• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here is a brief first look at what the PlayStation-exclusive Spider-Man will look like in Square Enix's Avengers.

FDdYW3aVIAQS7Wn

Full reveal coming soon.

GlamPrime

Banned
Nov 1, 2021
How much do you think Forbidden West will sell in its first week?
Personally, I would guess somewhere between 3.2-3.4 million but I might be a bit over optimistic with that.
For reference, Zero Dawn sold 2.6 million in its first 2 weeks

It depends on the marketing but I'm sure it'll break TLOU 2's record. Oddly, I'm more interested in the PS5/PS4 split.

Oct 27, 2017
They can continue on if they want with someone else.

The point is, they don't want to make another and thus Days Gone was born as they wanted to make a zombie game. Now they are doing a whole new IP. If they wanted to make another Syphon Filter then they would have done so but they clearly don't want.

I want another but another team will have to make it. That is for the best as I don't want a sequel they don't want to make.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
They can continue on if they want with someone else.

The point is, they don't want to make another and thus Days Gone was born as they wanted to make a zombie game. Now they are doing a whole new IP. If they wanted to make another Syphon Filter then they would have done so but they clearly don't want.

I want another but another team will have to make it. That is for the best as I don't want a sequel they don't want to make.
Days gone was atrocious and I was happy when they could not make another. They should make syphon filter or face certain doom.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I've no interest in a Syphon filter game, so it's nice that they are working on a new IP.

I already said it a few times, but Bend's weather system in a fantasy world would be fire.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
TLOU2 seems like it was more front loaded and really had no long term sales, They haven't really updated, gamestats before it's shut down kind of revealed kind of amount of players generally, Horizon for it's first entry had incredible sales though some via discounts, releasing via cross gen is going to help with it's sales. I think it's going to do very well and it's one of the biggest games since maybe Miles and a visual showcase as well. Also adding the first game did very well over 20 million mostly because it also had a remaster as well, we know the PS3 version at least did something like 8 million

Last edited:

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
TLOU2 seems like it was more front loaded and really had no long term sales, They haven't really updated, gamestats before it's shut down kind of revealed kind of amount of players generally, Horizon for it's first entry had incredible sales though some via discounts, releasing via cross gen is going to help with it's sales. I think it's going to do very well and it's one of the biggest games since maybe Miles and a visual showcase as well. Also adding the first game did very well over 20 million mostly because it also had a remaster as well, we know the PS3 version at least did something like 8 million
Ehh TLOU2 was also the sequel to a bigger game. I think GoW:R will beat its opening weekend record but I'd be shocked if HFW does

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Sigh the game sold 4 million and was the fastest selling PS game ever that's not something that any game can just do
blog.playstation.com

The Last of Us Part II sells more than 4 million copies

Naughty Dog’s gripping follow-up is a hit with fans.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Sigh the game sold 4 million and was the fastest selling PS game ever that's not something that any game can just do
blog.playstation.com

The Last of Us Part II sells more than 4 million copies

Naughty Dog’s gripping follow-up is a hit with fans.
I don't disagree, TLOU2 was in general a great and huge success, I just don't think it's quite implausible that Horizon might beat it's sales Horizon was huge, TLOU2 showed signs of sales slowdown more than other games showing that from a sales point of view, it's not quite unbeatable in it's long term aspects, whose to say short term as well? Especially Horizon also has cross generational reliance as well - two different versions.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Can we get a Motorstorm Horizon game please

Imagine a big open world tropical island with various types of races plus just off-roading looking for various collectibles?

g4Nu9Z.gif

Last edited:

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I don't disagree, TLOU2 was in general a great and huge success, I just don't think it's quite implausible that Horizon might beat it's sales Horizon was huge, TLOU2 showed signs of sales slowdown more than other games showing that from a sales point of view, it's not quite unbeatable in it's long term aspects, whose to say short term as well? Especially Horizon also has cross generational reliance as well - two different versions.

Not really.

US (6th best selling game in 2020): https://www.resetera.com/threads/np...-hw-in-units-revenue-yearly-sw-charts.361915/
Europe (7th): https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-across-europe-in-2020-european-annual-report

Makes sense for TLOU2 to be more front-loaded than a new IP like Ghost of Tsushima (or even GOW "reboot") due to being a sequel and very story-heavy. Whoever was willing to buy it at full-price got it asap, while others waited for sales (the first times there was a significant sale the game started appearing in the charts again).

Not saying it's impossible for Horizon to beat TLOU2 record, though I'm not expecting it. I think GOW Ragnarok and Spider-Man 2 (this one 100%) will do it though.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

If you wish to argue long term aspects then it's worth keeping in mind that TLOU2 will undoubtedly get additional sales boosts from the HBO series and Factions 2 which will bring more people into the franchise. Not to mention we know they're remaking TLOU for the PS5, so it's not outside of the realm of possibility that TLOU2 will get a remaster/remake as well. Point being, if you want to discuss long term then TLOU2 has a lot more going on in the future that will extend its legs.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
So, out of curiosity, I've skimmed through Sony's electronics website to see what products and equipment they sell and...my head is spinning. So they sell the typical televisions, speakers, headphones, mobile phones, camera, projectors, and the like. Then things start to get...weird. First, some of the pricing for these products are quite ludicrous. There's a projector that costs around $80,000. The pricing for projectors in general is just absurdly expensive. Although, this seems to be less for an average consumer and more for a professional or even for businesses like movie theaters. Outside of projectors, there's some odd stuff in the audio division. You can get a neckband speaker, which looks like a neck warmer. They have multiple of these, by the way, so it's successful enough to make multiple products of the same genre, so to speak. If you're itching for a really expensive TV, Sony has you covered. If you want a robotic dog... with accessories, Sony has it. There's also something called a Spatial Reality Display, which I'm assuming creates holographic projections of sorts. It costs $5,000 so if you're rich as hell, you can get something like that to show off to your prole friends.

