Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
yikes, so far just as busy as jan and feb for me, and who knows what else gets announced by then 2022 is pretty clean slate right now

• Gran Turismo 7 - March 4
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - March 18
  • Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - March 25
  • Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS5) - March 2022
  • Marvel's Midnight Suns - March 2022
next year is gonna break me

March should be glad I'm interested in Gran Turismo 7. (not a jab to you, I just really don't like any of those games).

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I don't need no broken knee caps right now.
743122951683047529.gif

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
March should be glad I'm interested in Gran Turismo 7. (not a jab to you, I just really don't like any of those games).

it was just a list i found somewhere im not buying all those lol

im just saying releases are starting to stack up. i'll probably get the marvel x-com thingie, Final Fantasy origins, and GT7

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Queen will be missed. Always enjoyed her posts.

I pray every night for a Path of Radiance and/or Radiant Dawn HD port for the Switch. No way I can afford those used game prices. Hopefully I get to experience them one day.
Yeah, luckily I still have my original copies from back when they came out. Some of my favorite games of all time (I struggle to separate/rank them because they feel like two parts of the whole experience)

When I left for college back in the day, my sister and/or her boyfriend stole and sold my entire PS2, Gamecube, DS, and Wii collection. Easily over 50 games. Luckily, one of my friends had been borrowing both Fire Emblem games and we had both forgotten. One day, he cleaned his room to move out of his parent's house and found them. I was so happy/relieved lol.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Fully expected to see a headline saying, "Jim ryan says Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart only possible on PlayStation 5" or "Jim Ryan says PS5 had the best software launch of all time" /kanye

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Game trials are already being expanded beyond first party games

The only thing that kinda sucks (if I get that right) is that the countdown begins the moment you actually just start downloading rather than firing off game itself.
For people with slower internet it might be a stinger.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
it was just a list i found somewhere im not buying all those lol

im just saying releases are starting to stack up. i'll probably get the marvel x-com thingie, Final Fantasy origins, and GT7

Oh I get it now lol the Marvel game is probably gonna be great but the genre is not for me. I want FF to be good because I'm a fan of the franchise and I liked Nioh but I don't trust they can pull this off, I'm on wait for reviews camp right now and I'm confident they'll be... not good.

GT 7 I'm all in, not a huge fan of racers but I loved GT 1, 2, 4, and I took the risk with Sports at release and I loved it as well. 7 sounds like the definitive GT experience.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Queen will be missed. Always enjoyed her posts.

Yeah, luckily I still have my original copies from back when they came out. Some of my favorite games of all time (I struggle to separate/rank them because they feel like two parts of the whole experience)

When I left for college back in the day, my sister and/or her boyfriend stole and sold my entire PS2, Gamecube, DS, and Wii collection. Easily over 50 games. Luckily, one of my friends had been borrowing both Fire Emblem games and we had both forgotten. One day, he cleaned his room to move out of his parent's house and found them. I was so happy/relieved lol.

WTF????? Did they have a crack addiction or something. That is super scummy. At least you got to keep those games.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Oh I get it now lol the Marvel game is probably gonna be great but the genre is not for me. I want FF to be good because I'm a fan of the franchise and I liked Nioh but I don't trust they can pull this off, I'm on wait for reviews camp right now and I'm confident they'll be... not good.

GT 7 I'm all in, not a huge fan of racers but I loved GT 1, 2, 4, and I took the risk with Sports at release and I loved it as well. 7 sounds like the definitive GT experience.

I find the gameplay of origins really good and the 2nd enviornment really sold me on the idea that the entire game won't just be dark drab castles. They have a lot they need to fix before here and March though because it's incredibly rough around the edges, way more so than Nioh

I'm not really good are racing Sims but I 100% want to play GT7 on PSVR2. I wonder when they will announce that

Zaywop

Dec 19, 2020
Question as it pertains to PlayStation games being made for day and date with other Platforms:

I do not care about the console wars or how PS doing that would impact them. The only thing that concerns me is that, as I understand it, Cerny and the console dev team created the PS5 with the intention of putting in an SSD and I/O that couldn't be matched elsewhere in the industry. And the ideas was the the first party teams would be able to create games that simply aren't possible on other platforms.

