• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Horizon FW PC version announcement
That's my predicition

Day and date PC or day and date PS Now would be interesting. The PS Now option would be further complicated by the service not supporting PS5 versions of games yet, so that means PS Now subscribers could play the PS4 version of the game, and PS5 owners could buy the game to get the best quality version.

While not a perfect solution it might be Sony's way of having their cake and eating it too. If Miles Morales is indicative of anything it appears the PS5 version of cross-gen titles sells more. So they have the PS5 version only playable by buying the game, and the PS4 version available to those subscribed to Now to get everyone else on board with the service. Do it now while PS Now is on sale for 25% off during Days of Play and presto, huge amounts of PS Now subscribers preparing for Forbidden West PS4 version.

Obviously that's not a long term strategy since cross-gen games will only come out for so long, but it's not ENTIRELY unrealistic I think.

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
We would consider that Horizon Zero Dawn sold pretty well on Steam and It shows there Is a very good interest from PC gamers Who are not going to buy a console, like me. I think PS5 and SerieX are great Hardware for their price but i'll not buy console anymore (i had PS4 and Xbox360) because i loved play with mouse and keyboard and with the best graphic i can: i Know, PC gaming Is quite expensive but It's the best platform if you have the right hardware.

I played HZD on PC and i really liked It so i Hope to see the sequel soon on PC.
And as you said, PS would wnat that piece of cake: PC games Market Is much biggest than Xbox+PS combined. Much Money on It and PS Is now understanding It.

John.Smith

Banned
Feb 26, 2021
We would consider that Horizon Zero Dawn sold pretty well on Steam and It shows there Is a very good interest from PC gamers Who are not going to buy a console, like me. I think PS5 and SerieX are great Hardware for their price but i'll not buy console anymore (i had PS4 and Xbox360) because i loved play with mouse and keyboard and with the best graphic i can: i Know, PC gaming Is quite expensive but It's the best platform if you have the right hardware.

I played HZD on PC and i really liked It so i Hope to see the sequel soon on PC.
And as you said, PS would wnat that piece of cake: PC games Market Is much biggest than Xbox+PS combined. Much Money on It and PS Is now understanding It.

They are not going to do day and date PC for HFW, the trailer literally says "Playstation Exclusive" on the State Of Play and the announcement trailer. That would be false advertising and frankly not a very smart thing to do. They will probably release a PC port when it stops selling units, doing day and date would affect PS5 sales negatively which Sony definitely does not want

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Horizon FW PC version announcement
That's my predicition

Zero chance this is happening, and wouldn't be a good idea for Sony trying to sell a new console and all. I mean if all Sony exclusives were day and date on PC, I would just go fully PC. I mean my PC isn't that much bigger than my PS5, and this despite PS5 being my main gaming system and having a good PC with PC gamepass. No chance. Will hit down the road though, probably after 3 years I would say.

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
They are not going to do day and date PC for HFW, the trailer literally says "Playstation Exclusive" on the State Of Play and the announcement trailer. That would be false advertising and frankly not a very smart thing to do. They will probably release a PC port when it stops selling units, doing day and date would affect PS5 sales negatively which Sony definitely does not want

I know and for this reason i said "soon", maybe on year later. But It's my opinion.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
See, I'm not so sure it's going to be PS Now related, especially since the Now games for June have just been released. It's literally the longest period of time until the next Now release of titles.

PS Now revamp with expansion to more countries? Get the news out there before the E3 stuff starts grabbing more headlines. That slide that included Miles Morales and Horizon FW for PS Now are still throwing me off. They could've just been there for illustrative purposes to signify bigger titles, or they could've specifically been chosen for a reason as they'll be on the service in the not too distant future.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

👀

unknown.png

unknown.png

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Offcourse something could be announced today but i think Shinobi was taking the piss.
What are the chances that he was waiting for someone to say something about violent wednesday yesterday to react to it about 20 minutes later

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
For me it was PBR and foliage. Like, the foliage improvements we saw last gen compared to the previous are staggering.

And, of course, I agree that wind simulation was a huge part of last-gen, too.

MAN PS4 was such a huge jump from PS3. Some transformative changes. Unfortunately PS5 is not nearly as big a graphical jump as PS4 was (at least not yet).

I think the jump will be bigger thanks to the combo CPU & SSD.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Maybe for Housemarque and Bluepoint acquisitions
Acording to a friend that actually knows what this means.
This means they about to buy someone as this is for integrating whoever they buying into the company structure. It also means it's likely not a big company which are likelier to stay independent structurally like Bethesda is

bud

Oct 27, 2017

this game has gotten such phenomenal support from polyphony.

it's amazing how far they've come. sport is basically the premier online racing game on consoles—which is pretty amazing considering the franchise was considered archaic at one point.

i've had some incredible races online.

i can't wait to see what they do with gt7.

War95

Banned
Feb 17, 2021
And, of course, I agree that wind simulation was a huge part of last-gen, too.

MAN PS4 was such a huge jump from PS3. Some transformative changes. Unfortunately PS5 is not nearly as big a graphical jump as PS4 was (at least not yet).
PS5 is the jump on performance, PS3 was a shitty system and PS4 was a god sent but the QoL the PS5 is bringing on is already insane imo and is going to get better

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Whatever Sony's doing for mobile I can see them looking to make games to encompass their PlayStation IP, their anime IP (also Kadokawa IP from that recent deal) and have many of their games cross play between mobile and console (maybe PC too) to draw in as large a crowd as possible.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
That job refers to actual mergers & acquisition. It's not an uncommon HR role in many large organizations, but anecdotally I don't believe we've ever had a dedicated HR role for SIE HR to have one focused primarily on M&A. It doesn't happen often enough at SIE to demand a dedicated headcount, generally speaking.

There's nothing much to take away from it other than - shocking news, SIE are looking at M&A and have salaried employees paid to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.