Ffil38uUYAEnV2q

Ffil38xUoAAxOOr

Ffil38tUcAA9kBb

Ffil38sVUAAFJ8s

Wow!

Also no Blades?!

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Honestly, Sony should do a remastered Bloodborne with the DLC added launched on PS5 and PC. It's easy money. Literally guaranteed 10+ million copies sold. The anticipation for something like that is real especially in the post Elden Ring world

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, Sony should do a remastered Bloodborne with the DLC added launched on PS5 and PC. It's easy money. Literally guaranteed 10+ million copies sold. The anticipation for something like that is real especially in the post Elden Ring world

Imagine the shit storm another announcement of a remaster would generate. Sony probs had it in the pipeline but cancelled it.

Editing in a /s to make it more obvious….

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

I can easily see PlayStation as having been caught off guard by Elden Ring reaching the heights it did sales-wise. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have any plans for Bloodborne until a PS6 Bluepoint remake for launch. But there's enough time to do that and fastrack a PS5/PC Remaster and they could have it out next year if they greenlit it soon enough.

Jun 6, 2022
So, Marathon is another project at Bungie besides the brand new IP they said they would debut in 2025, huh?
In addition to the Destiny expansions, of course.
Lightfall 2023 and Final Shape 2024. In 2025 they should be starting the next saga for Destiny 2. I'm curious to see what direction they take there.

I hope that the new Marathon game and Matter are successful enough for Bungie and the rest of SIE.

I'm curious to see how many live service/multiplayer games Bungie will be capable of maintaining simultaneously in the long term.

Yeah, so far we unofficially know of "Matter" (unsure if final name), and Marathon, alongside more destiny.

I think Destiny mobile has also been speculated
Bungie has made mobile related patents this year.

We also have the following statement from Pete Parson's (Bungie's acting CEO).
"They also have a significant amount of experience in mobile we don't have. And one of the things we were really excited about when we met with them is their team has a considerable amount of development expertise and practices and processes that I think we can also learn from as a company who's trying to make games. That's one of the things we like about them. They're in the business to make games, and they're very excited about the future where we're beginning to incubate and explore new ideas."

As such, I do feel that the probability is high that Bungie is developing a mobile project.

I would love to see an RPG from Bungie.

On a different note, Sony's games for next year (both first party and third party):
•Spider-Man 2 (Insomniac)
•MLB (San Diego Studio)
•Destiny 2: Lightfall (Bungie)
•Final Fantasy XVI (SE CBU3)
•Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2 (SE CBU1)
•Forspoken (SE Luminous Productions)
•Stellar Blade (Shift Up)

I think that's everything. It looks like Square Enix is pulling a lot of weight for Sony next year.

I hope that several of Sony's studios are ready to reveal a game or two next year.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Huh? Sony not going to canceled or delay an announcement over some online fanboys.

Yeah places like ResetEra are the only places theres ever a shitstorm over PlayStation announcing remasters. Everywhere else they get great reception and the sales show it.

A Bloodborne remaster announcement would probably be a bigger deal than some of the new games Sony will be announcing over the next year lol

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah places like ResetEra are the only places theres ever a shitstorm over PlayStation announcing remasters. Everywhere else they get great reception and the sales show it.

A Bloodborne remaster announcement would probably be a bigger deal than some of the new games Sony will be announcing over the next year lol
There are just many terminally online takes when it comes to gaming at times and it just drowns out a lot of the more reasonable stuff.

yhgtu

Sep 12, 2021
Otoh it is incredibly disappointing to indeed see them coast, when we see GoWR releasing soon without a special place in a showcase.
We're also seeing independantly a new FF XVI trailer, a Capcom RE showcase, a Silent Hill blowout, etc, all in the best season to get hyped about both what's releasing soon as well as next year.

Do they HAVE to do anything?

Probably not.

Is it short sided to coast and just keep everything under your vest or left to third party announcements?
I think so.

I'm curious as to what you think the thousands of developers that they have are doing. Are they doing nothing? What about the 30 million PS5's they secured in one year, is that coasting? What about the mergers and acquisitions team sealing their next deal? There are people working very hard behind the scenes to keep PlayStation moving, and you're focusing on how you're being marketed to and projecting that on PlayStation as a whole.

Sony is about to launch a new VR headset, their biggest game maybe of all time, and are capping off a top 3 year for SIE.

