• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I hope Sony has plans to have a ton of PS5 units ready for GoWR's launch globally.

They should. PS5 stock has been steadily ramping up since around July and in the last 3 quarters of this FY they have to hit ~15 million PS5's. Rumor had it that the 6nm PS5 would move into production in the second half of this year, that might be the recent revision that we've seen that's a bit lighter.

Jimbo's apparently aiming to drown the market in PS5's if that 30.5 million figure is accurate. With FF16, Spider-Man 2, FF7 Rebirth and who knows what else, that certainly makes sense. I remember before the PS5 launched I kept saying that if Sony managed to produce 30 million PS5's for the first FY then they'd sell every single one of 'em. A couple years late due to the pandemic, but maybe they'll finally be able to pull that off 😁

I still dunno if 30.5 million units in a single FY is an industry record or not, but it's DAMNED impressive if it's accurate.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like we should just consider Tom Henderson an independent journalist since he's already doing what most journalists do anyway. He even writes stuff. Journalists are fine, even if they indulge in the "insider" game. They're still providing information and vetting their sources for the public to be aware of it. Nothing unethical is being done here. The Twitter Insiders though are rather annoying and just spark needless speculation. Just tell us what you heard.
Journalists or not leaks harm devs like it has being said many times by devs other devs on twitter.

No shade, but I am genuinely so sick and tired of insiders. There's a specific kind of 'insiders' I'm referring to here.
Agreed i being over it for awhile not they are everywhere now.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Journalists or not leaks harm devs like it has being said many times by devs other devs on twitter.
Leaking of games is one thing but not every report is necessarily damaging, which is what I was referring to. Updates on a game's development, like a game being delayed or something happening during production is also fine with me as that information normally comes from a person involved in the game's development.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018

Agreed i being over it for awhile not they are everywhere now.

I honestly just think it's harmful to devs and harmful to those whose sole efforts are in marketing the games they make. It's tasteless IMO

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Leaking of games is one thing but not every report is necessarily damaging, which is what I was referring to. Updates on a game's development, like a game being delayed or something happening during production is also fine with me as that information normally comes from a person involved in the game's development.
I mean it not find even stuff like that is damaging let the devs come out to say that stuff about something like delay. Its a pointless middleman for no reason.

I honestly just think it's harmful to devs and harmful to those whose sole efforts are in marketing the games they make. It's tasteless IMO
Yep like one dev people have no idea how bad this stuff actually is.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I mean it not find even stuff like that is damaging let the devs come out to say that stuff. Its a pointless middleman for no reason.
Sometimes a dev doesn't clarify when a game is delayed. KOTOR for example got internally rebooted but we wouldn't know that without the reports by Jason Schreier. That information is useful, regardless if you like it coming from a journalist or not. I just think we need to draw a fine line over what information is worth sharing to the public and what is mostly just useless information that just breaks marketing NDAs.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Say bye to the new insider

View: https://twitter.com/oOStep_Oo/status/1571931485854375936

Hope he is not a journalist. Or he will be sued for breaking NDA

whoops if true
oof-damn.gif

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not.
He probably just trowing some name. Plus is not only 2 people work on CoD.
I have no doubt more devs that worked on CoD will be joining Deviation. Seems a easy guess
The GoW being part of the SoP is another question.

Did the press know then? So why did they act surprised when it was revealed lol

Rintaro_kyoka

Aug 4, 2022
There's something so beautifully karmic of someone feigning to be a super secret Ninja insider who turns out to be some YouTube Guy.
Not saying it's his case but being a youtuber doesn't negate the fact that you also have insider knowledge, jeff grubb is also a youtuber, nate drake is one and there is alot of french youtuber that have access to insight info about french compagnies because they know someone who work in these compagnies or because they were ex journalist.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Not saying it's his case but being a youtuber doesn't negate the fact that you also have insider knowledge, jeff grubb is also a youtuber, nate drake is one and there is alot of french youtuber that have access to insight info about french compagnies because they knows someone who work on it or because they were ex journalist.
Grubb isn't a YouTuber lol. He works in games media

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Say bye to the new insider

View: https://twitter.com/oOStep_Oo/status/1571931485854375936

Hope he is not a journalist. Or he will be sued for breaking NDA

This just unlocked a memory for me.
This leaker said that Lily Gao would play Ada , in this tweet :

View: https://twitter.com/TheReaIInsider/status/1568876795658911744
And when I saw that, I was like "Mh, that corroborates with what someone else on youtube said when it was first announced.'
Guess who that youtuber was ?

View: https://youtu.be/VvgJ6mF7nV4?t=645

Dan is absolutely TheRealInsider lmao

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Not saying it's his case but being a youtuber doesn't negate the fact that you also have insider knowledge, jeff grubb is also a youtuber, nate drake is one and there is alot of french youtuber that have access to insight info about french compagnies because they know someone who work in these compagnies or because they were ex journalist.
The difference is that he (supposedly) abused his position as a YouTuber to leak information, Grubb uses YouTube/Twitch to just spread his claims.

Stealth Edit: seeing the post above, you can remove the supposedly lmao.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Rintaro_kyoka

Aug 4, 2022
The difference is that he (supposedly) abused his position as a YouTuber to leak information, Grubb uses YouTube/Twitch to just spread his claims.
I'm not saying he didn't abused his position or anything, just that having a youtube account doesn't negate the fact that he can have inside info from people he knows within compagnies and that other youtuber don't have access to just from being youtuber.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey

Stealth Edit: seeing the post above, you can remove the supposedly lmao.
Yep. Grubb, like Tom Henderson, is a journalist first and foremost and regularly shares murmurings he heard from his myriad of sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.