Status
Not open for further replies.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Wouldn't it be better to get those releases out of the way though cause we know we won't see them?
Nah, because we know we wont see them and/or because it doesn't matter if we see them (TLoU is a Remake so we don't need to see more, and Ragnarök will probably get its own SoP) it's fine. At this point I can wait until after Part I is out, but holy fuck I really don't wanna wait until November.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
The gamelists feature is so welcome. Finally the library section doesn't have to be a complete mess
18246d3b05441-screenshot-Url.jpg

4 gifts from Avenger54321

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 4 gifts from Avenger54321 Avenger54321!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Avenger54321 said:
Got 4 codes for the US Software Beta.

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 5 (US) PlayStation 5 (US): Software Beta - Won by Vincent4756 Vincent4756 (8 entries)
  • PlayStation 5 (US) PlayStation 5 (US): Software Beta - Won by Templeusox Templeusox (5 entries)
  • PlayStation 5 (US) PlayStation 5 (US): Software Beta - Won by SilverX SilverX (4 entries)
  • PlayStation 5 (US) PlayStation 5 (US): Software Beta - Won by Mubrik_ Mubrik_ (4 entries)

ChaosSlayer

Jul 16, 2021
I still wonder if/when Sony will announce anime adaptations for some PlayStation IPs. It's such an obvious thing to do.
SYNERGY
NZstb9y.png

Wonder if this means that EVO will be on the front page come AUGUST?
I wonder if PlayStation will have a booth at Crunchyroll Expo. Besides a handful of companies who will have an industry panel (including Aniplex of course), Crunchyroll didn't announce the participating companies yet. It would be a smart move IMO. Let people try the PS5 and some anime games there (Kimetsu, DB, One Piece, Digimon...).
A PS Store CRX-themed discount would be a great "synergy" move too.

Jun 6, 2022

1) Looks fun
2) The fact that Bend is still using the rainbow color scheme over their logo this far into July raises my respect for them as a studio.

Coming up in Season 18 will be our second go at bringing a raid out of the Destiny Content Vault and this time it's going to be... [REDACTED]. Sorry, we're saving the reveal of which raid is coming to Destiny 2 for our Destiny 2 Showcase on August, 23. But we wanted to make sure you had time to make any arrangements necessary to be ready on day-one. So, request off work, hire a babysitter, but don't skip school please, your education is important.

I'm betting that there is ~85% chance of King's Fall ~15% chance of Wrath of the Machine for the raid that is returning.

It will be interesting to see how many Destiny announcements occurs on the 23rd. I wonder if Bungie will have any non-Destiny announcements at a PlayStation showcase this year.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I guess I'll do a round up for all PlayStation Blog posts for the week by the end of Friday because why not? I'm weirdly interested in how Sony communicates and markets via their blog website

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I'll say it again, Sony's been doing a great job with engagement. April was the only real slow month, but this entire year since CES we've been getting a steady stream of info. It's just amazing that they've managed to give us that without even having a 2022 showcase yet. We're constantly getting updates on games, studios, services, exclusives, features, accessories, initiatives and more.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I'll say it again, Sony's been doing a great job with engagement. April was the only real slow month, but this entire year since CES we've been getting a steady stream of info. It's just amazing that they've managed to give us that without even having a 2022 showcase yet. We're constantly getting updates on games, studios, services, exclusives, features, accessories, initiatives and more.
Yeah they've been excellent at leveraging their social media and online communications. Their blog has been really active for the past few weeks, whether it be from partners or Sony themselves.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Also also repeat, I REALLY wish we could've seen what Sony had planned for the PS5 without the pandemic smashing their plans to rubble. Right now we'd still be singing the praises of 2021 and we'd be deep into the 2022 lineup now (whatever that was)

Ah well...

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Just got done reading the Backbone article. I hope they eventually make a PlayStation controller for Android. My controller broke a couple of years ago, so I tried to finish Resident Evil 3 with my phone while waiting for the new one to arrive in the mail. I didn't even make it five minutes into where I left off.

PlayStation remote play (using your phone's touch screen as the controller) is janky to the point of being usable. At least for 3D AAA games.

No PS showcase is confirmed.
Thanks.

Where the fuck did August 10th come from?
The rumour mill. Where else?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
A few more hours til the quarterly report. Wonder if any game sales updates might come out of it.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, I can understand the sentiment. I love gaming, been gaming since a little kid, and unforuntely I don't have many connections to the culture from family and friends IRL. My wife loves watching me play, and I have a gaming cousin, but no one to delve deep into how games are made and the industry like forum-talk. The problem with forum talk is that its often TOO extreme and obsessive and revolves around negativity so much. Maybe we should make a discord together Figboy! Let me know.

Damn, that's unfortunate :(

I'm lucky in that I have friends and family that I can talk games with, as well as my coworkers, obviously. Opinions between my coworkers run the gamut, but the tone of the discourse is, like, tangibly different compared to what I see on social media and forums. It's like, even if the same concerns/criticisms about x, y, or z are brought up, there's a distinct lack of hostility, hyperbole, and toxicity, and it's just so nice. I could talk about video games, and game development, and my questionable hot takes I tend to keep to myself all day, but the fun of talking games has been slowly eroded over the past few years in particular.

Hopefully you find more folks to discuss games with as well! I barely use discord (like, I tend to log on once a month, when i remember i have it installed XD XD), or else I totally would! I did joint a gaming discord a few months back, but I feel bad because for not contributing much of anything...

For sure. And I had always wondered how information is controlled in game development. A culture of trust where leaks aren't an issue must be a much more comfortable environment compared to a culture of suspicion.

Suspend and resume would be neat but I'm doubting that one comes.

In general, security is taken very, very seriously at these studios and publishers, but like I said in my earlier post, it's really hard to maintain consistent security over the life of a project, especially as it starts to pass through more and more hands in the lead up to launch. The further your project expands outside of the studio, the greater the risk for potential leaks to happen. After all, there's only so much you can control once your game leaves the "relative safety" of the studio.

NDA's can only do so much, and some information is easier to leak than other information, so there's a lot of "honor system" style trust on top of the legal coverage (ie, the aforementioned NDA's) that goes on at many studios. That culture of suspicion is even more painful when the studio is smaller and close knit. No one wants to think that the person that they've worked alongside for x number of years is untrustworthy, and on the other side, no one wants to be treated like they aren't trustworthy when they are, indeed, trustworthy people.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished Stray. Currently a top 5 game for me so far this year.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I like how the "gamelists" are integrated into the library on the PS5 UI, from an aesthetic standpoint. It looks clean and well-placed.

Status
Not open for further replies.