If PS5 games start being made day and date with PC for instance, won't that limit what those games could possibly be? I'm not trying to say the PS5 is more powerful than top line PCs but I'd imagine the games would be designed with some minimum spec in consideration. Also this is a genuine post, I don't PC game so if I'm completely missing the boat here please feel free to correct me.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
If Horizon, GT7, & God Of War all drop before June then Sony doesn't have to release a 1st party game for the remainder of the year. Also toss Forspoken in there and that's damn near overkill.

Oct 25, 2017
Question as it pertains to PlayStation games being made for day and date with other Platforms:

I do not care about the console wars or how PS doing that would impact them. The only thing that concerns me is that, as I understand it, Cerny and the console dev team created the PS5 with the intention of putting in an SSD and I/O that couldn't be matched elsewhere in the industry. And the ideas was the the first party teams would be able to create games that simply aren't possible on other platforms.

If PS5 games start being made day and date with PC for instance, won't that limit what those games could possibly be? I'm not trying to say the PS5 is more powerful than top line PCs but I'd imagine the games would be designed with some minimum spec in consideration. Also this is a genuine post, I don't PC game so if I'm completely missing the boat here please feel free to correct me.
In a few years the difference between the PS5's I/O design and PCs may become trivial. At that point the decision to release day and date would be largely a business decision rather than a technical one. I still don't think they will, especially if the PS5 continues its current trajectory.

As for games in current development (aside from those releasing soon as cross-gen titles), I'd imagine first party is focusing narrowly on the PS5 and its unique capabilities.

Zaywop

Dec 19, 2020
In a few years the difference between the PS5's I/O design and PCs may become trivial. At that point the decision to release day and date would be largely a business decision rather than a technical one. I still don't think they will, especially if the PS5 continues its current trajectory.

As for games in current development (aside from those releasing soon as cross-gen titles), I'd imagine first party is focusing narrowly on the PS5 and its unique capabilities.
Yeah this makes a lot of sense, and if that were to be the case then have at it. I like the ease of console gaming so I'll continue to do that but I can sympathize with what Jim's point is. Most of Sony's games these days have deserved to sell a lot more than they do and the teams behind them deserve it too.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this makes a lot of sense, and if that were to be the case then have at it. I like the ease of console gaming so I'll continue to do that but I can sympathize with what Jim's point is. Most of Sony's games these days have deserved to sell a lot more than they do and the teams behind them deserve it too.
I think Jim Ryan's desire to see 100s of millions of players speaks more to their plans for streaming rather than native ports to the PC. There may be many millions of additional PC players out there, but those with hardware that will play high end AAA games is a smaller segment of that population. So hardware is still a barrier to entry with that approach compared to streaming to a TV or a set-top box or a lower end PC.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
The only thing that kinda sucks (if I get that right) is that the countdown begins the moment you actually just start downloading rather than firing off game itself.
For people with slower internet it might be a stinger.
I read somewhere that you can download it with one subaccount, and then play the full 5h trial with your main account. Not the ideal, but at least does the thing for now until they change it.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017

Yup. As someone who games on both, Who cares if games are release same day as PC. It has zero effect on the games quality and more revenue is made that can go towards more games and work for devs, no matter the project.

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, sorry for derailing again the thread but I have to share with you all a message from QueenVulpix (she asked me if I could share it):
[Hidden content]
I wish her all the best, I lurk far more than I post but I just have to say she will definitely be missed and she contributed a lot to make this PS community awesome. Also I had no idea about the negativity surrounding Kena I didn't buy the game but I thought is was well received by critics and users?

Mafusto

Dec 4, 2017
Yup. As someone who games on both, Who cares if games are release same day as PC. It has zero effect on the games quality and more revenue is made that can go towards more games and work for devs, no matter the project.

Why still have a console if you are going to release the game day and date on PC? I'm curious to see how Sony will react if they actually go this way in the future.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Why still have a console if you are going to release the game day and date on PC? I'm curious to see how Sony will react if they actually go this way in the future.
Ease of use, cheaper, physical media, couch gaming (most casual gamers won't buy a PC and connect it to the TV) comes with a controller, ability to play your backlog, access to its ecosystem that's been accumuling over the years etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.