Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2022
Cool cool. Is the PS5 version of FF7R really pretty and runs smooth? I might actually do it again if it's super pretty.
They overhauled ALOT of systems in the PS5 version.

Lighting is better, texture detail is improved. Character models are improved. More graphical effects like improved fog have been added etc.
And the 60fps runs like a dream.

Basically it is a huge upgrade over the PS4 version.
Way prettier and it runs MUCH better.

Oh, and everything loads in like 2-3 seconds, crazy fast.

But it is still a PS4 game underneath all the fancy new upgrades though, something to keep in mind.

FF7 Rebirth is where we will see massive changes that can't be done on last-gen

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoy physical while it lasts my friends, the reaper is slowly coming 😔

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I wouldn't be surprised if that 30 million is a manufacturing target rather than a shipped total. They generally have to produce more in a fiscal year than they'll ship, just due to logistics. You want a few million to be ready for the next FY.

Still, even if it's the case (and I'm just spitballing here) they'd probably be shipping 26-28 million ps5s, which is pretty bonkers

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
There are external GPUs people plug into laptops that aren't well equipped for gaming. If Sony wanted to do something like that, I guess they could do a breaker box sort-of peripheral that adds more memory or GPU bandwidth or something. Then again, i think they'd probably just make an entirely new SKU for that.
The problem is bottlenecks and optimization which is why I think it isn't feasible.

Rintaro_kyoka

Aug 4, 2022
lol at shipping 30M in a year
It's not the first time this is mentioned it was always in their plan to reach that at some point, they said in their investor call that they aim for ps5 to beat the record of the most sold ps console in a fiscal year which is owned by the ps1 once production issue get solved, the only thing that prevent them to do this up until now was production issues.

Physical has been basically in a dead state on pc for years, pc towers don't have disk drive anymore nor laptop unlike what alot of people make it seems here, it's not the end of the world, everything is still okay .

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if that 30 million is a manufacturing target rather than a shipped total. They generally have to produce more in a fiscal year than they'll ship, just due to logistics. You want a few million to be ready for the next FY.

Still, even if it's the case (and I'm just spitballing here) they'd probably be shipping 26-28 million ps5s, which is pretty bonkers
That could definitely be it, regardless what's implied is Sony aims to have around 65 million PS5s or more shipped by March 2024, which sounds ridiculous considering it will exceed the PS4 by 5 million units by then. Here's hoping their plan succeeds because that will be a sight to behold.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
From my experience it was rock solid, but I only played the Yuffie DLC parts on PS5 to be fair...

They overhauled ALOT of systems in the PS5 version.

Lighting is better, texture detail is improved. Character models are improved. More graphical effects like improved fog have been added etc.
And the 60fps runs like a dream.

Basically it is a huge upgrade over the PS4 version.
Way prettier and it runs MUCH better.

Oh, and everything loads in like 2-3 seconds, crazy fast.

But it is still a PS4 game underneath all the fancy new upgrades though, something to keep in mind.

FF7 Rebirth is where we will see massive changes that can't be done on last-gen

Loading times is the best part of the PS5 version.
Wow. I'm in

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Digital will vastly overtake physical at some point just as it has done for movies and music. My only hope is that there is still a niche market for physical games in the future in the same way that collectors continue to purchase Blu-Ray movies and vinyl records.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
I think this new PS5 will completely replace both the Digital and Disc version. Just having to produce one single SKU is way easier.

Sep 6, 2022
This picture from the other thread.
I'm dead 🤣

ps5.png

Rintaro_kyoka

Aug 4, 2022
Comparing digital on PC and on Console is a big misunderstanding of the situation.
I've been gaming purely digitally on both for more than a decade now so to me it really isn't that different and I'm not shocked that digital is already a standard for gaming console, I haven't buy a single physical game for the entire ps4 generation and I had one since day one, just like I have my digital ps5 since day one, I get some people on here don't want to depend only on the ps store but the vast majority of people seems to not care .

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe 12m from now until the release of the new console? it'd a bit on the lower side bit it make more sense than 30 million in one year.

Rintaro_kyoka

Aug 4, 2022
Maybe 12m from now until the release of the new console? it'd a bit on the lower side bit it make more sense than 30 million in one year.
No, they plan to release 18M console this fiscal year so it's more than 12M already and they plan to have more than 60M ps5 sold for fiscal year 2024 and they also plan to surpass ps1 shippement in a single fiscal year that is the record for any ps console atm, so yeah for that they will need to target 30M units sold in one fiscal year sooner or later.

Rintaro_kyoka

Aug 4, 2022
Hey it doesn't need to be Sony. If Sony actually supports third-party disc drives that would be even cooler tbh. Gives consumers more options and allows them to save money that way.
It will probably be that way since they are already doing it for the nvme , I personally like the fact that ps5 is like a pc tower , you can swap pieces accordingly to your preferences.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020

That would be a really bad year for playstation consoles, roughly matching last year when holiday and 4Q supply was absolutely dreadful.

Oct 25, 2017
If those were the options at launch I definitely would have just got a digital one and then got disk drive if I needed one later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.