You think they are coasting because you want to be marketed to, and you're letting everything that would have been announced in the past via showcase pass you by.

If they had announced PS Stars, the three tiers of PS+, Team Ninja's new game, Horizon Call of the Mountain, SH2, GoW gameplay, FF 7 Remake Part 2, TLoU Factions, VR2 design and gameplay, RE4 Remake, Spider-Man 2 gameplay, etc in a showcase we'd think it would be goated. But since the way they are announcing these things aren't the way we are used to, they are boring.

It's all mental tricks.

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
I can easily see PlayStation as having been caught off guard by Elden Ring reaching the heights it did sales-wise. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have any plans for Bloodborne until a PS6 Bluepoint remake for launch. But there's enough time to do that and fastrack a PS5/PC Remaster and they could have it out next year if they greenlit it soon enough.
I don't think so. Elden Ring was the most anticipated vide game of the last 2-3 years (other than GTA6). Sales for every new FromSoft game have increased steadily. ER selling at least 20 million copies seemed somewhat predictable imo. Especially because FS mentioned how they were really trying to make ER more accessible to a wider audience, which turned out to be true.
No one knows if Sony is not working on a Bloodborne remaster/remake or something like that. The interest for such a product will increase with every passing year anyway. It's bound to happen at some point.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, sales of TLoU Part 1 says some ppl freaking out over remakes and remasters doesn't equal reality.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
The RE showcase was good, I guess.
  • Leon could crouch walk now, confirming in previous trailer. Now he only need prone, because dodge mechanic already there. (/jk & /s)
  • Third-precision shooting return + dodge + parry & finishers.
  • "Honoring the original" while implementing new ideas & new stuffs so that it'll stay fresh & innovative, so that it's not only visual & technical upgrades. Gee, haven't heard that before, they shouldn't innovate like this you know, it'll make the product more appealing & enticing even if the game cost $70 day one on PS5... 🙄🤷 (/s)
  • Hunnigan, Luis, Salazar, the Ganados, Saddler, etc, looks great.
  • Amazing overall.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
The RE showcase was good, I guess.
  • Leon could crouch walk now, confirming in previous trailer. Now he only need prone, because dodge mechanic already there. (/jk & /s)
  • Third-precision shooting return + dodge + parry & finishers.
  • "Honoring the original" while implementing new ideas & new stuffs so that it'll stay fresh & innovative, so that it's not only visual & technical upgrades. Gee, haven't heard that before, they shouldn't innovate like this you know, it'll make the product more appealing & enticing even if the game cost $70 day one on PS5... 🙄🤷 (/s)
  • Hunnigan, Luis, Salazar, the Ganados, Saddler, etc, looks great.
  • Amazing overall.

He has a dodge?

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think so. Elden Ring was the most anticipated vide game of the last 2-3 years (other than GTA6). Sales for every new FromSoft game have increased steadily. ER selling at least 20 million copies seemed somewhat predictable imo. Especially because FS mentioned how they were really trying to make ER more accessible to a wider audience, which turned out to be true.
No one knows if Sony is not working on a Bloodborne remaster/remake or something like that. The interest for such a product will increase with every passing year anyway. It's bound to happen at some point.
lol what? No one could have predicted Elden Ring would have sold 20m copies in less than a year when Dark Souls as a whole is at 27m and Sekiro was at 5m after 1 year of release. Even Bandai was expecting the game to sell under 5m at launch and it sold 13m in a month.
Edit: I'm sure if Sony had predicted that Elden Ring would have sold that much, they would have move Horizon 2 far away from that game. Its painfully ironic how this keeps happening to Horizon.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
RE4 become my most anticipated game. That gameplay footage was insane.
I love that they went with much higher focus on horror this time.Every enemy looks 10 times more creepy than these on OG game.

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
lol what? No one could have predicted Elden Ring would sell 20m copies in less than a year when Dark Souls as a whole is at 27m and Sekiro was at 5m after 1 year of release. Even Bandai was expecting the game to sell under 5m at launch and it sold 13m in a month.
Not talking about one year. Talking about total sales. I don't see Elden Ring selling a lot of copies anymore and the game definitely managed to sell an insane amount of copies in a very short time span. Seems like most people who really wanted to play it or who were on the fence but curious, bought the game. It's an amazing success.
But if someone told me that an open world Souls game with more accessible gameplay features (summons and coop) would be a global hit, then I wouldn't be surprised at all. Especially when it was the most awaited game in years and being sold on every major platform other than the Switch. I remember discussing ER with a few friends and we all assumed that it would at least double DS3 total sales (which sold 10 million copies)
This game will probably have around 25 million lifetime sales and that doesn't shock me.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I'm still sleepy & watching on mobile, I thought it was a button prompt before enemy attacks like in RE6.

