Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
The Dead Space remake is going to give me a stroke with its awesome-looking intensity director. This has the potential to be the scariest game of 2023.

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
That feels like 26 years though :(

Goodluck! The butterfly one can be a total bitch but there's some good guides on how to beat it.

TLOU2 on Grounded. I'm over 15 hours in and only just made it past the hospital now. Grounded is so intense, way more than I expected
I finished the whole game on grounded yesterday. Almost every level took atleast 4-5 deaths lol. Very tense and enjoyable experience. I took the help of enhanced listening mode to make sure I don't miss ammo and resources which are very very crucial. The game however would become more generous towards the end. I love the enemy AI and cannot see myself returning to normal difficulty after this.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA

HighlevelBlackAlligatorgar-size_restricted.gif

Time is flying by!

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That feels like 26 years though :(

I finished the whole game on grounded yesterday. Almost every level took atleast 4-5 deaths lol. Very tense and enjoyable experience. I took the help of enhanced listening mode to make sure I don't miss ammo and resources which are very very crucial. The game however would become more generous towards the end. I love the enemy AI and cannot see myself returning to normal difficulty after this.

4-5 deaths? That's crazy haha, in a good way. That's some skill! My death count is at least double that for most encounters. Good Lord, Hilcrest on Grounded alone probably gave me more anxiety than a FromSoft game 🤣

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I'd mark out like a fanboy of Naughty Dogs rumored fantasy game is Game of Thrones/ASoI&F. I'm generally tired of that setting if it doesn't have a unique aesthetic or if it's not some sort of original world like a Final Fantasy, but a big budget Naughty Dog Game of Thrones games would be absolutely insane.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Been playing a ton of FF11. This game is nuts, man. Haven't felt like this playing a game in a long time

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
I got an invite from Sony to buy a PS5 today through Direct, after already having bought 2 that way in the past long ago. Why send me an invite if in the end it won't let me check out lol. I don't need one but I was going to gift it to a friend so I'm just a little annoyed is all. If you're not gonna let me buy one, don't send me an invite lol

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
4-5 deaths? That's crazy haha, in a good way. That's some skill! My death count is at least double that for most encounters. Good Lord, Hilcrest on Grounded alone probably gave me more anxiety than a FromSoft game 🤣
Yeah Hilcrest level is insane. I don't even regret killing those doggies in grounded. The way you jump down as you go further feels very badass. I found TV station to be way harder maybe due to it's narrow paths.

The only level I felt that is impossible in grounded is that Seraphite island It drove me nuts when I played it yesterday.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Finishing my GoW play through this weekend! That'll give me a few weeks to tackle something else before Ragnarok. I'm thinking finish FW.

Ani

Nov 9, 2020

I really like this approach. Sharing documented early game details and changes presumably after the game releases. People will find some value out of this and it's seemingly being released in a way that doesn't hurt the developers or the fans. I usually despise leaks but this I can get on board with. I like it.

Ovvv

Banned
Jan 11, 2019
I haven't felt like that since I played FFXI lol

Bought a Japanese PS2 to play it for the first time. Magical experiences in that game throughout the years.
Really great experience so far. Feels like it came from another world lol. I had to adjust my read on game interfaces for this shit. Felt like playing a video game for the first time

Ricen-Beans

Oct 27, 2017
I was secretly hoping a plagues tale would be free on plus since it's free on game pass I think. But oh well. I'll prolly have to buy it.

Sep 6, 2022
I was secretly hoping a plagues tale would be free on plus since it's free on game pass I think. But oh well. I'll prolly have to buy it.
Even if I had a Series X, I honestly would just pick it up on PS5.

They said they have excellent new Dualsense features in this game and the last game had some of the best of any PS5 game.
So, I trust them, and I am excited to get it day 1.

Gamepass is incredible value, but Dualsense features is how you win my ass over lol.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I was pretty set on getting Gotham Knights but the 30fps news only has me on the fence now. Really no excuse not to have a performance mode on at least the series X and ps5

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021
Actually thinking if Sony will do a PS5 Pro. Shouldn't be an issue at all since everyone should be able to sell their current PS5 for most, if not all the Pros cost easily.

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021
Been playing a ton of FF11. This game is nuts, man. Haven't felt like this playing a game in a long time

FFXI?

It's glory days are long over.

If you havent experienced mob trains at the Selbina zone, or crawlers nest you missing out. That shit was hilarious, you'd see dozens of people zone in, and swiftly die and delvl, only to attract the train back to the zone and repeat the process 😂

Or only spending literal days looking for party as a Dragoon or Beastmaster.

Ahh...those were the days

PlayStation Blog Roundup (October 10th to 14th)
Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Had a busy day today, but that doesn't mean I forgot to do this week's....

PlayStation Blog Weekly Roundup!!!!

We got another relatively chill week from the PlayStation Blog front, but we still got a handful of neat articles. Here's every article Sony posted on PlayStation Blog for the week of October 14th!

Monday, October 10th
No articles were posted on Monday.

