• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 gifts from Deluxera

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 4 gifts from Deluxera Deluxera!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Deluxera said:
Here are four codes for the Summer 2022 PS5 System Software Beta. To get into the Beta you need to redeem the code on the PS Store, then go to Setting and System Software and then Update to the Beta.

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 5 (Europe) PlayStation 5 (Europe): PS5 System Software Beta - Summer 2022 - Won by tok9 tok9 (10 entries)
  • PlayStation 5 (Europe) PlayStation 5 (Europe): PS5 System Software Beta - Summer 2022 - Won by idonteven idonteven (3 entries)
  • PlayStation 5 (Europe) PlayStation 5 (Europe): PS5 System Software Beta - Summer 2022 - Won by Damien1990 Damien1990 (4 entries)
  • PlayStation 5 (Europe) PlayStation 5 (Europe): PS5 System Software Beta - Summer 2022 - Won by Katana_Strikes Katana_Strikes (3 entries)

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
For those who've participated in the previous PS4/5 betas, is it typically pretty stable?
Yeah, the only issue I had was with the last one. I couldnt do the System Feature Updates anymore when the official firmware rolled out. So I had to go into safe mode and download the official update again.

Didnt lose any games or saves, media.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Puzzle platformer where your character is linked to a dead body and needs it to regain stamina. You'll need to overcome a variety of dangerous situations with this burden slowing you down.
indreams.me

STRAIN | DreamsCom22 demo

Discover the introduction of STRAIN, a puzzle platformer where your character is linked to a dead body and needs it to regain stamina. FULL GAME AVAILABLE

View: https://twitter.com/mediamolecule/status/1552705251504971778

Create an asset, make a film, upvote faves or even vote on new themes.
indreams.me

DREAM FLIX 📼 Season 2

<clue>If the Play button is grayed out, just enter the main menu scene from the Dream map.</clue> Your destination for schedule, announcements, voting and viewing throughout the season. To participate in the jam, start here: DREAM 📼 FLIX

View: https://twitter.com/mediamolecule/status/1552692895886573570

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
After I had to completely reinstall firmware manually and factory reset my PS5 in the middle of my Forbidden West playthrough I'm wary about Beta firmware despite really wanting folders early lol

Det

Jul 30, 2020
I need PS to hurry up with their initiatives. Get cohesive messaging for PC releases, revamp the remote play app with cloud streaming, launch PC client and tie their ecosystem up with PSN with cross-buy/progression/trophies etc. (keep releasing on Steam/EGS for the love of god), launch the pro controller, integrate Discord into PS5, build out the interesting OS ideas like game slices/save-state cards across all titles, custom faceplates (easiest money in the world), and so on.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I need PS to hurry up with their initiatives. Get cohesive messaging for PC releases, revamp the remote play app with cloud streaming, launch PC client and tie their ecosystem up with PSN with cross-buy/progression/trophies etc. (keep releasing on Steam/EGS for the love of god), launch the pro controller, integrate Discord into PS5, build out the interesting OS ideas like game slices/save-state cards across all titles, and so on.
We got cohesive messages for PC release like how clear can they be on that subject?

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021
Regarding original content by Bluepoint, I would have put money on Demon's Souls 6th Archstone. Bluepoint would be the only team outside From who has the best understanding of the levels and combat, having agonized over each decision and how it fits in with the overall game. That, coupled with some amount of concept already available for the 6th Archstone seemed like the ideal project to start original development.

Except that it has been two years, and that seems too long a time for this, unless they are remaking everything, which they would probably need to for original content.

I always thought Bluepoint would be perfect to be paired with game design studio like Ueda's Gen Design. if I understand it right, Ueda studio is just small studio focused on game design and concept, right? to make the game itself, they will have to work with other bigger studio, which is how I imagine a tech focused studio like Bluepoint would be so good at. plus Bluepoint is already familiar with Ueda's game with their remastered works.

also, it feels like in Japan, concept studio like Ueda is not that uncommon, right? I think I've hear some other veteran game dev that left their previous company to make small studio like this. I think that's how Comcept and Mistwalker started, right?