Now, if you really want your socks blown off, there's another division at Sony you may not have heard of, but Sony has a biotechnology division. If you're unfamiliar with biotech, a layman's definition would be technology dedicated to analyzing biological constructs such as cells, microbial organisms, and viruses. So, to review everything Sony produces, operates, what have you. They have a video game division that produces gaming hardware, peripherals, and software. An entertainment division that distributes and produces films and television series across the globe, as well as own some television networks across the globe. They have a bank in Japan that offers financial services like life insurance and other things of that nature. They have a music division that owns a variety of labels, covering virtually every genre of music in most global territories. Said music division also has some subsidiaries that handle video game distribution and production and is responsible for a large part of Sony's anime distribution and production. They also have a semiconductor division that works on image processors among other things. They also develop technologies used for healthcare purposes (although its role is limited to imaging and providing an internet network for healthcare professionals).They have an electronics business that is really broad due to a large consolidation happening recently. Ranging from televisions, to cameras, to blu-ray and DVD players, to headphones and speakers, to robotic dogs, to drones, and projectors that cost a fortune. Of course, I would be remiss to ignore their upcoming electronic automotive venture and energy division that develops batteries for electric vehicles.

So just in case you were wondering just how robust this conglomerate is...just take a glimpse at their Wikipedia page and product pages. Anyway, this is probably the most diversified corporation that's involved in the gaming industry and I find that really interesting.
One of the reasons why Apple and Sony are my favorite company. They just make stuff trying to wow consumers, gotta love Sony for their weirdness.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Gran Turismo 7.

www.gtplanet.net

More Gran Turismo 7 Trailers Leak Out: "Tracks" and "Personalization"

Update: The videos have now been removed, though we managed to preserve them on our own YouTube channel first. Update (November 9): As expected, the first of the two videos has now been officially released. Update (November 11): Also right on schedule, the second of the two videos now has an o

Excuse me...you mean it's not real life? Holy shit 👀

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I'm most likely assuming waaayyy to much but this is from January.

With the recent announcement Amy Henning and Skydances' partnership being a Marvel game, it could be possible I guess. Their partnership was announced in 2019.

They wouldn't be able to set it in Insomniac's Spider-Man Universe though, since it's... you know... a SIE thing. So unless that Skydance Marvel game is published by SIE, I doubt it.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Just watched it the other day in Evangelion Thrice Upon a Time, but DualShock 4 attached to camera was a thing?

lrsawydozeh71.jpg

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
They wouldn't be able to set it in Insomniac's Spider-Man Universe though, since it's... you know... a SIE thing. So unless that Skydance Marvel game is published by SIE, I doubt it.
Yeah for sure, I posted it more so for the shifty eye emoji response from Troy Baker than the initial tweet causing the response. I took it as his insinuation that there is something to that request but it is most likely out of the question though as it's very unlikely mo-cap is complete at this point.

Last edited:

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame the action-espionage genre has pretty much faded away; Metal Gear, Syphon Filter, Splinter Cell? Nowhere to be seen and there's been no real attempts for other studios to fill in the gap.
Yeah, I'm already missing the genre so I'd love for Sony to partner with another dev if there are any interested in the genre to take a crack at a new third-person scifi stealth IP, MGS was the main one for me so I'm already missing it.

Last edited:

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm already missing the genre so I'd love for Sony to partner with another dev if there are any interested in the genre to take a crack at a new third-person scifi stealth IP, MGS was the main one for me so I'm already missing it.
I'm sure an indie studio will pick up the reigns within the next few years and have a nice stealth action series that's inspired by MGS. I miss MGS too and MGSV wasn't the way I wanted the series to go out either.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Horizon isn't gonna break The Last of Us Part II's record lmao, not a chance. Part II was the sequel to one of the most critically acclaimed games ever from one of the most beloved developers ever, and while Zero Dawn was great and Guerrilla has shown themselves to be a good studio with that game it's not even close to The Last of Us and Naughty Dog. The only games capable of beating Part II's record are God of War Ragnarök, Spider-Man 2 (very safe bet imo) and Naughty Dog's next game.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon FW is gonna do big numbers but it's not doing TLOU2 numbers lol

Ragnarok on the other hand…

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
My brother tried Horizon Zero Dawn three times and has never to the desert looking area after you cross that bridge. He just couldn't get into it, which surprised me since he loves open world games so much. Apparently in his case fourth time is the charm, because he played it again when it got patched to 60fps on PS5 and LOVED it. Don't know what changed really besides the move to 60fps (which, since he's a PC gamer is probably fairly important), but he ended up loving the story and world and everything. Now he's as excited about Forbidden West as me.

Status
Not open for further replies.