I wish they would do a non-fighting game in this style, even i its a side scroller or metroidvania

If they really are doing that my hero academia game its prob gonna sell more than DBZ
There is no universe parallel or otherwise where MHA is more popular than DBZ, lmao.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
What? How does that confirm we won't be getting any indies other than Kena this summer? I expect solar ash to be dropping soon

I always expected Stray, little devil inside solar ash and others to be in some sort of event or SoP before release. There is still just 2021 on Solar Ash website. I expect fall at the earliest.

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think Sony is going to do an event this June. They already did the state of play (horizon 2), ratchet is coming next week, Intergrade too. God of war delayed, gt7 delayed, deathloop delayed to september....

So probably august or late july for Kena, Ghostwire tokyo, deathloop, devil inside...

I won't expect any announcements to be honest. Next year we will have: GOW, GT7, maybe Horizon 2 if it's delayed, FF XVI probably too...

This gen will go slow (imho)

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
I don't think Sony is going to do an event this June. They already did the state of play (horizon 2), ratchet is coming next week, Intergrade too. God of war delayed, gt7 delayed, deathloop delayed to september....

So probably august or late july for Kena, Ghostwire tokyo, deathloop, devil inside...

I won't expect any announcements to be honest. Next year we will have: GOW, GT7, maybe Horizon 2 if it's delayed, FF XVI probably too...

This gen will go slow (imho)
conferences usually have a pair of main announcements, but most of the content is from already announced games
Microsoft and Betehsda have a lot of games announced, of course their focus will be on those games for example

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018

00:00 Dreams is NOT Dying
04:05 What's Worth Playing in Dreams
09:25 Why Do Some Gamers Hate Dreams
18:54 The Future of Dreams

Dreams has been getting some absolutely fantastic original creations in the last few months. This site and quite frankly a lot of other sites in the broader gaming community are overlooking Dreams completely. In fact, as one comment under this video suggests, there is even a sort of apathy towards it, not being recognized at all. i very much agree. And still there is much reason to be optimistic about the future of Dreams. Uglysofagaming, the video creator, also showcases some of his favorite Dreams towards the middle of the video , so give it a watch.

What do you think about the video and Dreams?

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
Dave Chlystek has joined Insomniac as Sr. Storyboard Artist.

xBGYXos.jpg

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
Regarding a possible June event, if that happens, I would expect it to be very late in the month. With how Sony is communicating now, I don't see them sharing the spotlight with all the big announcements coming very soon.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018

Dreams has been getting some absolutely fantastic original creations in the last few months. This site and quite frankly a lot of other sites in the broader gaming community are overlooking Dreams completely. In fact, as one comment under this video suggests, there is even a sort of apathy towards it, not being recognized at all. i very much agree. And still there is much reason to be optimistic about the future of Dreams. Uglysofagaming, the video creator, also showcases some of his favorite Dreams towards the middle of the video , so give it a watch.

I did buy Dreams in the last sale but have yet to start it. I always plan to get it started but just never get to it. Apathy is the perfect word for it. Maybe the official playstation channels need to put out videos like 5 fav dreams of the week or something(unless they already do it?). Get more eyes on it. Tell the average PS user that this game is as important as their other games.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017

I personally think Dreams should get a relaunch with a more meatier campaign from MM themselves so that they can have more marketing material to entice people with.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I did buy Dreams in the last sale but have yet to start it. I always plan to get it started but just never get to it. Apathy is the perfect word for it. Maybe the official playstation channels need to put out videos like 5 fav dreams of the week or something(unless they already do it?). Get more eyes on it. Tell the average PS user that this game is as important as their other games.

Make sure to come by my weekly update Best Dreams Creations OT if you are struggling to find stuff to play. Though curation is much improved by now.

About Sony: This is along the line of what I have been thinking, MM only has so much reach, and Sony doesn't do too much to help. Even approaching some of the best Dreams talent with a dev kit to make a little PSN game. What they will do is a PS Plus/PS Now or PC port at some point soon, I think.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
I personally think Dreams should get a relaunch with a more meatier campaign from MM themselves so that they can have more marketing material to entice people with.
They can do whatever it still won't make people play it. It's one of those games where in your head it sounds amazing. But then you go to make something and realise it takes ages and looks nothing like you envisioned no matter how good the tools are so you give up. Plus getting people to play your creations is another dull task. Especially when not many people are even playing it to get any attention. Media molecule are so talented but this game was never gonna have the LBP effect and I can see their next games being more traditional. Either that or they put it on pc where it would have way way way more traction.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
You guys think he'll be working on the next Ratchet game?
Hm. Possibly, but only because from what we know about Insomniac is that they don't really have "teams" for each game, so he'll probably have a hand in pretty much any projects they're working on.

However, his background involves a lot of superhero stuff, so Spider-Man would definitely be the first thing that comes into my mind.

edit: Just saw he worked on Megas XLR. I miss that show.

mercuralia

Sep 30, 2020
Portugal
Hm. Possibly, but only because from what we know about Insomniac is that they don't really have "teams" for each game, so he'll probably have a hand in pretty much any projects they're working on.

However, his background involves a lot of superhero stuff, so Spider-Man would definitely be the first thing that comes into my mind.

edit: Just saw he worked on Megas XLR. I miss that show.