Thats an idea! call up Jim.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
After basically killing my backlog during quarantine, I actually have enough games in my backlog again through recent sales that I'll have a ton to get through between big releases

Persona 5 Royal, Dragon's Dogma, Star Wars Fallen Order, Final Fantasy IX replay. Between these, GoW:R and Pokemon, I'm probably set until BotW2 lol

Det

Jul 30, 2020
We got cohesive messages for PC release like how clear can they be on that subject?

No we have not. The messaging has been "a whole slate" of 1st party games will release on PC, but they've never stated how long after new games launch as a window, nor if it includes every game in the back-catalog. We can infer from their Nixxes acquisition all new games will eventually come but that's not direct messaging.

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
I need PS to hurry up with their initiatives. Get cohesive messaging for PC releases, revamp the remote play app with cloud streaming, launch PC client and tie their ecosystem up with PSN with cross-buy/progression/trophies etc. (keep releasing on Steam/EGS for the love of god), launch the pro controller, integrate Discord into PS5, build out the interesting OS ideas like game slices/save-state cards across all titles, custom faceplates (easiest money in the world), and so on.

Good god, no!

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Whats crazy they still got alto of stuff to talk about.

PSVR2, Dualsense Pro, 2 live-service games to release, 1 mobile game to release. Let alone an expected gaming showcase for 2023 and beyond.

Also for things baking in the oven taken from job listings: PC client, streaming integration into mobile/other devices, upgraded streaming server hardware and features, and more.

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
Why? As long as all the games are available on Steam & EGS as well, it's a way to get PS+ onto PC natively with all the cross-buy/trophy benefits.

I play on PC a lot. I don't want another thing to have log into lol.
I really doubt Sony would do cross buy for PC... definitely not with their AAA games.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
I play on PC a lot. I don't want another thing to have log into lol.
I really doubt Sony would do cross buy for PC... definitely not with their AAA games.

That's fine, you don't have to use it. I play on PC a lot and would like a native client if it included features such as PS+/trophies/cross-buy/cross-buy. I honestly think they would allow cross-buy, but only in their own ecosystem like Xbox has with their PC client.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
The only way id see sony doing cross buy would be including a key to the game if bought on one platform or the other. But yeah nah no more launchers lol.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Still riding the high of Sony finally supporting 1440p lool. Might be a bit of hopium, but given Sony allows devs to either fall back on system wide 120Hz/VRR or patch modes into games, I'd hope this means their live service games in dev will have native 1440p120 modes.

Would be preeeeeetty, preeetty, pretty cool.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys still believe we're getting those 2 live service games this fiscal year?

Where did the original info about that come from anyways? I feel like in the current gaming climate one or both of them could be delayed.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys still believe we're getting those 2 live service games this fiscal year?

Where did the original info about that come from anyways? I feel like in the current gaming climate one or both of them could be delayed.
The info came from Jim Ryan so I believe it. They have until end of March so another 8 months to release 2 live service games. I imagine it'll be one this year, and one early next year.

Realistically they can announce something at a potential September Showcase to drop shortly after. The thing with live service games is they don't need a big marketing cycle, just drop them and let word of mouth carry it.

Det

Jul 30, 2020

From Sony IR day. Of course, one or both could be delayed. The same report mentioned 1 mobile game releasing as well.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I had a small stack of Walmart giftcards after my birthday yesterday and ended up picking up a 1TB WD_Black SN850 in-store. I probably could have done without because I only really tend to play two or so games at a time but $150 was too much a deal especially when I had gift cards.

Why? As long as all the games are available on Steam & EGS as well, it's a way to get PS+ onto PC natively with all the cross-buy/trophy benefits.
I don't want a launcher but I'd love to earn trophies like I earn Xbox Achievements.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
The info came from Jim Ryan so I believe it. They have until end of March so another 8 months to release 2 live service games. I imagine it'll be one this year, and one early next year.

Realistically they can announce something at a potential September Showcase to drop shortly after. The thing with live service games is they don't need a big marketing cycle, just drop them and let word of mouth carry it.

From Sony IR day. Of course, one or both could be delayed. The same report mentioned 1 mobile game releasing as well.

Imagine if one of those games is actually Factions 🥵

Det

Jul 30, 2020
I don't want a launcher but I'd love to earn trophies like I earn Xbox Achievements.

I would love for them to have one as I sometimes switch between console & PC, especially for anything FPS/competitive. If any of their live-service games are like that then bring on a launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.