• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Since everyone here has their dream Naughty Dog game mine would be in a High Fantasy setting. Doesn't have to be open world, something like TLOU would work but I'd love to see a drama between warring houses with ND's attention to detail.

I'd prefer a space opera. Would be interesting to see what kind of alien races they could come up with in a more "serious" sci-fi setting compared to their work on Jak.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Currently watching college football.

A PS5/Ragnarok commercial just aired.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
I hope we get some great additions to Plus Premium by the end of the year. The classics selection has been disappointing so far.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Bend Studios still has a lot to prove to be seen as up there with the rest of the long-running PS Studios teams, IMO. Of course, Days Gone was their first console game in many many years. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with next.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Bend Studios still has a lot to prove to be seen as up there with the rest of the long-running PS Studios teams, IMO. Of course, Days Gone was their first console game in many many years. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with next.
Bend Studios seems to be infused with some fresh talent after Jeff Ross and John Garvin left the company, so I do think they have potential to make something cool.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Me watching both House of the Dragon and The Lord of the Rings every week going forward:
winnie-the-pooh-disney.gif
Yes!

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
did you play it yet? The feel of the mechanics is just amazing. The backstabs and critical hits especially. The music is also better.

It's just a better game lol.

Not just yet. Been very busy the past few days but this weekend, it's go time. Might make a LTTP thread if there hasn't been a recent one.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I'd prefer a space opera. Would be interesting to see what kind of alien races they could come up with in a more "serious" sci-fi setting compared to their work on Jak.

Space opera sci fi is what i would love most from either ND or SSM. But, if its high fantasy boy I'm also 100% on board. Either would make me really happy from these legendary studios.

Tbf though, SSM already has one of the best fantasy games in God of War.

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
The Last of Us Firefly Edition already sold out again btw. That thing is going quick.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I still think a Cyberpunk themed game would be perfect for ND next game.
One with more Noir inspired feel.

Closer to Blade Runner and Ghost in the Shell.
ND knows how to do simple stories with complex characters, and the themes would fit perfectly for ND

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
They would never do it because it wouldn't sell but I would love a detective game from ND with no combat at all. Just exploring and looking for clues in extremely detailed environments. Interviewing witnesses with their insane face tech. A dark fucked up story like Se7en or something and you're putting the pieces together.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
I still think a Cyberpunk themed game would be perfect for ND next game.
One with more Noir inspired feel.

Closer to Blade Runner and Ghost in the Shell.
ND knows how to do simple stories with complex characters, and the themes would fit perfectly for ND
Oh god I can only imagine. Those graphics in a cyberpunk world. Neon lights, steamy, gritty environments, flying cars *drool*

Kratos Next

Banned
May 28, 2022
Oh my God, two more super veterans from Ubisoft moved to Haven Studios (Jade Raymond)
Her studio is luring all the talents to itself - one worked for 8 years (Assistant technical Director and lead level designer Rainbow Six Siege), and the other over 13 years on almost all games since Assasins Creed 2
bezymiannyi.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad it's out so we can all move the hell on. New blood. We need new blood, Sony. No more remakes, please.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
My dream ND project is a Marvel game, I know there'd be a fright about another PS Studio making a Marvel game instead of something original, but I love games, Naughty Dog, and Marvel so I'd be in bliss.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
My dream ND project is a Marvel game, I know there'd be a fright about another PS Studio making a Marvel game instead of something original, but I love games, Naughty Dog, and Marvel so I'd be in bliss.

I guess I would be alright with a ND/Marvel project as long as it's not a fucking Punisher game. I need some Naughty Dog charm back after all this dour violence.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I would be alright with a ND/Marvel project as long as it's not a fucking Punisher game. I need some Naughty Dog charm back after all this dour violence.
Yeah Druckmann must love him some grim, revenge-driven violence in fiction. Like bro, didn't you get enough of that during TLOU2's development?

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
Marvel's The Sentry by Naughty Dog.

f44198d123906642219d0551caa77fb2.jpg

View: https://youtu.be/bYTqBVaa-cQ

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad it's out so we can all move the hell on. New blood. We need new blood, Sony. No more remakes, please.
For better or worse, there's one more PS4 era Sony game getting a PS5 face-lift I know of that I don't believe is too far out from getting announced. This will be my one comment on it, not elaborating, but I am of the personal opinion I don't even know why they're graphically remastering the game, but they can do what they want I suppose.

Jaytra

Sep 29, 2021
For better or worse, there's one more PS4 era Sony game getting a PS5 face-lift I know of that I don't believe is too far out from getting announced. This will be my one comment on it, not elaborating, but I am of the personal opinion I don't even know why they're graphically remastering the game, but they can do what they want I suppose.

Interesting. Cue the predictions!

JoueurN1

May 15, 2020

Bloo..... Bloodb..... Knack Ps5 ?

Elfstruck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Please be Infamous SS.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If we're throwing names out I'm gonna go with HZD.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne? No, it makes too much sense. The Last Guardian? Probably not enough people care.

Status
Not open for further replies.