Maybe I'm mistaken. 😑🤷

Maybe you're right, it's just that I was looking for it and never saw anything that resembled a dodge even when he was walking near his enemies. I think there's a button prompt for the parry though but I'm not sure.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Forspoken (unless reviews are Gotham Knights level lol)
FFXVI
Tears of the Kingdom
Spider-Man 2 (fingers crossed)
Persona 4 and 3

I'm already set for 2024 barring a Spidey delay. Gonna be another great year for me. 2021 felt like an outlier for me where there weren't really any games that released I was particularly interested in. 2020, 2022, and now 2023 are banger years. Next year is gonna have a new Zelda and mainline Final Fantasy, my two favorite franchises. I love it

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
My hope is after inevitable success of RE4, other studios start to do reimaginings instead of 1:1 remakes. Excitement is a lot higher. You can stay faithful to OG versions and at same time add tons of new. :)

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't , it was a normal tweet that they have being doing for other games & even movies, but when it happened for bloodborne people got out of control, people are making scenario in their head alone then are going to blame others that their headcanon didn't happen.
I didn't know about those tweets for others games in the same style. I was excited at first before that info was shared. Lots of people were. Pardon for not knowing everything. 😆

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe you're right, it's just that I was looking for it and never saw anything that resembled a dodge even when he was walking near his enemies. I think there's a button prompt for the parry though but I'm not sure.
I saw the trailer gain & it seems no dodge mechanic, but parry button.

Still cool though.

The crouch walk & possible stealth reminds me that Joel & Mikami' game already done this way before. 😄

BlushingFatherlyIndigowingedparrot-size_restricted.gif

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious as to what you think the thousands of developers that they have are doing. Are they doing nothing? What about the 30 million PS5's they secured in one year, is that coasting? What about the mergers and acquisitions team sealing their next deal? There are people working very hard behind the scenes to keep PlayStation moving, and you're focusing on how you're being marketed to and projecting that on PlayStation as a whole.

Sony is about to launch a new VR headset, their biggest game maybe of all time, and are capping off a top 3 year for SIE.

You think they are coasting because you want to be marketed to, and you're letting everything that would have been announced in the past via showcase pass you by.

If they had announced PS Stars, the three tiers of PS+, Team Ninja's new game, Horizon Call of the Mountain, SH2, GoW gameplay, FF 7 Remake Part 2, TLoU Factions, VR2 design and gameplay, RE4 Remake, Spider-Man 2 gameplay, etc in a showcase we'd think it would be goated. But since the way they are announcing these things aren't the way we are used to, they are boring.

It's all mental tricks.
Pai Pai used the word coasting, not me.
I just find the lack of event very disappointing.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
My hope is after inevitable success of RE4, other studios start to do reimaginings instead of 1:1 remakes. Excitement is a lot higher. You can stay faithful to OG versions and at same time add tons of new. :)
No no no no.

They shouldn't innovate too much or add significant substantial new stuffs to it like fresh new contents or doing that's never been done before besides technical/visual upgrades.

It'll sway me to buy their products day one, even at $70 full price instead.

/s

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Question for those that watched the RE showcase.

Does the showcase spoil anything from RE Village?

I'm currently playing through the game for the first time and don't want to get spoiled if I watch the showcase.

Thanks

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Pai Pai used the word coasting, not me.
I just find the lack of event very disappointing.

Coasting wasnt the right word for me to use but I wasnt intending to imply that they werent doing anything and resting on their laurels. They're just not going overdrive in the marketing dept and not doing a showcase right now because quite honestly it is a waste of resources and is a poor use of the impact that new game announcements have on console sales. They cant sell more than they can ship now, so the smartest thing for them to do is wait, give devs more time to make a more impressive showcase, and keep pumping out as many units as they can.

There is also a downside to constantly announcing huge games when many people who want a PS5 can't get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.