That makes sense, but it's a given that a new Spider-Man is in the works. My doubts are about whether Insomniac will start working on a new Ratchet immediately (if they haven't already), do something different, or both.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
They can do whatever it still won't make people play it. It's one of those games where in your head it sounds amazing. But then you go to make something and realise it takes ages and looks nothing like you envisioned no matter how good the tools are so you give up. Plus getting people to play your creations is another dull task. Especially when not many people are even playing it to get any attention. Media molecule are so talented but this game was never gonna have the LBP effect and I can see their next games being more traditional. Either that or they put it on pc where it would have way way way more traction.
Which is why I think they should make a full length campaign ala LBP and focus the marketing on that while talking up the creation tools on the side.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Am I the only one who doesn't understand the appeal of flying mounts? Don't they defeat the purpose of crafting an open-world to explore?
It's interesting for backtracking while avoiding combat or camp, or going back to very high places without having to climb everything again.
But I agree it's not interesting for going forward. Especially because, like they said in interviews, the game has set pieces.
So it probably won't be unlocked too soon.

It's the 78 person working here hyping the game. They are reaaaaaally confident about it :)
Regarding a possible June event, if that happens, I would expect it to be very late in the month. With how Sony is communicating now, I don't see them sharing the spotlight with all the big announcements coming very soon.
I think it's too late to be before too.
But let see if FF Origin is announced at SE event.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
That makes sense, but it's a given that a new Spider-Man is in the works. My doubts are about whether Insomniac will start working on a new Ratchet immediately (if they haven't already), do something different, or both.
I fully expect Ratchet & Clank to finish after Rift Apart.

And be replaced with a series about Rivet.

Nah, I'm sure they'll be making Ratchet & Clank games again in future.

KatharsisT

Banned
Mar 2, 2020
Not cool

Yeah, Rivet will maybe still play an important part in the sequels but the two main heroes will still be here. I expect them to do a trilogy again and then maybe finish the story for good. But there's still so much to tell about the Lombaxes and all that ...

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020
How many here cling to the hope that Sony will announce a date for Future of Gaming/State of Play event today?

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017

Serious answer, they now could have 2 pillars to support the IP.

Ratchet in traditional mainline & Rivet with different/new directions.

Assuming both alive in Rift Apart ending.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
How many here cling to the hope that Sony will announce a date for Future of Gaming/State of Play event today?
My feeling is that,
If it happens before E3, it will be announced today, if not, then we gotta wait a bit after E3, probably at least until late June for the showcase.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
They are past beta and are in the final stages of development

How far along is the game in development at this point?
Mathijs de Jonge:

www.hardwarezone.com.sg

Interview: Horizon Forbidden West's creators promise a highly ambitious sequel

Will Aloy finally get to fly on a machine? We talked to the creators of Horizon Forbidden West to find out.
Ohh this makes so more confident of a 2021 release date. Guess we will know by August or September if the game makes a release in this year.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ratchet preloaded and on standby! That sweet sweet retro/psychedelic SciFi music background...

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018

I believe they will announce it just about 3 days in advance.
I also believe that maybe a month is set in stone, but the real date is not even decided yet. That is why the date it will happen will not leak.
Also i believe they asked a lot of smaller studios for some gameplay clips, but it is not yet decided which will even be showed.

I believe they will go last.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I am already at the mindset that Sony is pulling 2019 and that they don't care about June schedule of E3. Hope they prove me wrong.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Serious answer, they now could have 2 pillars to support the IP.

Ratchet in traditional mainline & Rivet with different/new directions.

Assuming both alive in Rift Apart ending.
My dream is they have Ratchet as the traditional franchise and take Rivet forward in a kind of Biomutant open-world route (but, you know, actually good), though I know that would be a lot of effort to work on both of those and Spider-Man so it's just wishful thinking from me.

However, whilst I think they would probably continue with Ratchet, I do have a nagging feeling based on how Rift Apart seems to open that the game might actually end with Ratchet going to the Lombax dimension and passing the torch to Rivet who decides to stay behind. It's not really based on anything other than a knowledge of tropes and traditional story modelling applied to what we know of the game, but the feeling is still there.

War95

Feb 17, 2021
My dream is they have Ratchet as the traditional franchise and take Rivet forward in a kind of Biomutant open-world route (but, you know, actually good), though I know that would be a lot of effort to work on both of those and Spider-Man so it's just wishful thinking from me.

However, whilst I think they would probably continue with Ratchet, I do have a nagging feeling based on how Rift Apart seems to open that the game might actually end with Ratchet going to the Lombax dimension and passing the torch to Rivet who decides to stay behind. It's not really based on anything other than a knowledge of tropes and traditional story modelling applied to what we know of the game, but the feeling is still there.
Theres no way in hell they are going to kill off Ratchet in a franchise called Ratchet and Clank lmao Rivet becoming a recurring character? I can see that happening

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
My dream is they have Ratchet as the traditional franchise and take Rivet forward in a kind of Biomutant open-world route (but, you know, actually good)
giphy.gif

My dream as well.

It'll be evolution & fresh experience for the IP.

I dunno how they're gonna continue with/without Ratchet and/or Rivet, but with how well the receptions of Rivet, Insomniac could create new main character that doesn't depend both Ratchet and/or Clank.

In my opinion, the IP potential is as vast as Solana galaxy (hyperbole), but as long it doesn't ended up same-old same-old again, I'll believe it could be bigger.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I think you are all overestimating Rivet...

This franchise is about Ratchet and Clank. Just like Crash, with different characters. Rivet is just a new character that seems cool. It's crazy to me that people already think about a game only for her. Don't want that. A dream game about a character you don't even know, yet. Trust me, there's fans of R&C that don't care about Rivet.

Rather make a new IP.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Theres no way in hell they are going to kill off Ratchet in a franchise called Ratchet and Clank lmao Rivet becoming a recurring character? I can see that happening
I mean, they can just name the game something else. We've had Secret Agent Clank which had no Ratchet in the past. No different to how spin offs work in every other work of media.

Status
Not open for further replies.