Tuesday, October 11th
How Dragon Ball: The Breakers adapted the fighting franchise into an asymmetrical survival game
Essential Picks promotion comes to PlayStation Store

Wednesday, October 12th
PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for October: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Definitive Edition, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age, Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Thursday, October 13th
Marvel's Spider-Man Miles Morales is coming to PC on November 18
Skate like the wind in OlliOlli World's final expansion

Friday, October 14th
Dead Space hands-on details - Upgraded and expanded horror gameplay
Share of the Week: Rainbows

Total articles for the week: 7. Slightly less than last week. There is also no new podcast episode, so I think Sony is done with doing PSVR2 related interviews for the time being. This is another week where Monday has been ignored from the PlayStation Blog calendar. I find this interesting since we usually make jokes about Random Tuesday and there's a pattern where Sony often skips Monday blogs when weeks are quieter. Of course, Mondays do get blog posts in quiet weeks sometimes, but oftentimes Sony starts posting blogs in Tuesday at a minimum for the week (with holiday breaks being an obvious exception).

Anyway, that's all I have for today. Thanks again to JuanLatino for threadmarking my weekly roundups!

JAY_HORROR

Sep 27, 2021

We got another relatively chill week from the PlayStation Blog front, but we still got a handful of neat articles. Here's every article Sony posted on PlayStation Blog for the week of October 14th!

Monday, October 10th

Tuesday, October 11th
How Dragon Ball: The Breakers adapted the fighting franchise into an asymmetrical survival game

Wednesday, October 12th
PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for October: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Definitive Edition, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age, Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Thursday, October 13th

Friday, October 14th

Total articles for the week: 7. Slightly less than last week. There is also no new podcast episode, so I think Sony is done with doing PSVR2 related interviews for the time being. This is another week where Monday has been ignored from the PlayStation Blog calendar. I find this interesting since we usually make jokes about Random Tuesday and there's a pattern where Sony often skips Monday blogs when weeks are quieter. Of course, Mondays do get blog posts in quiet weeks sometimes, but oftentimes Sony starts posting blogs in Tuesday at a minimum for the week (with holiday breaks being an obvious exception).

Anyway, that's all I have for today. Thanks again to JuanLatino for threadmarking my weekly roundups!
Always appreciate this bro

JoueurN1

May 15, 2020

Monday, October 10th

Tuesday, October 11th

Wednesday, October 12th

Thursday, October 13th

Friday, October 14th

Thanks for the recaps you doing here ! really appreciate

Oct 29, 2017

Monday, October 10th

Tuesday, October 11th

Wednesday, October 12th

Thursday, October 13th

Friday, October 14th

Thanks for the recaps. Much appreciated. 😃🙂

Nasser

Mar 18, 2022

Monday, October 10th

Tuesday, October 11th

Wednesday, October 12th

Thursday, October 13th

Friday, October 14th

Thank you for doing this.

knack2bae

Banned
Oct 23, 2021
If a console is just replaceable by a PC, then what's the point of the PS5 in the first place?
The storefront, and they don't need a Pro for that. Obviously I'm just wondering. Sony said back in 2016 that part of the goal with PS4 Pro was to prevent console players from switching to PC. Those were the old days. But now Sony openly advertises how the best versions of their big games like Spider-man and God of War are on PC. Things have changed.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
If a console is just replaceable by a PC, then what's the point of the PS5 in the first place?

Andrew House saw PC as competition and said PS4 Pro was a way to minimize the amount of people who started migrating to PC due to the difference in specs.

www.gamedeveloper.com

Andrew House: PS4's main competitor isn't the Xbox, it's the PC

"I saw some data that really influenced me. It suggested that there's a dip mid-console lifecycle where the players who want the very best graphical experience will start to migrate to PC."

Their stance has drastically changed since then.

I do think PS5 Pro will be a thing though, but probably not anytime soon. There was a significant difference in size between base PS4 and PS4 Pro, and PS5 is already pretty massive.

PS5 is a pretty good console tech wise and people who usually stick to consoles don't want to deal with PC stuff, so there's always a market for it.

Ovvv

Banned
Jan 11, 2019
FFXI?

It's glory days are long over.

If you havent experienced mob trains at the Selbina zone, or crawlers nest you missing out. That shit was hilarious, you'd see dozens of people zone in, and swiftly die and delvl, only to attract the train back to the zone and repeat the process 😂

Or only spending literal days looking for party as a Dragoon or Beastmaster.

Ahh...those were the days
I'm just in it for the story, which is already intriguing and I hear is fantastic.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I finally had time to calibrate and play some games on the new TV that arrived on Tuesday. And the leap from a 2013 TV is pretty impressive.

You guys weren't lying about R&C Rift Apart (that 40hz mode is awesome). Gran Turismo 7's HDR is also insane. It made me want to reinstall some games that I already finished using the old TV (Miles, Forbidden West and so on). Even PS4 games like Part 2 may look quite different.

I can't wait to play Ragnarok on this.

knack2bae

Banned
Oct 23, 2021
I finally had time to calibrate and play some games on the new TV that arrived on Tuesday. And the leap from a 2013 TV is pretty impressive.

You guys weren't lying about R&C Rift Apart (that 40hz mode is awesome). Gran Turismo 7's HDR is also insane. It made me want to reinstall some games that I already finished using the old TV (Miles, Forbidden West and so on). Even PS4 games like Part 2 may look quite different.

I can't wait to play Ragnarok on this.
TLOU1, TLOU2, and HFW at 4K60 HDR are all gorgerous.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
The pc strategy does not impact on the possibility of a ps5 Pro. The whole point of the pc ports is that console and PC are different markets. So the market for ps5 Pro will exist even if games are ported to PC. People like me won't game on PC but may want better console versions of games.

However, if in fact some people do migrate to PC because these ports exist, that actually makes the case for a ps5 Pro stronger. Sony lose out on third party and sub revenue etc if their players move to PC.

I expect whether or not ps5 Pro will happen will be related to other considerations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.